There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Randy Moss Vs Jerry Rice-Let's be real.

LIke, dude. My own coaching staff is divided on who is better. & it's the coaches that really never watched much of Moss really, that pick Rice. The player Moss has been the last few years, were very "Rice" like as far as attitude goes. But most peeps on here, bring up 5 years ago in OAK. I think Moss has been awesome last few years.

Moss doesn't even celebrate on TD's either, never really has much. Much like Rice. But people tend to dump him in the T.O. category. Moss is NO T.O. Dont' get me started on T.O. now hahaha
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by 49ertrue1:
LIke, dude. My own coaching staff is divided on who is better. & it's the coaches that really never watched much of Moss really, that pick Rice. The player Moss has been the last few years, were very "Rice" like as far as attitude goes. But most peeps on here, bring up 5 years ago in OAK. I think Moss has been awesome last few years.

Moss doesn't even celebrate on TD's either, never really has much
. Much like Rice. But people tend to dump him in the T.O. category. Moss is NO T.O. Dont' get me started on T.O. now hahaha

Oh he doesn't??

your entitled to your opinion, but what does pro bowls have to do with being feared by DB's again? haha

Moss 1v1 is even more uncoverable than Rice was. & really, covering them both,was an honest joke 1v1.

Maybe being able to run past anyone, on any team, anytime in 1v1 on a go route, pretty much sums up why he's the most feared player ever. Hence, the most coverage for a single player at the WR position we've seen, period.

You know, the term "Mossed" is the same as being burned among players all over the country. Not Riced.
cliche, you are a moderator right?
read the post...

not looking for cliche moss things.

Yes, Moss doesn't really celebrate. & if you knew the back store, it was to the fans, who moon him in the parking lot after games, cause he owned PACKERS
rice celebrated too, but who care about that crap. not what the article was about
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,483
Originally posted by 49ertrue1:
everyone knows moss is the most feared player on offense...they design entire defenses to stop him, since the first day he stepped in NFL. The threat of a TD, on one pass, yes, Moss created the most fear ever to the defensive backfield.

Just 3 years ago, many people argued that TO was the most feared Wr in the game at the time...because he could beat you deep or could take a short pass and go the distance. He could break tackles or outrun the defense. I have seen Moss run out of bounds at the hint of contact several times. If TO wasn't such a team cancer - one could argue he was a better overall player than Moss.

...and I don't think Revis is much scared of Moss. He will SHUT DOWN Moss again in 2010. Moss in two games against Revis - 58 yards 1 TD.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 26, 2010 at 02:39:56 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by 49ertrue1:
your entitled to your opinion, but what does pro bowls have to do with being feared by DB's again? haha

Moss 1v1 is even more uncoverable than Rice was. & really, covering them both,was an honest joke 1v1.

Maybe being able to run past anyone, on any team, anytime in 1v1 on a go route, pretty much sums up why he's the most feared player ever. Hence, the most coverage for a single player at the WR position we've seen, period.

You know, the term "Mossed" is the same as being burned among players all over the country. Not Riced.

I used the Pro Bowl to gauge not just the fans opinions, but players and coaches as well. I mean, if your voted to the Pro Bowl that must mean your not only good at what you do, but you've put fear into defenses.

Like I said, that was just my opinion on how I would gauge your statement, you made bold that it was a FACT?? Now where's your facts???
oh ya, T.O. is one of best ever. But lets not bring T.O. into this. He is no Moss. T.O. is best physical reciever ever.
& your talking about a younger in his prime reves against a 33 year old WR now. don't forget. & if you actually read the article i wrote, u would see that I put in there Moss beat Reves last year for a TD. They play Jets twice. & the media over hypes reves, he wasn't singled on Moss ENTIRE game. Moss was doubled part of the game. WE'll see if reves is a "shut down" corner next year, he is very very good though. very good.

reves is prolly scared of Moss if he had ZERO help from a safety. But would reves be scared of a younger Moss, YOUR DAMN RIGHT! haha...Reves better work on his game this off-season, cause his game tape is out there now. To be labeled a "shut down" corner, you have to have more than a few good games, to me. More like multiple seasons.
heres some pro bowl talk, MOSS HAS PRO BOWL RECORD, 212 YARDS, ahaahha
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by 49ertrue1:
heres some pro bowl talk, MOSS HAS PRO BOWL RECORD, 212 YARDS, ahaahha

Good for Moss. But your acting like I don't think Moss is any good. I know Moss is a great receiver, I just wanna see your facts that he was more feared in his prime than Jerry Rice was.

If your using this thread just to get people riled up, it will be locked.
Not at all, I am a Rice fan. Read the ENTIRE post.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Still waiting on that FACT??
then read up, think i relied rather fast to that.
now, don't get me wrong,Rice was feared, but dude, speed=fear in football.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by 49ertrue1:
then read up, think i relied rather fast to that.

Read what?? your article, I have, those aren't facts on who was more feared.