There are 184 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seahawk's Leroy Hill arrested...again

1 game suspension, 1 game fine for Seahoawks' LB LeRoy Hill

Quote:
Posted by Mike Florio on July 16, 2010 9:28 PM ET

As expected, the NFL has suspended Seahawks linebacker Leroy Hill one game for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Per the Associated Press, the league also has fined Hill a game check, over and above the suspension.

He'll miss the season opener against the 49ers.

Hill was arrested in January 2009 for marijuana possession. He pleaded guilty earlier this year, receiving 12 months of probation and setting the stage for a league-imposed sanction.

Based on his $6 million guaranteed base salary for 2010, Hill will lose more than $700,000.

At one point in the offseason, it appeared that the Seahawks were keeping Hill away from offseason workouts in the hopes that a suspension would invalidate the guaranteed salary, permitting him to be cut without consequence. It later was determined that Hill's agent negotiated a specific provision into his contract preventing the guarantee from being voided based on a suspension arising from the substance abuse policy -- a prudent but fairly obvious move, given that Hill was arrested before he signed his current contract.

Hill still has other issues that could result in even more game checks being lost. Arrested for domestic violence less than a month after being placed on probation, Hill was in court on that charge this week, and he's due back next week. Apart from the obvious jeopardy the situation creates for his probation, the situation could result in a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy -- and further punishment from the league.

Previously, the going rate for marijuana possession was a one-game suspension. It's possible that other players also were fined, and that this detail either wasn't noticed or reported.
Thats gonna hurt em.
real character guys up there in Seattle haha
hopefully we open up in seattle with a 30+ pts gore always makes the hawks d his b***ch and now without 1 of their lbs its gonna be another beat down
Nice, getting a road win to start the season would be huge. This helps
I'm not too concerned about it really. Last year Hill and Tatupu both got injured and we got a health dose if Will Herring and David Hawthorne. They both did really well. I think that talent wise LB is probably our strongest position. We may not have that huge superstar at the position like you guys do in Willis, but we do have some very solid and smart linebackers. Curry is the only one that really makes me scratch my head. All the physical attributes of a stud LB but the experience and knowledge have not caught up with the talent yet.
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
I'm not too concerned about it really. Last year Hill and Tatupu both got injured and we got a health dose if Will Herring and David Hawthorne. They both did really well. I think that talent wise LB is probably our strongest position. We may not have that huge superstar at the position like you guys do in Willis, but we do have some very solid and smart linebackers. Curry is the only one that really makes me scratch my head. All the physical attributes of a stud LB but the experience and knowledge have not caught up with the talent yet.

How has he looked in OTAs so far?

-9fA
Reports have been good. But they were last year as well. They are looking to play to his strengths this year instead of putting him in positions where he struggles. He proved last year that pass coverage was not his strong point. So from everything I have read they are going to keep him from doing that as much as possible. They want to keep him closer to the line to help with run support and plan on using him to come off the edge as a pass rusher. They have thrown out different terms for what they will call him scheme wise as a pass rusher. Apparently Pete used the term "elephant" to describe what Curry will be doing when he was at USC. This year they are call it the "leo" position.
Was up Hawks fan! Ready for the season opener?
Originally posted by pelos21:

Yeah, I've been ready. The offseason always lasts way too long!

hope your ready to see gore behind your safeties all game. but i guess your used to that.

[img=null]

The last couple years Gore has had their number. No doubt about that. But even with the Hawks at their worst the last two years with a combined record of 9-23 we still split the series. We went 2-2 playing eachother. Neither team could gain an edge record wise against eachother. If either team plans to do anything this season that is something that they are going to have to correct. Take care of the division games first and then win some games outside of the division.
The last couple years Gore has had their number. No doubt about that. But even with the Hawks at their worst the last two years with a combined record of 9-23 we still split the series. We went 2-2 playing eachother. Neither team could gain an edge record wise against eachother. If either team plans to do anything this season that is something that they are going to have to correct. Take care of the division games first and then win some games outside of the division.

This year that changes. Quest Field will be muted on the opening day, and we will blast you off the field when you come to our town.
Any reasons why you think that? Or is that strictly a koolaid post? Maybe read that on a fortune cookie? Just curious about the specifics. I have to get refamiliarized with the 49ers. I only loosely followed them in the offseason. I know you brought in Ginn and drafted two lineman in the first round.