LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
He wants to play for the Niners please please please make the move!!!!!

why do people think mcnabb is a future HOF? i dont see it. dude is a choke artist. i would be pissed if we trade and pay this guy. let him go to oakland or to the Vikes if Favre burns them

Compare that to our current QB who can't even put us in the position to choke away a game.

For the life of me I can't understand why everybody is cool with another year of our biggest bust of all time. But hey we added an even bigger bust to compete with the guy. That'll turn us around.

people dont care about giving away picks and money ?

thats what I dont get

I don't get why people don't want an actual QB. You're telling me that a 2nd rounder plus is more valueable than a QB of McNabb's caliber? They don't want to sign one, they don't want to draft one, they don't want to trade for one. We're cool with being Baltimore's retarded sister.

I get we're a bottom feeder in the NFL and we can't afford to win nowadays.

I'd rather have a Line player that could start for the next 5+ years

Unless you plan on using the 13th, the 17th and the 49th pick on the line this season that point is worthless.

In theory we could draft Williams, Iupati and still probally trade for McNabb for the 49th pick and additional pick next season. Worse case scenario we end up with Williams, trade for McNabb for the 17th pick and take Ducasse in the 2nd for guard.

lol here we go with the Madden trades again

you not only have to make Philly happy but also have to better all the other teams trying to get him

Philly has already said they are not "blown away" by anything they've seen so far

I just dont feel it's worth it

plus you need to resign him if you want him here more than a year so there goes money you could give to another draft pick

just not a smart idea all the way around imo

Which tells you they're not receiving many offers. Other than Oakland not many teams have shown any interest in grabbing him. It's just not a good time to trade a 33 year old QB with a 11 million dollar expiring contract right now.

The question is did Philly slam the door shut on McNabb returning or they going to have trade him for less than desireable value.

my point if he was worth it every team with a question at QB would be looking to pick him up

There's really only a handful of teams looking for a QB right now. Look at this way if Claussen slips past Buffalo he's not getting a glance to Minnesota makes their pick.

Because of the money tied to the QB position teams tend to play their hands.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

why do people think mcnabb is a future HOF? i dont see it. dude is a choke artist. i would be pissed if we trade and pay this guy. let him go to oakland or to the Vikes if Favre burns them

Compare that to our current QB who can't even put us in the position to choke away a game.

For the life of me I can't understand why everybody is cool with another year of our biggest bust of all time. But hey we added an even bigger bust to compete with the guy. That'll turn us around.

thats what I dont get

I don't get why people don't want an actual QB. You're telling me that a 2nd rounder plus is more valueable than a QB of McNabb's caliber? They don't want to sign one, they don't want to draft one, they don't want to trade for one. We're cool with being Baltimore's retarded sister.

I'd rather have a Line player that could start for the next 5+ years

Unless you plan on using the 13th, the 17th and the 49th pick on the line this season that point is worthless.

In theory we could draft Williams, Iupati and still probally trade for McNabb for the 49th pick and additional pick next season. Worse case scenario we end up with Williams, trade for McNabb for the 17th pick and take Ducasse in the 2nd for guard.

lol here we go with the Madden trades again

you not only have to make Philly happy but also have to better all the other teams trying to get him

Philly has already said they are not "blown away" by anything they've seen so far

I just dont feel it's worth it

plus you need to resign him if you want him here more than a year so there goes money you could give to another draft pick

just not a smart idea all the way around imo

Which tells you they're not receiving many offers. Other than Oakland not many teams have shown any interest in grabbing him. It's just not a good time to trade a 33 year old QB with a 11 million dollar expiring contract right now.

The question is did Philly slam the door shut on McNabb returning or they going to have trade him for less than desireable value.

my point if he was worth it every team with a question at QB would be looking to pick him up

There's really only a handful of teams looking for a QB right now. Look at this way if Claussen slips past Buffalo he's not getting a glance to Minnesota makes their pick.

Because of the money tied to the QB position teams tend to play their hands.

he's played a full season one time in the last six years

Nobody is going to give away a high pick for McNabb since it is obvious the eagles want to trade him. They will probably play the trade game until the draft when it will become obvious that nobody wants to give away more than a 2nd round pick for him. That being said I would have no problem with the niners trading there second round pick for McNabb. QB is a position that you will have to pay to win. Not too many teams taking home the trophy without a high priced QB so I really don't buy the argument that we shouldn't trade for him since we dont want to pay him.

thats what I dont get

Baltimore won the SB a few years back with Trent Dilfer as their QB.

thats what I dont get

Originally posted by Gavintech:

thats what I dont get

A few years back? Are you aware that was back in 2000. We're ten years down the line. If you hav'nt noticed this a QB driven league now. You won't win a title with a great defense and average QB now.

Those days are over. Baltimore's defense was probably the greatest defense I had ever seen in my 20 years of watching football. Better than the 85 Bears defense. It just won't be done again.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

thats what I dont get

A few years back? Are you aware that was back in 2000. We're ten years down the line. If you hav'nt noticed this a QB driven league now. You won't win a title with a great defense and average QB now.

Those days are over. Baltimore's defense was probably the greatest defense I had ever seen in my 20 years of watching football. Better than the 85 Bears defense. It just won't be done again.

Eli Manning
Originally posted by valrod33:

thats what I dont get

Eli Manning

Eli Manning>Trent Dilfer
Eli Manning>Brad Johnson
Eli Manning>Alex Smith

I'm sure you get the point.
Originally posted by valrod33:

thats what I dont get

Eli Manning

Eli was pretty good in the playoff run though.

thats what I dont get

yeah we already tried that. I still remember Trents last play. lol Does anyone have a reply of it? I was at the game and thought Trent was dead.

thats what I dont get

Considering how dominant Baltimore's defense was they really underachieved. They had alot of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons during that run.

That's with one of the best defenses of all time too.

thats what I dont get

Considering how dominant Baltimore's defense was they really underachieved. They had alot of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons during that run.

That's with one of the best defenses of all time too.

very good point. That defense with a good offense and QB should have won 2 to 3 SB's.
As for the cap stuff once the dust settles on Smith this season and it will, we're going to be in that position anyways. If you want a quality QB you have to open your bank account.

If that happens and Smith is out I have no problem with that, but Donovan ain't the one.
From Rotoworld plus their litte editorial . . .

Quote:
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, there is a "zero percent" chance the 49ers will trade for Donovan McNabb and Brandon Marshall, as suggested by Herm Edwards.

Their coolness on Marshall is understandable, but this is exactly the sort of team that should be trying to land McNabb. With the Cardinals' personnel losses, the Niners are the early favorites in the NFC West despite an unreliable quarterback who still has trouble operating out of any formation but the shotgun. If they refuse to pursue a difference-maker like McNabb, they deserve their fate with Alex Smith.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=704

I swear . . . the National media is basically daring the Niners to trade for McNabb . . . it's getting kinda bizzare. I'm sure the same idiots would say "I told ya so" if the Niners pulled the trigger and it ended up backfiring.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
From Rotoworld plus their litte editorial . . .

Quote:
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, there is a "zero percent" chance the 49ers will trade for Donovan McNabb and Brandon Marshall, as suggested by Herm Edwards.

Their coolness on Marshall is understandable, but this is exactly the sort of team that should be trying to land McNabb. With the Cardinals' personnel losses, the Niners are the early favorites in the NFC West despite an unreliable quarterback who still has trouble operating out of any formation but the shotgun. If they refuse to pursue a difference-maker like McNabb, they deserve their fate with Alex Smith.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=704

I swear . . . the National media is basically daring the Niners to trade for McNabb . . . it's getting kinda bizzare. I'm sure the same idiots would say "I told ya so" if the Niners pulled the trigger and it ended up backfiring.

Well everyone recognized we got a pretty good team with the biggest question mark at QB...
Share 49ersWebzone