LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Brandon Marshall Signs Tender! Setting up a Trade?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Marshall signed his 1yr tender with the Broncos.

Many believe it is to set up a trade that will happen between now and the Draft.
Whomever takes a chance on Marshall and makes that trade will get a heck of a player. Too bad we're actually pretty well off at WR (compared to recent years) or I'd believe the Niners might show interest in him, too. Just please stay out of the NFC West and I'll be happy.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Whomever takes a chance on Marshall and makes that trade will get a heck of a player. Too bad we're actually pretty well off at WR (compared to recent years) or I'd believe the Niners might show interest in him, too. Just please stay out of the NFC West and I'll be happy.

Their is always a need to upgrade, regardless of the position. Especially, if their is a freakish athlete with unbelievable abilities, for a cheap price. We can ship our 49th pick in the draft for Brandon Marshall.

Or even Trade Brandon Jones and a 3rd Rounder to them.

This is a dream though, a sad dream.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Their is always a need to upgrade, regardless of the position. Especially, if their is a freakish athlete with unbelievable abilities, for a cheap price. We can ship our 49th pick in the draft for Brandon Marshall.

problem is it isnt a cheap price, i mean ya u could give up the pick but to make the trade work u have to give him a long term extension at elite wr money
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I would be happy trading one of our firsts for him. Use the other first on Charles Brown and the 49ers would be able to throw the ball all day long.

seattle looks to be the most interested.
he is going to seattle people need to realize we will be facing him twice a year for a while. seattle is giving up their 60th pick maybe even less now with that holmes trade, ya it sucks but i accepted it a few weeks ago
Originally posted by crabman82:

problem is it isnt a cheap price, i mean ya u could give up the pick but to make the trade work u have to give him a long term extension at elite wr money

6yr 64 Million for Brandon Marshall! heck id do it!
he is going to seattle people need to realize we will be facing him twice a year for a while. seattle is giving up their 60th pick maybe even less now with that holmes trade, ya it sucks but i accepted it a few weeks ago

They're only giving up the 60th pick? WTF? That's ridiculous, Carrol is a heck of a coach and gm if that's true but that's bulls**t. That's not fair. f**k the Seahawks.

ya i get its an easy deal to do but what about when crabtree, davis and so on all want deals that make them the highest paid?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

They're only giving up the 60th pick? WTF? That's ridiculous, Carrol is a heck of a coach and gm if that's true but that's bulls**t. That's not fair. f**k the Seahawks.

ya i live in the northwest and john clayton is on the radio every weekday at like 4pm and for the last few weeks or even a month he has said marshall probably lands in seattle and that the seahawks are just taking their time to make the deal, he expects the deal to happen on the second day of draft

ya i get its an easy deal to do but what about when crabtree, davis and so on all want deals that make them the highest paid?

Well Crabtree has 5 more years on his Contract! So we wont have to worry about that anytime soon. Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis are the two most deserving! And why not pay them the highest in their respective positions, because they are the best. Marshall very well is the best at WR too!

But, I see your point from an economic standpoint. Its up to York to spend that mulaaa

Well Crabtree has 5 more years on his Contract! So we wont have to worry about that anytime soon. Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis are the two most deserving! And why not pay them the highest in their respective positions, because they are the best. Marshall very well is the best at WR too!

But, I see your point from an economic standpoint. Its up to York to spend that mulaaa

ya the yorks are cheap and if u think crabtree is gonna play out his whole contract without holding out for an extension or demanding a trade especially if they give another wr a big deal a la marshall
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Wonder what we'd have to give up for him.
miami getting involved?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/16822/late-night-marshall-rumblings
Share 49ersWebzone