LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Take this with a HUGE grain of salt since there are no details, but Comcast in Philly is reporting a trade with the Niners for Mcnabb within the next 24 hours. Again they do not list for who or what draft picks, so the report is spurious at best.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Take this with a HUGE grain of salt since there are no details, but Comcast in Philly is reporting a trade with the Niners for Mcnabb within the next 24 hours. Again they do not list for who or what draft picks, so the report is spurious at best.

I don't like this, there's too many rumors about us trading for him, and where there's smoke, there's fire.

Pleeeease don't trade anything for him...
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I don't like this, there's too many rumors about us trading for him, and where there's smoke, there's fire.

Posted about 13 hours ago
Eagles reportedly target top-42 pick for McNabb; Rams, Cards out

NFL.com Wire Reports

The Philadelphia Eagles will only consider trading Donovan McNabb if they receive a top-42 pick in next month's NFL draft, a person familiar with discussions involving the six-time Pro Bowl quarterback told The Associated Press on Thursday night.

So for us we would have to give up 1 of our 1st rounders to acquire him.

Doubt it happens!!
Originally posted by jreff22:

NFL.com Wire Reports

The Philadelphia Eagles will only consider trading Donovan McNabb if they receive a top-42 pick in next month's NFL draft, a person familiar with discussions involving the six-time Pro Bowl quarterback told The Associated Press on Thursday night.

Doubt it happens!!

If we swapped #1's (#13 for #24) and gave up our fourth, that trade point value would equal the 42nd pick. That wouldn't be horrible.
A source says he is open to a trade with the 49ers

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=704

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100326_Vikings_tops_on_McNabb_s_trade_wish_list.html
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

NFL.com Wire Reports

Doubt it happens!!

If we swapped #1's (#13 for #24) and gave up our fourth, that trade point value would equal the 42nd pick. That wouldn't be horrible.

I would still pass.
  • evil
  • Veteran

NFL.com Wire Reports

Doubt it happens!!

Speculating here but perhaps the Eagles/49ers would swap 17 for 55. Difference of 600 points which is equivalent to the 31st pick in the draft.
Everyone saying they are not interested in McNabb would change their tune the second he steps on the field and has one of his 350 yard games with 3 or 4 TDs.

At this point, I dont care if the Niners get him or not. I just want to win the division.
If they do this deal they need to wait until 4/1 . . .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If they do this deal they need to wait until 4/1 . . .

lol I've always wondered what would happen if a huge deal went down on 4/1.

The confusion would be epic.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Everyone saying they are not interested in McNabb would change their tune the second he steps on the field and has one of his 350 yard games with 3 or 4 TDs.

At this point, I dont care if the Niners get him or not. I just want to win the division.

Originally posted by boast:

Apparently you havent paid much attention to this board lol.

Just look at the McCloughan situation. Everyone was hating on him....until he was gone, and then they turned their hate towards the Yorks for letting a good GM go.

Like I said, I dont care what the Niners do. If they trade for him, I wont be mad unless they give up too much. If they dont trade for him, I am fine with that too. I just want the team to win.
Originally posted by boast:

Apparently you havent paid much attention to this board lol.

Just look at the McCloughan situation. Everyone was hating on him....until he was gone, and then they turned their hate towards the Yorks for letting a good GM go.

Like I said, I dont care what the Niners do. If they trade for him, I wont be mad unless they give up too much. If they dont trade for him, I am fine with that too. I just want the team to win.

I feel the same way ratman.
He's also open to Minnesota apparently.

It wouldn't be a good idea to trade him in the NFC to a team that is just a quarterback away that could face the Eagles in the playoffs. Who else in the AFC besides the Raiders should go after him?
Share 49ersWebzone