LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Why not??!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
We still need a receiver. I don't care what anyone says. Josh Morgan is ass.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
#1. It would be nice to have him, but we're pretty much set at WR.

#2. We have much more pressing needs. O-line, Safety, Pass rusher, KR/PR.

#3. This would go in Free Agency. He's not a 9er.

Set @ WR? Why cause we have a young WR with alot of upside? We are not set at receiver, in fact we've never been since we lost T.O.

thats what im saying. even though crabtree may very well work his way up as one of the best in the league, it is teams that have 2 good WRs that have deadly offenses.

Colts: When they had both Wayne and Harrison (cant forget clark), and the niners have VD which fits in that same role of a TE that can be used as a WR.

Steelers: when they had both ward and Burress (and they still have holmes instead of Burress who is solid)

Cardinals: Boldin and Fitz were such great compliments to each other, and created the best Core in the NFL up to this year. Marshall and Crabtree are very similar to those 2 in my opinion.

Pats: obviously Moss and Welker are also a lethal threat.

Packers: Driver and Jennings are a very underrated WR core, but they are also up there with these teams, and look how explosive there offense is. Must i also mention the Ryan grant is overrated, and that gore is much better than him. so our O would be even better with the addition of Marshall. (although they have rodgers and we have smith, lol, so never mind)

i dont see how some of you guys can be against this when you look at these offenses and the success they had/are having with these type of WR tandems.
[ Edited by TheyHate2LuvMe on Mar 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:

Set @ WR? Why cause we have a young WR with alot of upside? We are not set at receiver, in fact we've never been since we lost T.O.

thats what im saying. even though crabtree may very well work his way up as one of the best in the league, it is teams that have 2 good WRs that have deadly offenses.

Colts: When they had both Wayne and Harrison (cant forget clark), and the niners have VD which fits in that same role of a TE that can be used as a WR.

Steelers: when they had both ward and Burress (and they still have holmes instead of Burress who is solid)

Cardinals: Boldin and Fitz were such great compliments to each other, and created the best Core in the NFL up to this year. Marshall and Crabtree are very similar to those 2 in my opinion.

Packers: Driver and Jennings are a very underrated WR core, but they are also up there with these teams, and look how explosive there offense is. Must i also mention the Ryan grant is overrated, and that gore is much better than him. so our O would be even better with the addition of Marshall. (although they have rodgers and we have smith, lol, so never mind)

i dont see how some of you guys can be against this when you look at these offenses and the success they had/are having with these type of WR tandems.

2 teams on that list won a SB. All have elite QBs and other than AZ at the time, elite Olines. It's not the WRs, it's the QB and line, of which we have neither. there's a reason Matt Millen is out of a job.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:

2 teams on that list won a SB. All have elite QBs and other than AZ at the time, elite Olines. It's not the WRs, it's the QB and line, of which we have neither. there's a reason Matt Millen is out of a job.

Do you think it is a coincidence that those elite QBs just happen to have WRs like those? However, ALex smith will most likely never be anywhere close to those QBs, with or without Marshall. But somewhere down the road we will have a new QB, and if he comes in with those weapons surrounding him, then he will be successful immediately. I think that Alex Smith is already to damaged to ever be a star in this league. However, i do like him though. And as for the O line, we are working on improving it. Acquiring Marshall would not affect how we improve our O line. We have the money for that. The only thing it would most likely affect is whether we would draft spiller/a Safety. And if you ask me, i would take marshall over either of those 2 options anyday.
[ Edited by TheyHate2LuvMe on Mar 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
No coincedence, elite QBs make WRs look better. What we do need is a speed WR to stretch the field, Marshall is not one of those.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
We still need a receiver. I don't care what anyone says. Josh Morgan is ass.

I agree
No coincedence, elite QBs make WRs look better. What we do need is a speed WR to stretch the field, Marshall is not one of those.

Only Qbs like Manning make WRs look better. I guess Culpepper made Moss better?
It works both ways, WRs are just as responsible for making the QBs better. and even though Marshall isint known for his speed, he definitely does spread the field.
[ Edited by TheyHate2LuvMe on Mar 10, 2010 at 3:23 PM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

Larry Fitzgerald isn't a speed receiver but he stretches the field. Brandon Marshall is a better receiver than Larry Fitzgerald, the problem with Marshall is his personality and decision making. If he wasn't such an idiot, I would love to spend a first rounder on him. He and Mike Nolan were the only reason the Broncos won games. Their offense was horrendous aside from Marshall.

We have much more pressing needs. O-line, Safety, Pass rusher, KR/PR.

because the Broncos didn't exactly go to the playoffs last year.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
because the Broncos didn't exactly go to the playoffs last year.

?
That worm can go batter women in some other city, thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone