LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

I think Owens is gonna end up in Minnesota

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'd love to see him sign with Minnesota. I can just envision all the drama that
NFL Network and ESPN would have the first time that TO pouts because Favre
didn't get him the ball, or the pass wasn't catchable.

This would be the NFL version of one of the great operas at the Met.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by teeohh:
I want Owens to get a ring!

why
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Daniel2778.
they could easily make a movie out of this. i can see it now, all the beat up vets join the same team to win the superbowl
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
they could easily make a movie out of this. i can see it now, all the beat up vets join the same team to win the superbowl

I think the Redskins tried that in the early 70s, but Shula and the Dolphins would have none of it.
I don't see any reason Minnesota would sign TO. It makes absolutely no sense and is a totally random...scratch that...one of the teams that make the least sense to associate TO with.

The Vikings have one of the very best receiving corps in the league. Berrian was a #1 a year ago and now is barely their 3rd best. Sidney Rice finally broke out (of course after I've had him each year in fantasy football, including this year, but dropped him just before his first good week), and Percy Harvin was the rookie of the year. At 4 and 5 they have a couple of young prospects they're developing.

LT seems a little excessive to me, but makes sense as they need to replace the extremely valuable Chester Taylor, but TO makes no sense whatsoever.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Mar 14, 2010 at 1:52 AM ]
Owens did not get along with Brad Childress in philly, though former 49ers WR and special teams coach George Stewart is WR coach in Minnesota now. who knows, I would like him here though.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Owens did not get along with Brad Childress in philly, though former 49ers WR and special teams coach George Stewart is WR coach in Minnesota now. who knows, I would like him here though.

He told Childress to never ever talk to him when they were both in Philadelphia, so T.O has already burned that bridge ....Even if we sign him and explain to him Gore/Crabtree and Davis are going to be our big three, he will still whine and complain about his touches, the guy is selfish and only thinks about himself, winning is secondary in his world, and he is a major locker room cancer, hope T.O fans have the CBC as part of their cable package, because his best chance next season will be in the CFL
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Do you think TO would accept the nr2 role behinde crabtree with us?

Why would TO be a number 2? TO would produce more than crabtree next year.

he wouldve accepted the number 2 role with ocho cinco..
why not with crabtree?
he might actually be a number 1

you guys are gonna make me log in from work to respond?
damn you....

DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A NUMBER 1 OR NUMBER 2, THIS ISN'T THE QB POSITION ITS WIDE RECEIVER

1, 2, YOU ARE A STARTER

why would anyone go to him a say "you will be number 2 behind crabtree"

they will both almost always be on the field.
COME HOME TO
i have a feeling he'll end up in tennessee

Share 49ersWebzone