• Veteran
hmmm since 2006

Terrell Suggs - 27 sacks
Kamerion Wimbley - 26.5
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Wimbley is nothing special.

He had a good rookie year, havent heard much since

Wimbley had no legit bookend OLB to complement him in Cleveland. I'm sure offensive coordinators game planned to make him a non factor.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
From the same friend/coworker worker who's a Brown's fan. Wimbley was a one trick pony. nothing but a speed rush up field. Which took himself out of run plays.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Damn! Holmgren getting crazy with it.

If he's doing all these trades, why not trade Cribbs to us?

He's not that crazy yet.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
3rd round pick. Yay or Nay?

yay for Oakland, I'd say
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

yay for Oakland, I'd say

I kind of agree. One less pick for Al Davis to f**k up

yay for Oakland, I'd say

exactly. plus, and i haven't followed Wimbley closely, but he seems a decent pass rusher at least, and to give up only a 3rd for a guy who was a 1st round pick only a few years ago and is probably hitting his prime...now, the Raiders will still probably f**k up with him somehow, but I think its a good move on their part, and kind of a silly one for Cleveland.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

yay for Oakland, I'd say

exactly. plus, and i haven't followed Wimbley closely, but he seems a decent pass rusher at least, and to give up only a 3rd for a guy who was a 1st round pick only a few years ago and is probably hitting his prime...now, the Raiders will still probably f**k up with him somehow, but I think its a good move on their part, and kind of a silly one for Cleveland.

Haha. I like this trade for Oakland. A good player for a 3rd round pick is all good.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Guy is solid.
Matt Roth outplayed him anyway. Good move for Cleveland if they feel like he didn't fit in longterm. They won't take a cap hit if they move him now. I don't see how Wimbley fits in Oakland though.
  • evil
  • Veteran
hmmm since 2006

Terrell Suggs - 27 sacks
Kamerion Wimbley - 26.5

Come on Kalen, you are a much better poster than that. Those stats are quite misleading. For one Suggs had a terrible year that started with a heel injury and then sprained his MCL.

2- Suggs is a much better pass rusher who has multiple pass rush moves unlike Wimbley who is more of a speed rusher than anything else. Suggs is constantly game planned against and faces a ton of double teams. Suggs is also much better in coverage.

3- If Suggs were to be traded tomorrow he'd likely fetch a 1st not a 3rd.

Originally posted by strickac:
Matt Roth outplayed him anyway. Good move for Cleveland if they feel like he didn't fit in longterm. They won't take a cap hit if they move him now. I don't see how Wimbley fits in Oakland though.

I wonder if Oakland will play him strictly at end or if they will take an approach like the Skins did with Orakpo this year, play him at LB in the base D and put your hand in the dirt in nickel packages and go get after the QB.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:58 AM ]
Good trade for 3rd rounder. He's a good player.
i think the browns are headed for another year of fail...this is complete rebuild mode
Share 49ersWebzone