LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

McNabb rumors (ESPN, NFL Network, TMZ, and more)

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hope so badly that an NFC West rival gets McNabb.

A. I don't want to win the division only cause everyone else sucks so bad. I want to earn it.

B. McNabb would struggle for alteast a season on any team in the west due to lack of a WCO.

C. I don't think McNabb is all that great and will struggle mightily when away from the Eagles

D. What ever team gets him is going to have to pay a rediculous amount to get him, which imo weakens their team in the long term.

F. I know it won't be us getting him so that would make me real happy
Jed York mentioned that the Niners would be interested in a "Hall of Fame type QB" if one became available. So technically, the Niners should be interested in Donovan McNabb, right? What worries me is that the Niners seem so detached from what is going on in the league. I haven't heard anything about a possible trade with Philly.

This team is below average at quarterback and McNabb would upgrade the QB position significantly. Why go into the season thinking that you "might" make the playoffs, when the addition of McNabb virtually assures a playoff berth and possibly more?

This team has been content to hope that Alex Smith becomes a different player, but the real winning teams have great QB's. The Niners went after Kurt Warner last year, and you'd expect them to call Philly and inquire about McNabb. But so far, the initial signs are not encouraging.

I'm not an Alex Smith hater at all, but realistically, we all know that his upside is that he *might* be decent, but likely will be average or slightly below average QB.

McNabb would have to learn a new offense, but I think he'd mesh well with our coaching staff and he'd have playmakers on offense. But, what would it take to get McNabb realistically? 2nd round pick? Thoughts?
HELLZ NO!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by rubbersoul80:
Jed York mentioned that the Niners would be interested in a "Hall of Fame type QB" if one became available. So technically, the Niners should be interested in Donovan McNabb, right? What worries me is that the Niners seem so detached from what is going on in the league. I haven't heard anything about a possible trade with Philly.

This team is below average at quarterback and McNabb would upgrade the QB position significantly. Why go into the season thinking that you "might" make the playoffs, when the addition of McNabb virtually assures a playoff berth and possibly more?

This team has been content to hope that Alex Smith becomes a different player, but the real winning teams have great QB's. The Niners went after Kurt Warner last year, and you'd expect them to call Philly and inquire about McNabb. But so far, the initial signs are not encouraging.

I'm not an Alex Smith hater at all, but realistically, we all know that his upside is that he *might* be decent, but likely will be average or slightly below average QB.

McNabb would have to learn a new offense, but I think he'd mesh well with our coaching staff and he'd have playmakers on offense. But, what would it take to get McNabb realistically? 2nd round pick? Thoughts?

NO......McNabb is NOT a HOF type QB. he will not even get a sniff Canton.
"As superb as McNabb's numbers have been through his career, he's not the only quarterback to post quality totals in the Philadelphia offense. In 2006, Jeff Garcia notched a passer rating of 95.8 during his fill-in time for McNabb, a number that was slightly better than McNabb's 95.5 rating that season. Kevin Kolb did much the same thing in 2009 by posting an 88.9 passer mark that contrasted quite well with McNabb's 92.9 showing in that same metric. This shows that Andy Reid can get quality production out of many passers and illustrates that McNabb benefits as much from Reid as Reid does from him."
This lazy fu*k always buckles in the big games.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

But somehow manages to always get to BIG games. Wouldn't it be nice to at least get there to buckle in? What is a second round pick going to help us with right now? I would rather trade it away then use it on players like Baas and Balmer. (Late 1st-early 2nd)
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

The Niners had a QB that would always buckle in big games, but it just took one game to change that tag, and that was his only superbowl year. It just takes 1 game.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Quote:
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio believes the situation in Philadelphia has reached the point where Donovan McNabb "can't possibly succeed" in 2010.
Sal Pal pointed out that the Eagles made McNabb "the lamest of lame duck quarterbacks," alienated him, and "undermined his moral authority in the locker room" by not extending him beyond 2010 while entertaining trade talks. The situation appears to be beyond fixing, and McNabb's comments indicate that he's ready to move on to a new team. The 49ers may be emerging as a "darkhorse" candidate.
Source: ESPN.com
Related: Kevin Kolb, 49ers
via roto

#
# RT @askmetostay323: Any truth to the Rams/Eagles rumors? ... Nothing but good old fashioned rumor mongering.

schefters twitter
Originally posted by pd24:
Quote:
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio believes the situation in Philadelphia has reached the point where Donovan McNabb "can't possibly succeed" in 2010.
Sal Pal pointed out that the Eagles made McNabb "the lamest of lame duck quarterbacks," alienated him, and "undermined his moral authority in the locker room" by not extending him beyond 2010 while entertaining trade talks. The situation appears to be beyond fixing, and McNabb's comments indicate that he's ready to move on to a new team. The 49ers may be emerging as a "darkhorse" candidate.
via roto

when was this article posted?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Quote:
via roto

It said March 25th.
Quote:
via roto

It said March 25th.

interesting..
Quote:
via roto

It said March 25th.

interesting..

Just more speculation.
Share 49ersWebzone