There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jerry Jones caught on video during drunken rant

Parcell's wasn't worth ish? Yeah without him no Romo and you wouldn't be f'ing relevant right now in terms of being a winning football team Jerry come on now. Bill set this current string of Cowboy success up. Ugh still makes me sick a good a football guy as Parcells was a Cowboy, f'ing ugh.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't see anything wrong with it. Who on the WZ hasn't been a little drunk one night and said some sh**? Most of the time there isn't cameras around. Hardly a scandal IMO. It looks like he just likes to have a good time. And good for him. At his age that's actually pretty impressive that he still likes to hit the bars and night clubs. A lot of people his age go to bed early. You actually have to give him credit. And BTW I don't think he said or did anything all that wrong or offensive.

gotta agree with you, jj didnt say anything that was earth shaking. so what he was faded actually hanging out with normal everyday people giving his opinion about individuals in relation to HIS organization, while faded.

godell might be giving him a call just to have a chat though
[ Edited by Allx9er on Apr 14, 2010 at 2:51 AM ]
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by susweel:
Haha, thats funny.

I have always had great respect for Jerry Jones, truly one of the better owners in the NFL.

Always thought the same he loves his team and loves to win.
A video of what appears to be Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones disparaging former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells and Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow surfaced Tuesday.

The dimly lit video, which shows what appears to be Jones in a social setting, includes references to Parcells being hired to help Jones gain momentum to build the new Cowboys Stadium and that Jones wouldn't draft Tebow because "he'd never get on the field."

It first appeared on the Web site Deadspin.com.

The Cowboys declined to comment on the video when asked Tuesday night by ESPNDallas.com. The video does not include a date stamp, so it is unknown when it was taken.

"Bill's not worth a [expletive]," the video shows Jones saying. After some back and forth with an unidentified man off-camera, the video continues with Jones saying, " . . . to get this [expletive] stadium, I need to bring his [butt] in."

Jones hired Bill Parcells in 2003 following three straight 5-11 seasons. The Cowboys made the playoffs in Parcells' first season with the team and again in 2006, when the team lost in the last minute of a playoff game at Seattle.

Parcells resigned after the season. He now is the executive vice president of football operations for the Miami Dolphins.

As for Tebow, a man off-camera asks Jones if he'd take Tebow in the third round of next week's draft.

"Why?" Jones said. "He'd never get on the field. I can't get him out there."

It also has Jones saying that Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo "was a miracle."

Link to story

lol
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't see anything wrong with it. Who on the WZ hasn't been a little drunk one night and said some sh**? Most of the time there isn't cameras around. Hardly a scandal IMO. It looks like he just likes to have a good time. And good for him. At his age that's actually pretty impressive that he still likes to hit the bars and night clubs. A lot of people his age go to bed early. You actually have to give him credit. And BTW I don't think he said or did anything all that wrong or offensive.

gotta agree with you, jj didnt say anything that was earth shaking. so what he was faded actually hanging out with normal everyday people giving his opinion about individuals in relation to HIS organization, while faded.

godell might be giving him a call just to have a chat though

F**k Goodell
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by susweel:
Haha, thats funny.

I have always had great respect for Jerry Jones, truly one of the better owners in the NFL.

Always thought the same he loves his team and loves to win.

Exactly
f**k Jerry Jones
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Parcell's wasn't worth ish? Yeah without him no Romo and you wouldn't be f'ing relevant right now in terms of being a winning football team Jerry come on now. Bill set this current string of Cowboy success up. Ugh still makes me sick a good a football guy as Parcells was a Cowboy, f'ing ugh.

Romo sucks. Id seriously take Alex Smith over Tony Romo
so he is human. amazing.
This is pretty funny stuff, but it's not like he said anything horrible. He and Parcells obviously weren't a great match, and everyone knew it...I'm sure a drunk Parcells would have been much more interesting.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
WOW

This guy is a tool the only thing I can think of that would be more embarrassing is if someone on the management side of our team had a drinking problem and had to quit/resign......oh wait

That's fuuny....all the guys Parcell's brought in seem to be carrying the team right now.

Romo, Miles Austin, DeMarcus Ware, Ratliff etc.
Oh Jerry... such a great guy!
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Oh Jerry... such a great guy!

He's definitely a clASS act.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home