LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • ZRF80
With McNabb, we instantly become Division Winner + have the opportunity to make it deep in the playoffs.

With Smith, we can HOPE to win the division by default (now that Arizona's offense has been depleted) and make a game of the opening Wild Card game, which we'll end up losing anyways (but thats ok........cause making the playoffs is better than not making the playoffs)...

Niner fans are pathetic......we've become so accustomed to mediocrity....
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
I think Vick would more likely be shipped. Not Mcnabb

Me too!
Originally posted by ZRF80:
With McNabb, we instantly become Division Winner + have the opportunity to make it deep in the playoffs.

With Smith, we can HOPE to win the division by default (now that Arizona's offense has been depleted) and make a game of the opening Wild Card game, which we'll end up losing anyways (but thats ok........cause making the playoffs is better than not making the playoffs)...

you need to rethink who's pathetic
I respect McNabb for what he has done with the Eagles. however he has been in the WCO his entire career. We do not run the WCO. McNabb would have to learn an entirely new offense that is totally different from what he has played in his whole career. There is no guarantee his success will translate to this new offense. Look at Favre when he went to the Jets. It was totally different from the WCO and he was not successful. He got put back in the WCO with the Vikings and they are one game away from the Superbowl. I personally dont think McNabb would be successful but the question becomes, who would be able to run the offense better: Smith, Carr or McNabb? I understand the need to improve the position, however I dont think Mcnabb is the answer.

So....by that rationale......you're pathetic?

Or are you not a niner fan? (Which looks more and more like the case, Mr. Los Angeles Niners)

If so..

go away troll

It's stupid to trade for a player that will help us get to the playoffs for a year or two but after that go nowhere. We are not a team that the window is closing on us and must make a move. We need to build and find a QB for the future not a one stop QB and then start looking again.
Say NO to McChoke!

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Say NO to McChoke!

McChoke FTL!

It all depends on what the Niners give up. I like McNabb but he is older, plus he has never played in any system other than the WCO.

• PlayAction
  • Info N/A
Espn has a couple of articles concerning this topic...one is on Insider

............"A league source says that either McNabb or Kolb can be had for a "fair" price, either a second-round pick or a package of picks. That's lower than the price we had heard earlier, which was "at least" a first-rounder. ESPN's "Beast" blogger, Matt Mosley, sat down with Reid at the NFC coaches' breakfast on Wednesday and came away with an interesting take based on the conversation"

Neither article mentions teams interested...but IF true?

IMO Niners should be one of the teams...especially if no first round picks are involved.
HELL NO.

Aging injury riddled vet who's never played outside of the WCO?

No thanks.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
ESPN Insider loves to draw whatever unlikely conclusions they can from scraps of half-legit info.

-9fA

I tend to agree with this statement, especially if ESPN relies on unproven intersections to sell its "Insider" subscription.
Why not Matt Moore for our second first round pick????? LMAO!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone