LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Tedd Ginn news

Shop 49ers game tickets
do it!
He would certainly bring speed to that 3rd wideout position. We would have two big guys in Crabtree and Morgan with Ginn to stretch the field. Obviously, his return abilities would be the main reason to go after him though. If the Niners were interested in Cribbs, I dont know how they wouldnt be interested in Ginn.
He's a proven commodity on special teams so IMO whatever he contributes at WR would be a bonus. We're not likely going to improve our return game that much with a 5th round pick, although if we're targeting someone earlier for this role I'd say leave Ginn alone.
This move needs to happen. I'd be willing to give up a 5th, so long as we can re-structure his contract. His speed is something that this team is clearly lacking.
They gotta make this happen. It just makes perfect sense. I don't care that he can't catch just get him on special teams and work on his hands.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
This move needs to happen. I'd be willing to give up a 5th, so long as we can re-structure his contract. His speed is something that this team is clearly lacking.

He is exactly what the 9ers need on special teams. Anything he does as a WR is a bonus. The 9ers could then re-shape there draft board. No need for a mid round WR or an early round change of pace back with return capabilities.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by Byisgod:

He is exactly what the 9ers need on special teams. Anything he does as a WR is a bonus. The 9ers could then re-shape there draft board. No need for a mid round WR or an early round change of pace back with return capabilities.

Haden/Davis/Ducasse sounds pretty awesome if KR/PR isn't an issue.
Im pretty sure they take a late round draft pick for him..Hes a great returner, with great speed...In my opinion worth a late pick.
because he can't catch a cold. Ginn sucks donkey ball$.....I'd rather take my chances drafting a KR/PR in the 4th or 5th than take this slippery handed scrub. I can see it now.......Niner's up by a FG, 3 mins left, set to field the punt and run out the clock to get to the 2nd round of the playoffs.........Ginn back to return the punt.....and OHHH he muffs it! The packers fall on it on the 15 yard line!!
No thanks!

Ginn = brick hands

He'd be, at best, #3 on our depth chart.
Originally posted by Outlaw209:
Im pretty sure they take a late round draft pick for him..Hes a great returner, with great speed...In my opinion worth a late pick.

I would say a 2nd round pick, or maybe a 3rd should do it.

Yep, they give us a 3rd and we take him off their hands. Can't say fairer than that.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Hellz yea. Just stick him on kick returns.

With McNabb worth a 2nd rounder and Marshall two 2nd rounders, I think Ginn's value is probably a 6th, since he's not a starter and will just primarily be a returner.
I would take him off the Dolphins hands, but only for a late round pick. If Santonio Holmes can be shipped off the Jets for a 5th round pick, I think a similar or later pick for Ginn would be fair compensation.
Share 49ersWebzone