There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Darren Sharper" Thread

Does anyone know if the niners are showing any interest in him? I mean he is exactly one of the tools we are missing. He still has a lot left in the tank, almost winning D player of the year this season. Why aren't we pursuing him? Because we are planning on drafting a saftey? I think it is very unlikely the either Berry or Thomas will drop to us. Even though I love them both. There is also a chance we will be drafting spilller and an OL. Which would still leave us needing a Saftey next to Goldsen. We could also use his leadership and experience. Opinions?
[ Edited by TheyHate2LuvMe on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM ]
I'm all for it. We need safeties that make opposing QBs sweat, not lick their chops.
I would rather have our promising d backs step up then to have their playing time taken away by this foo.
Originally posted by pelos21:
I would rather have our promising d backs step up then to have their playing time taken away by this foo.

were you watching the same darren sharper last year? and who you want to step up? michael lewis? reggie smith?
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:

were you watching the same darren sharper last year? and who you want to step up? michael lewis? reggie smith?

Yeah or possibly Curtis Taylor. I just cant see Sharper having another season like he did last year.

Yeah or possibly Curtis Taylor. I just cant see Sharper having another season like he did last year.

chances are he won't. But Taylor is horrible. And smith isint very good. Lewis cannot cover at all. Sharper is a hue upgrade from them.
Makes too much sense...we'll have no interest
i just dont understand.
Originally posted by jones49:
Makes too much sense...we'll have no interest
I say do it, but not worth breaking the bank over.

chances are he won't. But Taylor is horrible. And smith isint very good. Lewis cannot cover at all. Sharper is a hue upgrade from them.

Thats yet to be determined and we will never know unless we dont throw them out there.
Why havent New Orleans brought him back?