LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Official: McNabb traded to Redskins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ads_2006:
its for the 37th overall draft pick

They may package that pick and move up and select berry (thats my opinion)

why would they do that when they're sitting with the 4th overall pick with the rams needing a qb, the lions and bucs needing DT. it's safe to say they can get EB without making any trades.

he will be a good insurance qb on fantasy football
McNabb still hasnt worked out an extension..

He could leave after one year (Franchise tag could be used) and sign where-ever

Wouldnt if be interesting if the redskins still draft a qb and only use McNabb as a mentor (not gonna happen, but still)
  • Chief
  • Veteran
That shakes up the draft.
What a risky move by the Eagles
  • krizay
  • Veteran

From what i'm hearing they really like Earl Thomas. I see them trading up to get him. I have us trading our #13 to them for their #24, #55 and #121.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

why would they do that when they're sitting with the 4th overall pick with the rams needing a qb, the lions and bucs needing DT. it's safe to say they can get EB without making any trades.

He's saying the Eagles. There's no way the skins take berry, they need a LT for McNabb to have any chance to even survive.
What a dumba$$ move by the Eagles. A passing team that has virtually no running game trades their QB? They are gonna regret this!

Not to mention, They traded him to a division rival!
Originally posted by krizay:

From what i'm hearing they really like Earl Thomas. I see them trading up to get him. I have us trading our #13 to them for their #24, #55 and #121.

That would suck, I hope we get Thomas.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

He's saying the Eagles. There's no way the skins take berry, they need a LT for McNabb to have any chance to even survive.

oh..my bad Ads...thx for the breakdown WTW

he means the eagles not the redskins
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Jason Campbell drafted the same year as Alex Smith, has had more offensive systems than Smith but has been MUCH more productive in his career...yet the Skins are ready to move on.

The difference in philosophies between our timid management and that of others is out there in plain sight with this move...

Lets see how it treats the Skins. Not sure it's a great move for them, but interesting nonetheless. I at least admire that they have the balls to do it.

More systems than Alex?

2005: WCO
2006: Air Turner
2007: Hostler (No discernible system, seemed to change weekly)
2008: Martz
2009: Sleepy Raye, Raye-Gun

If you count the switch in philosophy last seasons he's had 6 in 5 years. I'm not arguing anything else you said but Alex has definitely had more systems. Campbell has had Zorn has his head coach for the last couple years so that's continuity right there.
Originally posted by krizay:

Eagles could definitely make that trade, they have 11 picks in the draft now
Originally posted by TheChozen:
What a dumba$$ move by the Eagles. A passing team that has virtually no running game trades their QB? They are gonna regret this!

Not to mention, They traded him to a division rival!

exactly
It's a great move for the 'Skins. They get to rent a Pro Bowl QB for a season with the option to resign him or let him walk depending on how well he plays. Maybe they don't keep Jason Campbell or they keep him around for insurance. We know Little Danny Snyder will cough up the $$$ to sign McNabb.

But trading McNabb to a division rival? Wow. Ballsy move. They must really think he's toast. Then again, a $6 million roster bonus they owed McNabb in May is a powerful motivator to cut him loose.

Bill Walsh always said it was better to trade a player a year too early than a year too late. We'll see if this comes back to bite Reid and Lurie in the butt.

Meanwhile, in the San Francisco 49ers front office...
Share 49ersWebzone