Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I'm glad Bradshaw is speaking out against big Ben.....I used to like Ben because of his toughness and ability to extend plays but this dude is a punk b***h. If a chick isn't willing to give it up and your a famous,rich,super bowl QB!!!!! You ain't got no GAME!

Look at what they did to santonio holmes......i'm sorry to play the race card but if Ben was black or Mexican he would have been suspended the first time this happened.

I lost all respect for this dude.....I would rather cheer for jamarcus Russell.

1) He's never been arrested for anything.
2) He's never been charged with anything.
3) He's never been convicted of anything.

But I guess those are facts you just brush under the rug.

No I don't think he should be in trouble with the law I'm just disgusted with the way some people get away with s**t just because if who they are. Even if he didn't rape the girl he obviously roughed her up.

I know holmes is also an idiot cuz he actually did drugs and acted like a fool.

He didn't obviously do anything. She may have totally made the story up to cash in big time $$$$$$$$$. People know he is rich and famous. He is a target.

You don't pay people out just for accusing you.....this is the second time. I know you can't always assume he's guilty but you can't always assume the girl is a liar.

Being accused drags your life through the mud. Some people will pay to make that go away true or untrue. It doesn't matter if it's the tenth time. He's never been arrested, never been charged and never been convicted.

There isn't a human on earth who didn't know Ben had been "accused" one prior time. Maybe she knew and said this is my shot to get rich. If she can accuse him and apply enough prosecutorial pressure and law enforcement pressure it makes his life a living hell. Thus a potential payout. Pro athletes are targets big time for gold diggers.

Your right athletes are targets and I'm not saying it's not a possibility that she's lying but Ben is not totally innocent here and he is setting a very bad example for everyone and making his team look bad. I would hate to have my son looking up to someone like him. Right or wrong he put himself in this position.

He strikes me as a drunk, a party guy and a guy with an extremely low IQ. If he doesn't know by now that he is a target I don't know what to say. He is also very reckless. Just look at the motorcycle accident that almost ended his career. His life decisions are absolutely terrible. He acts like a child.

But I don't honestly believe him to be guilty of rape. Poor choices and placing himself in vulnerable positions - YES.

I'm glad we never had to deal with this kind of stuff with Joe montana and Steve young, they were both truly great players.
  • titan
  • Veteran
It's obvious they let him off the hook! the DA sounded like Rothlisbergers best friend. I guess a Rapist must actually succeed in a crime before even going to trial. Roughing her up while she was intoxicated doesn't count anymore. I hate to say it, but someone got another celebrity athlete pass! In Rothlisberegers case if he is a SICKO it will happen again! hopefully the victims family can come after everyone that help this sexual predator off.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
It's obvious they let him off the hook! the DA sounded like Rothlisbergers best friend. I guess a Rapist must actually succeed in a crime before even going to trial. Roughing her up while she was intoxicated doesn't count anymore. I hate to say it, but someone got another celebrity athlete pass! In Rothlisberegers case if he is a SICKO it will happen again! hopefully the victims family can come after everyone that help this sexual predator off.

Did you happen to check all the facts? She wrote a letter to the DA asking to not press charges. Why, if you really were raped, would you do that? You would want to see that guy burn. Maybe, just maybe, she's smart enough to see that the last girl who tried this went straight for the money and not the cops. Doing it this way at least attempts to show she isn't a golddigger and convicts him in the court of public opinion, basically forcing him to hand over a settlement.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Is Bradshaw a sex addict too?

rape em if you got em
I'm glad Bradshaw is speaking out against big Ben.....I used to like Ben because of his toughness and ability to extend plays but this dude is a punk b***h. If a chick isn't willing to give it up and your a famous,rich,super bowl QB!!!!! You ain't got no GAME!

Look at what they did to santonio holmes......i'm sorry to play the race card but if Ben was black or Mexican he would have been suspended the first time this happened.

I lost all respect for this dude.....I would rather cheer for jamarcus Russell.

1) He's never been arrested for anything.
2) He's never been charged with anything.
3) He's never been convicted of anything.

But I guess those are facts you just brush under the rug.

No I don't think he should be in trouble with the law I'm just disgusted with the way some people get away with s**t just because if who they are. Even if he didn't rape the girl he obviously roughed her up.

I know holmes is also an idiot cuz he actually did drugs and acted like a fool.

1. He didn't obviously rough her up. She had sex with him in a bathroom, of course that is going to be some rough dirty sex. Lol she is pissed cause he obviously screwed her in the bathroom and then prolly dissed her afterwards. Then she cries rape.
2. Santonio was busted for weed. You could call that idiotic if you want but you'd be q part of the square community.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
They're both overrated and rode their defenses to championships.

That's historically what the Steelers have been. That's Steeler football. You can't fault them for that!

I'm not faulting the Steelers for their style of football, I'm faulting the fans, writers and broadcasters for overrating their QBs just because they've won Super Bowls. Big Ben is a pretty good QB, but he isn't top 5 like many say he is and his 2 championships shouldn't give him a key to the Hall Of Fame (even though they will) because the defenses were the primary reasons for those championships.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Apr 13, 2010 at 5:11 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
They're both overrated and rode their defenses to championships.

That's historically what the Steelers have been. That's Steeler football. You can't fault them for that!

I'm not faulting the Steelers for their style of football, I'm faulting the fans, writers and broadcasters for overrating their QBs just because they've won Super Bowls. Big Ben is a pretty good QB, but he isn't top 5 like many say he is and his 2 championships shouldn't give him a key to the Hall Of Fame (even though they will) because the defenses were the primary reasons for those championships.

agreed
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:

Did you happen to check all the facts? She wrote a letter to the DA asking to not press charges. Why, if you really were raped, would you do that? You would want to see that guy burn. Maybe, just maybe, she's smart enough to see that the last girl who tried this went straight for the money and not the cops. Doing it this way at least attempts to show she isn't a golddigger and convicts him in the court of public opinion, basically forcing him to hand over a settlement.

Not all rape victims press charges! sometimes they have to be convinced.

Not all people who claim rape were raped.
  • titan
  • Veteran

BIG BEN is 2-0!

BIG BEN is 2-0!

Or Gold Diggers are 0 - 2. It depends what you are looking at.

BIG BEN is 2-0!

Or Gold Diggers are 0 - 2. It depends what you are looking at.

Gotta agree with SanDiegoNiner on this one. Innocent until proven guilty, although I think we all like to assume he's guilty because he seems to be a real douchebag in life. If anything he can definitely be blamed for putting himself in a situation to be accused like he did, but without all the facts I'll reserve judgment on his guilt or innocence.
''TAKE YOUR FU*KING!''
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
at Bradshaw making fun of himself and roethlisberger

I love it. Especially him pretty much calling Ben ugly in the second quote.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
sounds like ben is two-faced: acts one way professionally, and another socially. which wouldnt be as bad if the difference wasnt so large.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but there was an article in ESPN the Mag about 3-5 years ago that made the same suggestion. I knew Ben and Terry were not close, but I didn't think it was anything this heated.
Share 49ersWebzone