LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Randy Moss Vs Jerry Rice-Let's be real.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

LOL! Am i the only one that thought this was funny?!!

hell nah i was crackin up at that for a good minute lmao
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
This might actually be the worst thread of 2010.

Maybe ever?

Let the debate begin.

First undebatable fact in this thread !

the only thing to debate I guess is whether this is just the worst thread of the year or of all-time.

I'm going to go with Worst Thread of All Time, and here's why:

1) Takes a position AGAINST a 49ers Legend.
2) Uses hypotheticals and projections to make a case against said 49ers Legend, rather than solid facts or logic.
3) Is waaaayyy too long.
4) The Original Poster countered every opposing viewpoint with "You obviously didn't read the post", which shows a lack of enough self-awareness to realize that the post wasn't worth reading.
5) Did I mention how long it was?

I'm going with worst of all time. Even noob and troll threads are more enjoyable.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Maybe ever?

Let the debate begin.

the only thing to debate I guess is whether this is just the worst thread of the year or of all-time.

2) Uses hypotheticals and projections to make a case against said 49ers Legend, rather than solid facts or logic.
3) Is waaaayyy too long.
4) The Original Poster countered every opposing viewpoint with "You obviously didn't read the post", which shows a lack of enough self-awareness to realize that the post wasn't worth reading.

I'm going with worst of all time. Even noob and troll threads are more enjoyable.

yeah, there's not even a chance for hilarity here. just sadness.
all of his stuff and he forgets about how fast players fall when they hit the age wall.

he referenced darrel green. that guy was fundamentally sound and his speed was an added asset. if moss's speed drops to a 4.4, now you can put a corner on him and not worry about being torched deep if there is no help. also he is going to lose his vertical jump as well, then you just have malcolm floyd.

Maybe ever?

Let the debate begin.

3) Is waaaayyy too long.

I loved the last line. "I hope you all learned something." aaaaaaaaaaarrgghh!!!!

I learned the value of paragraphs. The importance of being concise. And I learned what a good poster Ether is. So my time wasn't entirely wasted!
Originally posted by English:

Maybe ever?

Let the debate begin.

3) Is waaaayyy too long.

I loved the last line. "I hope you all learned something." aaaaaaaaaaarrgghh!!!!

I learned the value of paragraphs. The importance of being concise. And I learned what a good poster Ether is. So my time wasn't entirely wasted!

No Kidding

Maybe ever?

Let the debate begin.

3) Is waaaayyy too long.

At least something good came out of this.

Maybe ever?

Let the debate begin.

3) Is waaaayyy too long.

No Kidding

love that episode
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Maybe ever?

Let the debate begin.

3) Is waaaayyy too long.

No Kidding

love that episode

TTHAANNNNNNKKKSSSS
You guys are jokes. I am the hugest Rice fan still. & went to 4 Niner games last year at the stick!
Get some balls and read it all.
One of you said Moss is a lazy whatever. How can you be lazy and get 148 td's, only 6 shy than the great Rice after 12 seasons? it's impossible.

I feel sad for the average football fan, that just repeats what Sportscenter says.
As a WR-coach, who watches game film, Moss is just better. the fact that most of you down-play what Moss is doing and has done in the NFL, proves that he is threatening your view of Rice's status.
I wrote that college stuff to show you it's nothing new. Moss was better than Rice in college too.

Take some time & read the facts. Not listening or reading it all proves i'm right. You dont' even want to hear it. LIke my dad.He's teh same way.die hard glory day niner fan. Over the years of me making my dad watch Moss. He hates to say it, but he does now, "Moss is the most dangerous and uncoverable player ever." took like 6 years to convince him. It's not gonna take a few posts on this loser land forum.
As a fan, Moss is the closest thing to Rice we've ever seen. I don't get why you wouldn't want to watch him. People love watching Lebron james & Kobe, because they are similiar to Jordan. I dont' get it.

To me, Rice is like Dr. J. And Moss is Jordan. Dr. J started the high flying acrobatic dunks with artistry. Jordan, added speed and explosion and more hops to the game. That's what Moss has done to Rice. Moss is a bigger, faster Rice. And if you don't think so, your stuck in our dynasty years.
I didnt' even begin to talk about the team Rice played on vs Moss, don't get me started there. or the 9 diffrerent QB'S Moss has caught a TD pass from. Again, take awat s**tty oakland, Moss would have been ahead of Rice' numbers 5 years ago. but, he is STILL catching and passing some.

as far as being the worst post ever, i highly disagree, it was informative to all you close minded people. I still aven't heard an argument why Moss isn't as good or better.

go back & read ether's comments. they really are lame, comparing peeps to the great Randy Moss? i mean ether, you tried, but really, your claims against every caption you did was really ridiculous man. i'll debate you anytime on this, you don't know enough.

Stats aren't everything, your right, whoever said that. But if Moss doesn't break Rice's stats, you will bring up stats Rice has over Moss. So, he'll never win. I think it's sad really. how brainwashed you all are. there are receivers in the league other than MOss that are as good as Rice.

I just showed the track stuff to show you what kind of athlete he really is. that idiot brought up heyward-bey.ROFL. hahahha, what a tool you are! get any more cliche?

Bring up willie gault and ismail, and hays all you want. they are no randy moss.

You all are starting to look like tools living in the past cause we suck now. (actually this year we have big shot at playoffs)

& one or two of you even said, "Moss had the chance to be the greatest ever." hahaha, THAT IS A JOKE! why isn't he?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Maybe ever?

Let the debate begin.

3) Is waaaayyy too long.

I'm right & your all proving it. What can Rice do better than Moss? let me guess: class act, superbowl rings, team player. Those are so cliche, they have no substance. Tell me why, make an argument why, "in between the lines", on the field, Rice was better. It almost can't be done.
Originally posted by 49ertrue1:
go back & read ether's comments. they really are lame, comparing peeps to the great Randy Moss? i mean ether, you tried, but really, your claims against every caption you did was really ridiculous man. i'll debate you anytime on this, you don't know enough.

Stats aren't everything, your right, whoever said that. But if Moss doesn't break Rice's stats, you will bring up stats Rice has over Moss. So, he'll never win. I think it's sad really. how brainwashed you all are. there are receivers in the league other than MOss that are as good as Rice.

I just showed the track stuff to show you what kind of athlete he really is. that idiot brought up heyward-bey.ROFL. hahahha, what a tool you are! get any more cliche?

Bring up willie gault and ismail, and hays all you want. they are no randy moss.

You all are starting to look like tools living in the past cause we suck now. (actually this year we have big shot at playoffs)

& one or two of you even said, "Moss had the chance to be the greatest ever." hahaha, THAT IS A JOKE! why isn't he?

because Rice is
So what has Randy Moss done besides a couple of numbers-moves? Yeah, exactly, nothing. He's a dips**t player that gives up/talks trash towards his team when they start sucking, and has been practically INVISIBLE within mostly all of his playoff appearances.
Share 49ersWebzone