Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Browns trade for Sheldon Brown

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
So take Haden off the list for them. It has to be Berry, Bryant, Clausen, JPP, Dan Williams or Spiller now. Unless they pull a Scott Pioli and reach for Jared Odrick.

Fixeded that for you.

JPP is not worth the #7 overall pick and they run a 3-4, he's better suited for a 4-3.

While some may view him at 7 as a reach, his skill set definitely translates to the 3-4 IMO as a rush LB'er.

They got that guy from Miami last year in a trade who played very well. I have my money on Dez.

Matt Roth. He was claimed off waivers, but while he did post 4 sacks in 6 games for the Browns he also struggled quite a bit in Miami. He isn't going to be counted on as a longterm solution ATM. Gocong will likely be tried opposite him in a pass rush role but now that Wimbley and Hall have been traded I would look for the Browns to add pass rush help at some point.

Bryant has more questions surrounding him than Crabtree did and it's doubtful Mangini will be lobbying for that pick. It's possibly with all the picks they have (1st, 2nd, three 3rd's, three 5th's, two 6th's) they are also planning on making a move up for Eric Berry or Jimmy Clausen.
So take Haden off the list for them. It has to be Berry, Bryant, Clausen, JPP, Dan Williams or Spiller now. Unless they pull a Scott Pioli and reach for Jared Odrick.

Fixeded that for you.

JPP is not worth the #7 overall pick and they run a 3-4, he's better suited for a 4-3.

While some may view him at 7 as a reach, his skill set definitely translates to the 3-4 IMO as a rush LB'er.

They got that guy from Miami last year in a trade who played very well. I have my money on Dez.

Matt Roth. He was claimed off waivers, but while he did post 4 sacks in 6 games for the Browns he also struggled quite a bit in Miami. He isn't going to be counted on as a longterm solution ATM. Gocong will likely be tried opposite him in a pass rush role but now that Wimbley and Hall have been traded I would look for the Browns to add pass rush help at some point.

Bryant has more questions surrounding him than Crabtree did and it's doubtful Mangini will be lobbying for that pick. It's possibly with all the picks they have (1st, 2nd, three 3rd's, three 5th's, two 6th's) they are also planning on making a move up for Eric Berry or Jimmy Clausen.

Berry would fall to them before they make a move. Dez has gotten some s**t from the media....big deal. He's still a great talent and just like Crabs once he gets on the field people will forget all the bulls**t. I do see the Browns going after Jerry Hughes in the top of the 2nd.

Fixeded that for you.

Berry would fall to them before they make a move. Dez has gotten some s**t from the media....big deal. He's still a great talent and just like Crabs once he gets on the field people will forget all the bulls**t. I do see the Browns going after Jerry Hughes in the top of the 2nd.

At the end of the day if there is truth to him missing team meetings and skipping classes then that will raise some real concerns, especially for a team to pay him top 10 money. On the field he is a top 5 talent, off the field there are a lot of questions we won't likely get the real answers to but teams will do their homework on which could hurt his pockets immensely on draft day.

If both DT's and QB's go in the top 4 then I could see them swapping with KC to grab Berry in front of Seattle and KC would still walk away with Bulaga. If Washington takes Okung they could lose Berry to Seattle right ahead of them if Berry is the guy they really want in which case they may not be able to swap with KC.
Go Cal Poly Mustangs!

Fixeded that for you.

At the end of the day if there is truth to him missing team meetings and skipping classes then that will raise some real concerns, especially for a team to pay him top 10 money. On the field he is a top 5 talent, off the field there are a lot of questions we won't likely get the real answers to but teams will do their homework on which could hurt his pockets immensely on draft day.

If both DT's and QB's go in the top 4 then I could see them swapping with KC to grab Berry in front of Seattle and KC would still walk away with Bulaga. If Washington takes Okung they could lose Berry to Seattle right ahead of them if Berry is the guy they really want in which case they may not be able to swap with KC.

You could be right on the trades. I think Sea goes after Bulaga first then possibly Haden or E Thomas with their 2nd 1st rounder.
This is beyond stupid... Hahahaha!

What a fycking dips**t!

Bye bye career.
There have been more trades in the last year then I can ever remember in pro football.
Haden won't be in Cleveland this year
Eagles dont usually make trades that do not benefit them but I don't understand this.
Holmgren is doing it right. He'll rebuild the Browns quick
So take Haden off the list for them. It has to be Berry, Bryant, Clausen, or Spiller now.

They wont take Spiller
This has McNabb written all over it.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
This has McNabb written all over it.

McNabb for awesomeuah
I think Browns could still take Haden, smaller chance though.
Good move.