There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seneca Wallace traded to Browns

• 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
This move makes perfect sense. That means they can possibly pick up marshall with the 6th pick, draft an OT with the 14th pick and draft Tebow in the 2nd round. Let him sit a couple years while Hassleback plays himself into retirement. Or they could go OT at 6, Spiller at 14 and still get Tebow in the 2nd
I don't think Tebow will make it to the 2nd. I think one of the better teams with not so many needs in the late 1st round will take a chance on him and have him sit for a couple of years.
Originally posted by 49ersBackOnTop38:
This move makes perfect sense. That means they can possibly pick up marshall with the 6th pick, draft an OT with the 14th pick and draft Tebow in the 2nd round. Let him sit a couple years while Hassleback plays himself into retirement. Or they could go OT at 6, Spiller at 14 and still get Tebow in the 2nd

if u were refereing to me i meant it made no sense on the browns part why do they need 3 potential starters (alll who are non starters on most teams) either get a solid QB like mcnabb maybe vick or go after a solid 1 WR cause they dont have one
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
I didn't even know he was still in the league
Originally posted by BigRon:

he played last year
Wallace is a great back up imo
i've always liked Seneca Wallace, Holmgren just wants one of his guys.
Originally posted by Sinsation:
i've always liked Seneca Wallace, Holmgren just wants one of his guys.

Definitely. Holmgren trusts him. Enough said.
He played pretty good when he was in... if its for cheap its a great move.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
I don't think Tebow will make it to the 2nd. I think one of the better teams with not so many needs in the late 1st round will take a chance on him and have him sit for a couple of years.

I could see Indy doing that with Tebow.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersBackOnTop38:

They have major needs at RB, on the DL and at S as well, wouldn't be so sure the move was a means to try and get Tebow necessarily with their 2nd round pick. They are bringing him in for a workout but that doesn't mean they are looking to draft him. They also will put a value on him and if it is not 2nd round or higher I doubt they would reach. It's possible they could but I wouldn't look at the decision to trade Wallace as a way to clear a roster spot for Tebow.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

I could see Indy doing that with Tebow.

Indy did let Sorgi walk and they took Painter last year, appears he will be the backup going forward but Tebow to be the 3rd QB and possibly use a little wildcat with him could be conceivable. Who better to groom him than Peyton right ?

New England is another team and they have #22 + 3 2nd rounders so I would not be surprised if they took him and like Indy they have a perfect mentor.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by BigRon:

he played last year

Against us in the 2nd half of the week 2 game
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this move makes no sense

For Cleveland it makes perfect sense. With Holmgren there who knows Seneca and they wanna install a WCO. Seneca is a solid option to start with. As for Seattle, they are probably looking for a younger more long term solution for when Hasslebeck is gone.
I always hated him cos he was good -- probably a Tim Rattay type if u ever handed him the reigns full time though.
back up