LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Which would you prefer to challenge for #1: Carr or Anderson?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which would you prefer to challenge for #1: Carr or Anderson?

So now that the Cardinals have answered back by signing Anderson, who got the better deal?
Derek Anderson fails at life
Jeff George.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Shaun Hill
Carr . . . and I'd bet the Cards front office would prefer Carr over Anderson as well.
Originally posted by valrod33:

LMAO

soooo very true.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
funny thing is half this board would have killed for Anderson a year and a half ago...u just never know lol

a lot happens in a year and a half. delhomme fell off so bad

He was a pro bowler 2 years ago.
I'd take Anderson over Carr every time. Quicker release, better arm, better throwing motion, more successful as a starter. He didn't work out for the Brownies.

Originally posted by Dominate:

pro bowl alternate who made the team cuz of injuries. he was on a browns team that surprised everybody and proved that that was a one year fluke. if i remember correctly the browns had one of the easiest schedules that year.

f**k DEREK ANDERSON

pro bowl alternate who made the team cuz of injuries. he was on a browns team that surprised everybody and proved that that was a one year fluke. if i remember correctly the browns had one of the easiest schedules that year.

f**k DEREK ANDERSON

Anderson had 3 good games in 2007 (against 7 win CIN - 4 win MIA - 3 win STL). In those three games he had a QB rat of 130 and went 56 for 83 for 821 yards, 11 touchdowns, and 1 interception. The rest of that season he had a QB rat of 72 and for some unknown reason was named a second alternate injury fill in for the pro bowl and was awarded with an outrageous contract from CLE's dysfunctional front office.

Take away those three games and his career nfl QB rating is a ridiculously low 64 (completion percentage minus those 3 games = 50%).
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

f**k DEREK ANDERSON
Originally posted by thojess:
I'd take Anderson over Carr every time. Quicker release, better arm, better throwing motion, more successful as a starter. He didn't work out for the Brownies.

Anderson had one good year with that year giving the Browns an easy schedule. After that, it was proven that it was a fluke year. He has a good arm but accuracy is average and decision making is horrible.

Carr is harder to analyze since he was thrown into the fire with an offense that lacked a solid NFL caliber offensive line. He spent most of his time throwing from his back. Leaving the Texans and sitting behind Delhomme and Eli Manning was a great decision as he was able to sit and learn. When he did play, he was confident with his legs and his arm and showed pretty good accuracy on his throws.

f**k DEREK ANDERSON

And sadly, David Carr's pro resume pales in comparison!
Share 49ersWebzone