There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Originally posted by fandemonium:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
I'd give up a 2nd for McNabb.

Great. You give up one of your seconds so the 49ers don't have to.

http://twitter.com/StullySTL/status/10995260017

McNabb to St. Louis for # 33 imminent ?????
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://twitter.com/StullySTL/status/10995260017

McNabb to St. Louis for # 33 imminent ?????

read your link again
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://twitter.com/StullySTL/status/10995260017

McNabb to St. Louis for # 33 imminent ?????

"Report" out of New York is incorrect--or at least premature.
I would take McNabb for a 2nd Rd pick with no hesitation.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
I'd give up a 2nd for McNabb.

Quote:
ORLANDO -- Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) and free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension.

McNabb has publicly stated that he wants to remain with the Eagles and retire with the only organization he has played for. McNabb released a blog post earlier today after coach Andy Reid said for the first time publicly that the Eagles were entertaining offers for McNabb and their three quarterbacks.

"I was asked to respond to statements made at the NFL owners meetings that the Eagles would entertain offers to trade any of their three QBs," McNabb wrote. "Here is my response: My position hasn't changed. I've said all along that I would like to win a Super Bowl and finish my career in Philadelphia.

"I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin [Kolb], Michael [Vick], the Eagles, and any other teams involved. No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

A trade could happen quickly.

The Eagles had no comment. Owner Jeffrey Lurie, coach Andy Reid and general manager Howie Roseman returned back to Philadelphia today after this week's NFL owners' meetings. Team president Joe Banner is still here.

McNabb, meanwhile, hasn't spoken to Reid in months, according to one source. While Reid said that the Eagles were listening to offers for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb is the most likely to be dealt and be dealt soon. He has spent most of the off-season at his home in Arizona.

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur was previously McNabb's quarterbacks coach with the Eagles. Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo was a defensive coach under Reid.


http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/McNabb_to_the_Rams_on_the_table.html
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
http://twitter.com/StullySTL/status/10995260017

McNabb to St. Louis for # 33 imminent ?????

read your link again


It just seems like something is actually brewing this time.
Quote:
A Rams source tells Profootballtalk.com that there is "zero truth" to rumors of a Donovan McNabb trade to the Rams.
The source says "all focus" at Rams Park is on evaluating draft-eligible quarterbacks. It's worth noting that reports have Philadelphia -- not St. Louis -- making trade proposals. Thus, it's possible that the Eagles are using the media in an attempt to drive up McNabb's price tag. The No. 33 overall pick, especially in a super-rich draft that contains at least 50 players wearing first-round grades, is a highly valuable selection.

I don't know wtf to believe anymore lol
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:


Yesterday? Yesterday, you said you'd call Sears.

I'll call today!

You'll call now.

I'll call now...


I hate that f**king commercial, it creeps its way in every damn Summer!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,947
Just read this on an iPhone mobile app..


NFL News Donovan McNabb QB PHI
Donovan McNabb QB PHI
Wed 3/24/10 @ 5:58 PM Eastern
 
The Rams are reportedly offering the Eagles a second-round draft pick (33d overall) plus safety Oshiomogho Atogwe in exchange for McNabb, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

We'll have to see if this report has legs, but The Inquirer adds that McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension. Stay tuned.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=139505&page=2

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:
ORLANDO -- Donovan McNabb could be in a Rams uniform by the end of the day, possibly by the end of the week.

The Eagles have an offer on the table that would give them St. Louis' second-round draft pick (33d overall) and free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe in exchange for McNabb. That deal, however, is "not yet completed," according to a league source.

McNabb would be willing to go to the Rams if he was given a contract extension, according to a source close to the situation. He would not be willing to play for Buffalo or Oakland, two moribund franchises that might be willing to take McNabb without an extension.

McNabb has publicly stated that he wants to remain with the Eagles and retire with the only organization he has played for. McNabb released a blog post earlier today after coach Andy Reid said for the first time publicly that the Eagles were entertaining offers for McNabb and their three quarterbacks.

"I was asked to respond to statements made at the NFL owners meetings that the Eagles would entertain offers to trade any of their three QBs," McNabb wrote. "Here is my response: My position hasn't changed. I've said all along that I would like to win a Super Bowl and finish my career in Philadelphia.

"I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin [Kolb], Michael [Vick], the Eagles, and any other teams involved. No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

A trade could happen quickly.

The Eagles had no comment. Owner Jeffrey Lurie, coach Andy Reid and general manager Howie Roseman returned back to Philadelphia today after this week's NFL owners' meetings. Team president Joe Banner is still here.

McNabb, meanwhile, hasn't spoken to Reid in months, according to one source. While Reid said that the Eagles were listening to offers for all three of their quarterbacks, McNabb is the most likely to be dealt and be dealt soon. He has spent most of the off-season at his home in Arizona.

Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur was previously McNabb's quarterbacks coach with the Eagles. Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo was a defensive coach under Reid.


http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/McNabb_to_the_Rams_on_the_table.html

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:
A Rams source tells Profootballtalk.com that there is "zero truth" to rumors of a Donovan McNabb trade to the Rams.
The source says "all focus" at Rams Park is on evaluating draft-eligible quarterbacks. It's worth noting that reports have Philadelphia -- not St. Louis -- making trade proposals. Thus, it's possible that the Eagles are using the media in an attempt to drive up McNabb's price tag. The No. 33 overall pick, especially in a super-rich draft that contains at least 50 players wearing first-round grades, is a highly valuable selection.

I don't know wtf to believe anymore lol
Atogwe in Reported McNabb Offer Too - PFT

Quote:
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 24, 2010 6:00 PM ET
The Rams' reported offer for Donovan McNabb includes a rather-nice addition to the team's No. 33 overall pick.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Rams have offered the first pick of the second round and safety O.J. Atogwe, who is currently an unsigned restricted free agent.

McNabb is reportedly open to joining the Rams, but not heading to Buffalo or Oakland.

Then again, the whole thing could be nothing more than posturing.

A Rams source told PFT's Mike Florio that there is "zero truth" to the team's reported interest in McNabb.

So someone is lying. Either McLane's sources are trying to scare up a trade market for McNabb or the Rams source is trying to buy time and keep other teams away.

We'll find out who is telling the truth soon enough.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Atogwe in Reported McNabb Offer Too - PFT

Quote:
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 24, 2010 6:00 PM ET
The Rams' reported offer for Donovan McNabb includes a rather-nice addition to the team's No. 33 overall pick.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Rams have offered the first pick of the second round and safety O.J. Atogwe, who is currently an unsigned restricted free agent.

McNabb is reportedly open to joining the Rams, but not heading to Buffalo or Oakland.

Then again, the whole thing could be nothing more than posturing.

A Rams source told PFT's Mike Florio that there is "zero truth" to the team's reported interest in McNabb.

So someone is lying. Either McLane's sources are trying to scare up a trade market for McNabb or the Rams source is trying to buy time and keep other teams away.

We'll find out who is telling the truth soon enough.

This deal makes a lot of sense. Similar systems and the Birds could use OJ.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Atogwe in Reported McNabb Offer Too - PFT

Quote:
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 24, 2010 6:00 PM ET
The Rams' reported offer for Donovan McNabb includes a rather-nice addition to the team's No. 33 overall pick.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Rams have offered the first pick of the second round and safety O.J. Atogwe, who is currently an unsigned restricted free agent.

McNabb is reportedly open to joining the Rams, but not heading to Buffalo or Oakland.

Then again, the whole thing could be nothing more than posturing.

A Rams source told PFT's Mike Florio that there is "zero truth" to the team's reported interest in McNabb.

So someone is lying. Either McLane's sources are trying to scare up a trade market for McNabb or the Rams source is trying to buy time and keep other teams away.

We'll find out who is telling the truth soon enough.


That'd be badass if he went to the Rams. Their lines are pathetic, we could still sack the crap out of him and beat them. I kind of hope it happens to tell you the truth.