LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

Which would you prefer to challenge for #1: Carr or Anderson?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which would you prefer to challenge for #1: Carr or Anderson?

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Dominate:
Derek Anderson fails at life

He was a pro bowler 2 years ago.

pro bowl alternate who made the team cuz of injuries. he was on a browns team that surprised everybody and proved that that was a one year fluke. if i remember correctly the browns had one of the easiest schedules that year.

f**k DEREK ANDERSON

you know he's canadian right ?
Quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live Wednesday that the Cardinals consider their quarterback situation "an open competition."
It'll be "let the best man win," Schefter added. Based on experience in the offense, familiarity with receivers, and sheer accuracy, Matt Leinart should hold a sizable edge. Rumblings continue that the Cards aren't sold on Leinart, however, and their previously aggressive pursuit of Charlie Whitehurst before signing Derek Anderson is only confirmation. If Anderson can regain his confidence, he'll give Leinart a run for his money in camp. Mar. 17 - 4:23 pm et

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by Dominate:
Derek Anderson fails at life

He was a pro bowler 2 years ago.

pro bowl alternate who made the team cuz of injuries. he was on a browns team that surprised everybody and proved that that was a one year fluke. if i remember correctly the browns had one of the easiest schedules that year.

f**k DEREK ANDERSON

you know he's canadian right ?
Non fat or fat free
  • BobS
  • Veteran
If either one of those guys challenges for your starting QB position you are in big trouble.
Carr!!!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Anderson. What has Carr accomplished? Nothing.
Anderson's "Pro-Bowl" season nothwithstanding, the Seahawks, Cardinals and even the Browns all wanted Carr over Anderson . . . and it's not like the Giants didn't want to keep him as well.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
funny thing is half this board would have killed for Anderson a year and a half ago...u just never know lol

I remember that, people wanted us to trade for him. Look like he was a one year wonder.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
funny thing is half this board would have killed for Anderson a year and a half ago...u just never know lol

Oh yeah. If we signed Anderson everyone would be bashing Carr.

Ken Dorsey!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Jeff George.

f**k yes. I'll take Jeffy everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's.
Anderson by far. Carr is a complete bust and pure s**t as an NFL QB. There isnt any fan or expert that can honestly say that Carr is a starting quality QB. Atleast any that arent a complete Carr fanatic or a homer of extreme potential. The guy hasnt even had 1 good year much less mediocre season.

Anderson atleast had 1 good year. Which sadly to say not 1 of the 2 bust #1 picks at Qb we have can say. He even did it behind a s**t OL with only 1 good wr n TE. hell id rather have Anderson start than Smith. I wont and cannot buy in that Carr has changed his ways any more than I can believe Smith has. I guess im just not drinking enough koolaid but imho our #1 &2 QBs suck complete ass. Heres to hoping that both Smith n Carr lose out to Davis and or injuries push Davis into teh starting spot.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Anderson by far. Carr is a complete bust and pure s**t as an NFL QB. There isnt any fan or expert that can honestly say that Carr is a starting quality QB. Atleast any that arent a complete Carr fanatic or a homer of extreme potential. The guy hasnt even had 1 good year much less mediocre season.

Anderson atleast had 1 good year. Which sadly to say not 1 of the 2 bust #1 picks at Qb we have can say. He even did it behind a s**t OL with only 1 good wr n TE. hell id rather have Anderson start than Smith. I wont and cannot buy in that Carr has changed his ways any more than I can believe Smith has. I guess im just not drinking enough koolaid but imho our #1 &2 QBs suck complete ass. Heres to hoping that both Smith n Carr lose out to Davis and or injuries push Davis into teh starting spot.

Just to point out, every franchise in the NFL knew the Browns were NOT going to pay Anderson's roster bouns and release him last week. In spite of that the Niners, & Cardinals went after Carr first. Why?
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 21, 2010 at 7:15 PM ]
I'm not saying that I have high expectations for him, but I've always thought that Carr looks like he's capable of being a solid QB.
Share 49ersWebzone