LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
ur saying someone is gonna trade a top 10 or top 5 pick for him?

ya right
My first thought is what the f**k does TMZ know about sports. They are a celebrity bulls**t reporting site.

What, no April fools joke Webzone? You guy have done it the past 5 years plus that I can remember.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
This is not an April Fool's joke because this TMZ thing has been up since late last night. Plus, it wouldn't be too far-fetched for McNabb to refuse to go to Oakland because Oakland sucks. Plus we are actually in the running for him whether you like it or not.

Wanna make a wager whether he ends up in SF or not?
I agree a top 5 pick is a bit much but there could be other players/picks involved... lets face it, over the past few years trading a top 5 pick for McNabb would be one of the Raiders better moves... Thats not saying its a good move, that's the saying the Raiders have done dumber things then that...
  • seanh
  • Veteran
This report just SCREAMS credibility
anyone that believes TMZ about anything involving sports (or anything else really) fails at life.
this was reported yesterday
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

And it's actually posted on their site. This doesn't sound like something they would do a joke on. Other than that I don't recall them breaking any sports stories not related to cheatings, beatings, or Pittsburgh.

[ Edited by JoseCortez on Apr 1, 2010 at 07:14:06 ]
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by valrod33:

And it's actually posted on their site. This doesn't sound like something they would do a joke on. Other than that I don't recall them breaking any sports stories not related to cheatings, beatings, or Pittsburgh.

Damon Bruce was saying the other day that TMZ is going to start a sports branch.

Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by crzy:
Schefter is correct.

Donovan McNabb = guaranteed 12 wins and NFC West title.

Alex Smith and David Carr = same team as last year who might stumble into the playoffs only to get smashed by legit teams.

I have to agree. I have no trust in Alex Smith and Carr on the 49ers. Come to think of it why should I???

I don't care if you do or if you don't have faith in our current QBs'.

You really have so much faith in McNabb that you'd rent him for a year for a 1st or 2nd rounder?

1st rounder could be used for 2 solid players since we have 2. So say we get Spiller/Lupati. Both SOLID players and both fill needs. ST and Line. Line = Protection for WHOEVER the QB is. If you can't keep your QB upright I don't give a truck who it is Under Center.

The point is that he's missed over half a season each of the last 3 seasons on the average. That's 8 games. We CAN'T afford 8 games with our Starter on the sidelines. Can we? Honestly? Or is this just all about how 9er fans hate Smith so much they'll make a deal with the Devil to move on?

And I really hope Arizona gets the guy so we can sweep them yet again.

~Ceadder

Why do you keep talking about trading one of our 1st round picks? I never said that and Schefter is saying he can be had for a 2nd round pick so why would the 49ers or anyone trade a 1st round pick for McNabb? I say a 2nd round or under would be a steal of a deal for the 49ers. Not a 1st round pick. You could get 2 OL men with both 1st round picks and McNabb, and keep Alex and Carr.

I keep talking 1st round picks cause Philly ain't taking anything less right now. Maybe closer to the draft if they feel they have to dump McNabb.

But honestly the Iggles would hold all the cards and it will take nothing less than a 2nd to get McNabb.

Question is why do YOU keep floating 2nd rounder or less? You honestly think that Andy Reid is that dumb to take less than what he feels is legit compensation? Just cause you would gleefully would take that schtupping, doesn't mean that Reid would.

Say the Rams or the Seahawks wanted him? THEN they could get away with offering a 2nd and a pick for next year. Cause NOBODY is spending a top 10 for DM. Anyone holding a mid to late 1st would have to comp it, unless they had a better deal than anyone else.

This is NOT Madden where you can offer a lowball offer and force it through. I really wish people would stop and think for a moment. McNabb is a Super Bowl QB.

Schefter also said that we would go to the Super Bowl with McNabb. The man is FoS. Personally I think that he's on crack.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by crzy:
Schefter is correct.

Donovan McNabb = guaranteed 12 wins and NFC West title.

Alex Smith and David Carr = same team as last year who might stumble into the playoffs only to get smashed by legit teams.

I have to agree. I have no trust in Alex Smith and Carr on the 49ers. Come to think of it why should I???

I don't care if you do or if you don't have faith in our current QBs'.

You really have so much faith in McNabb that you'd rent him for a year for a 1st or 2nd rounder?

1st rounder could be used for 2 solid players since we have 2. So say we get Spiller/Lupati. Both SOLID players and both fill needs. ST and Line. Line = Protection for WHOEVER the QB is. If you can't keep your QB upright I don't give a truck who it is Under Center.

The point is that he's missed over half a season each of the last 3 seasons on the average. That's 8 games. We CAN'T afford 8 games with our Starter on the sidelines. Can we? Honestly? Or is this just all about how 9er fans hate Smith so much they'll make a deal with the Devil to move on?

And I really hope Arizona gets the guy so we can sweep them yet again.

~Ceadder

Why do you keep talking about trading one of our 1st round picks? I never said that and Schefter is saying he can be had for a 2nd round pick so why would the 49ers or anyone trade a 1st round pick for McNabb? I say a 2nd round or under would be a steal of a deal for the 49ers. Not a 1st round pick. You could get 2 OL men with both 1st round picks and McNabb, and keep Alex and Carr.

And we keep 4 QBs? Don't think so.

You honestly think that Reid will take a 2nd for "an almost certain HoF QB", to quote Ratto and Schefter?

Look man, he not even worth a 2nd imho. We'd rent him for one year, he would move on to the highest bidder and we'd be right back where we are now.

On top of that we DO NOT run the WCO. People think oh what would it take to throw 5 yard dinks, how washed up do you gotta be not to be able to do that... you're kidding yourselves if that's all it takes to stand behind THIS Line in it's current iteration. If that's all it took then Hill would NEVER have relinquished the position to Smith.

We can't keep up with the opposing team once they put the QB on his back 2 straight quarters of 3 and out play calling.

Now here is my only Alex Smith related issue.

I think this team owes Smith the chance to prove himself with his 2nd season with the same coordinator and put some Linemen in front of him that are better than what we have now. If Smith fails? Guess what we got LINEMEN to put in front of his replacement.

And please do not forget that Reid is a Walsh disciple. The man has shown that he has no problems with moving on from aging players. We fans have been plenty vocal about management not moving past older players. Most recently Harris, Roman and Bruce before the latter left the team for good.

Now you all want us to pick up yet ANOTHER aging Vet who could possibly have seen his best days pass him by?

~Ceadder

the team does not owe Alex Smith anything. I think McNabb could be had for a 3rd pick and the right deal. If you want to sit back and have the 49ers owe Alex Smith another season go right ahead. Alex got his money so its a moot point.

They don't huh, they owe Smith absolutely nothing?

How bout the fact that Smith has been getting KILLED since he's been with this team because they can't put even an AVERAGE line in front of him. 50+ sacks allowed average over the last 5 seasons.

Are you freakin kidding me?

Sorry man but I'm pretty sure you're coming from the camp that Smith makes a lot of money so he's not allowed, but that is HORSE APPLES.

He's our Starter and it doesn't matter what he "isn't" capable of if he's laying on his F'N back half the goddam game.

If Hill were still with this team and the Starter I would be saying the same damn thing. Management owes it to our Starter to put a Line in front of him. Period.

~Ceadder
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The 49ers don't necessarily have to get Dono, but at some point to take the next step, they're going to need to upgrade at QB.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
As long as it's not for a #1, I'm open to it.
I'm still holding the belief that the 49ers have already offered their 2nd rd pick and only their 2nd rd pick and Philly is waiting for another team to beat it.

The Raiders and Bills' 2nd rd picks are higher but Reid isn't go to screw McNabb over by sending him over there. If he does, McNabb won't sign an extension.

Why do you think Philly has set the floor at pick #42 for McNabb? Probably because most teams (including the 49ers is my speculation) have only offered their 2nd rd pick.

At first, Philly wanted a 1st round pick, but now they've come to their senses, and realize NO ONE is giving up a 1st rd pick, not even Minnesota or Arizona, for McNabb.

If Philly doesn't get the best deal out there, they will look like idiots.

And why is my sig say go Cowboys, I just almost threw up.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Apr 1, 2010 at 10:15:47 ]
Share 49ersWebzone