LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PTulini:
Adam_Shefter: Herm Edwards on NFL Live suggested 49ers trade for Donovan McNabb AND Brandon Marshall. And they still would have a leftover 1st-rd pick!

Yes to Brandon Marshall!

No to Mcnabb
MattMaiocco: 49ers prez Jed York said last week he wasn't sure team would hire a GM to replace Scot McCloughan. One thing we know . . .

MattMaiocco: Herm Edwards will not be next 49ers' GM. He told "NFL Live" viewers SF should trade for QB Donovan McNabb AND WR Brandon Marshall.
Originally posted by GEEK:
And this is the exact reason why Herm Edwards is no longer a coach in the NFL.

Took the thought right out of my head.

Let's see, Mcnabb had an all pro caliber running back, while not great, decent wide receivers, a good offensive line and one of the best defenses in the league and even with TO can't win a Super Bowl. Ya, let's spend oodles of money on that QB.
I admit he's good, just a tad over rated Imho.
Why are the SIGNATURES?? SAYING THE RAIDERS??

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
PLZ TAKE THEM OFF
NO.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Why are the SIGNATURES?? SAYING THE RAIDERS??

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
PLZ TAKE THEM OFF

April Fools Dude!
I'm crying from laughing. Good one mods. Whatever they do, just know that you bleed red and gold. Good one!
2nd rounder for mcnabb? yes
dont trade anything for marshal. why?? we have crabs, hes going to be a legit #1. and we have VD. and morgans pretty good too. we could always add depth, sure, but we dont need to break the bank for a receiver anymore
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Makes a lot of sence on paper, but like they said, you still have to pay McNabb, pay Marshall, pay Davis, pay Willis. But it would be fun to see them all on the field together

That's what that $30 million in cap room (in a capped year, of course) that we have every damn year is for.

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

Is that signature gadget some kind of joke? Mine changed to Cowboys??
Makes no sense, and is completely RUH-TARDED.

A) Marshal wants to be paid like the top receiver in the game
B) McNabb would want a pretty nice contract
C) Willis is gonna have the highest LB contract
D) Davis will want to be paid a top 5 TE contract
E) Franklin wants to be paid, Goldson wants to be paid, etc.
F) two first round contracts in this year

Then lets say Spencer/Brown has a breakout year... they will want to get paid.

Sign our players, build through the draft, dont copy the Redskins... nuff said.
1)Great "system" QB, too bad we don't run the WCO.(Although we have right personnel)

2) His salary is more than Smith, Carr, Davis, and all our QB coaches and trainers combined! (Cap room)

3) Best years behind him

4) Primadonna

5) Not named Farve. (not likely to carry team)

6) Can't win the big games (how many NFC championships?)

7) Still better than anybody we've got, so I guess we should mortgage our future on him! (Loss of draft pick loss of cap room)
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
1)Great "system" QB, too bad we don't run the WCO.(Although we have right personnel)

The same has been said about Smith in the spread. We don't run exactly what he's comfortable with but I trust McNabb when he's a little uncomfortable more than I trust Smith.

2) His salary is more than Smith, Carr, Davis, and all our QB coaches and trainers combined! (Cap room)

Exactly, there is no cap. Even if there was we're well below it anyway. Last I checked none of those other guys are HOF who have the best TD/INT ratio of all time.

3) Best years behind him

His worst year with us will be as productive if not more-so than Smith's best season.

4) Primadonna

Like Crabtree?

5) Not named Farve. (not likely to carry team)

You're right he never had any receivers or an offensive line, unlike Favre. He was always working with much less talent than Favre was.

6) Can't win the big games (how many NFC championships?)

First of all, at least he's been to them. Secondly, when he had T.O. he got to a Super Bowl. Imagine what he could to with Crabtree and Davis, not to mention anybody we pick up in the draft, since we'd still have two 1st rounders.

7) Still better than anybody we've got, so I guess we should mortgage our future on him! (Loss of draft pick loss of cap room)

Who are we going to get with the 2nd round pick that will have more of an impact on us winning a Super Bowl than a HOF QB? We lose cap room for a year, maybe two, and are guaranteed a Super Bowl run in both those years.

If you want a new Stadium, bringing in a HOF QB, winning a big game in London, and making a run at a Super Bowl definitely won't hurt.

Don't worry though, it's not going to happen. The Yorks are way too cheap to bring in McNabb.

[ Edited by foreign49er on Apr 1, 2010 at 17:48:16 ]
He wants to play for the Niners please please please make the move!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone