There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why not??!!

Trade one of our 1st round picks for Marshall??!
This would make us have one of the most, if not the most dangeous recieving core in the NFL. Marshall, Crabtree, VD, Morgan, Hill, etc...
And on top of that we'd have gore, and possibly spiller if we draft him. Although I'd suggest using our remaining 1st rounder on a OL. Alex smith would have everthing he needs, and it would make our Offense that much better. We already know our D is solid. So please tell me why this isint a good idea, if anyone can keep Marshall in check, it is Singeltary. Opinions?
[ Edited by TheyHate2LuvMe on Mar 10, 2010 at 12:26 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Explain why you are so against it.
All for it don't understand it at all !!!! well I do its the Yorks LOL That wold be awesome if they could pull there head out ,We need a deep threat!
Originally posted by TheyHate2LuvMe:
Trade one of our 1st round picks for Marshall??!
This would make us have one of the most, if not the most dangeous recieving core in the NFL. Marshall, Crabtree, VD, Morgan, Hill, etc...
And on top of that we'd have gore, and possibly spiller if we draft him. Although I'd suggest using our remaining 1st rounder on a OL. Alex smith would have everthing he needs, and it would make our Offense that much better. We already know our D is solid. So please tell me why this isint a good idea, if anyone can keep Marshall in check, it is Singeltary. Opinions?

I'm down,

pick up an OT in the draft.

cut Brandon Jones.

We will have one of the some talent teams ever.
it just sucks that talent doesn't always equal success.

But it makes the chances to win better.
As much as I'd like to see that happen, wrong forum sir.
Thank you, that's my point. Sometimes the owners need to look from a fans point of view. We look at the big picture, and are correct a lot of the time. Lol. I just dot undestand, I mean we seem to be in the best shape for accuiring him because we have two 1st rounders this year. It's perfect.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
As much as I'd like to see that happen, wrong forum sir.

Sorry, should this be unde NFL? It revolves around the niners so I thought it would go here.
lol another Adam Schefter wanabie lol dude
#1. It would be nice to have him, but we're pretty much set at WR.

#2. We have much more pressing needs. O-line, Safety, Pass rusher, KR/PR.

#3. This would go in Free Agency. He's not a 9er.
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
lol another Adam Schefter wanabie lol dude

Wouldn't mind that job, haha
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Hey StOnEy should I explain why we wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on Marshall when we have more pressing needs on the Offense?

Namely the Line?

Adding Marshall is just going to add ANOTHER flustered Receiver when our QB is layin on his back. I'd maybe package a 3rd and next years 2nd for him or even a 4th and next years 1st. But we have two mid round 1sts in a draft full of solid OL talent. It would be NUTS to part with one and miss a nice opportunity like the one that we have.

Especially if Spiller is on the board for the 1st pick. If he is I would go...

1. Spiller(who can line up as a Receiver, though I wouldn't do that yet)
2. Lupati or another Lineman. Or even trade for Gaither.

Then I would give Hill every opportunity I could on the field. Battle is gone. It's time for Hill to put up or shut up.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
#1. It would be nice to have him, but we're pretty much set at WR.

#2. We have much more pressing needs. O-line, Safety, Pass rusher, KR/PR.

#3. This would go in Free Agency. He's not a 9er.

Set @ WR? Why cause we have a young WR with alot of upside? We are not set at receiver, in fact we've never been since we lost T.O.
You don't pay superstar money to 2 WR's, especially not 2 with character issues (although we haven't seen any of that from Crabtree after the hold out, if he has an outstanding year we MIGHT (big might) see differently)
Thank you for starting this thread. Our wide receivers were completely invisible last year...and what have we done about it till now? Nothing... same WR coach/personnel..This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home