LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
McNabb would be an improvement over the Smith that we saw in 2009, but for how long? Would he still be an improvement in 2011?

McNabb has a lot of miles on him. What would the 49ers have to give up for a guy who may only have 2-3 years MAX that he could play at a decent level?

IMO, the 49ers would be foolish to give anything higher than a 4th round pick for McNabb. Kawakami can speculate all he wants about who supports Smith and who doesn't but that is a far cry from getting McNabb out of Philly for a reasonable value to the 49ers. If SF was just a good QB from a Super Bowl run, it might be worth it to give up a 2nd round pick, but this team will be fortunate to do anything more than just win the West this upcoming season. They are in no position to give up so much of their future for a guy who may only help for 1 or 2 years.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
for a 2nd ? i can actually work with that

i doubt they take a 2nd they're speculating because of the 2 first rounders...although i doubt they get even 1 of those picks in a trade...not going to happen imo
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I'd rather have Kolb.............

If you really think the Eagles are going to trade Kolb, you're freakin looney tunes.

I never said they would! I'm just saying I'd rather have him over McNabb. The Eagles would be FOOLS to trade away thier future like that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I don't know why so many niner fans are against winning. If we get McNabb we are in playoffs, with Smith we aint s**t.
Originally posted by susweel:
I don't know why so many niner fans are against winning. If we get McNabb we are in playoffs, with Smith we aint s**t.

Seems like common sense is not that common though. I don't want McNabb for more than 2 years tops. This team can not survive another year of 8-8 season of mediocrity and missing the playoffs. With Smith, that's what we are looking at. Sorry I cant buy into another year of false hope. The guy isn't the answer short term or long term. I'll take McNabb because McNabb=Playoffs and then start the Nate Davis era in '11-12.

There have been doubts if McNabb can run an offense like ours.

He's been playing in the same system for some time.

Look @ our division. We're in the playoffs if i'm out there slingin the rock around.

McNabb is a top 10 qb in a system he's been in for his entire career.

Smith is a top 15, potential top 10 qb in a system he's been in for one year.

Also, what makes you think Don can make the transition to our offense so easily? It's not the WCO that he is used to in philly.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Its gonna happen, whether you like it or not.

McNabb will not leave Philly. No way.

The smart thing for Philly is to keep their franchise QB && start grooming a successor. Even if (Philly) did wanna trade him...the cause would be too high.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Look @ our division. We're in the playoffs if i'm out there slingin the rock around.

McNabb is a top 10 qb in a system he's been in for his entire career.

Smith is a top 15, potential top 10 qb in a system he's been in for one year.

Also, what makes you think Don can make the transition to our offense so easily? It's not the WCO that he is used to in philly.

I doubt it

Now thats some over confidence.
[ Edited by susweel on Mar 22, 2010 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

HAH! I missed the reference... thanks 949

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
if this happens, I will have lost all faith in this organization. Why sign Carr when you know you're gonna go after McNabb? All this would prove to me is that this organization has NO idea where to go from here.

I know, man! Especially since Carr is wearing the #5! What would happen? Would McNabb demand the number? Would the organization relinquish it from Carr? Would this upset Carr? Would this divide the locker room?!? FAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!
I'm so f**king tired of this McNabb bulls**t.
This is really highly unlikely.... not to mention Jed York just gave Alex Smith the biggest support to be the 2010 starter he has gotten yet.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by northstar:
This is really highly unlikely.... not to mention Jed York just gave Alex Smith the biggest support to be the 2010 starter he has gotten yet.

I'm sure Denver was saying Cutler was the guy before they traded him.

I wouldn't mind McNabb and allow Nate Davis to watch for another 2 years and come in Aaron Rodgers style.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

HAH! I missed the reference... thanks 949

Share 49ersWebzone