LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Cardinals got Rhodes with 4th and 7th rd.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Originally posted by susweel:
WTF why can't the niners have made that deal. These muther f**kers don't wonna win.

I have a feeling you don't even watch football. You just like to poop on the team everytime you get. You weren't saying anything about Rhodes earlier.

Lol youre the one that wants to trade Frank Gore for a 1st rounder and have an unproven Spiller who isnt even an every down back take over...
You Fail
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 7, 2010 at 3:19 PM ]
kerry rhodes is average at best, he's no better then roman only younger. I say we offer Darren Sharper a 3 year deal and be done with safety. Why not, he's clearly a top 5 safety and could fill the need. I dont see why the cards would waste draft picks at this time, they've lost 4 of the top 6 players on the team. Leaving Fitz, dockett, cromartie, and wilson as their best left. Im 100% sure if no one bit on the Rhodes trade he would of been released.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
WTF why can't the niners have made that deal. These muther f**kers don't wonna win.

I have a feeling you don't even watch football. You just like to poop on the team everytime you get. You weren't saying anything about Rhodes earlier.

Lol youre the one that wants to trade Frank Gore for a 1st rounder and have an unproven Spiller who isnt even an every down back take over...
You Fail

OWNED
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

You Fail

OWNED

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
kerry rhodes is average at best, he's no better then roman only younger. I say we offer Darren Sharper a 3 year deal and be done with safety. Why not, he's clearly a top 5 safety and could fill the need. I dont see why the cards would waste draft picks at this time, they've lost 4 of the top 6 players on the team. Leaving Fitz, dockett, cromartie, and wilson as their best left. Im 100% sure if no one bit on the Rhodes trade he would of been released.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran

please, dont tell me you think kerry rhodes is a superstar waiting to bust out. Jets defense was crap when he started, they got a defensive coach with a nose for talent and they suddenly bench Rhodes and give him away. That is not a coiencident.

please, dont tell me you think kerry rhodes is a superstar waiting to bust out. Jets defense was crap when he started, they got a defensive coach with a nose for talent and they suddenly bench Rhodes and give him away. That is not a coiencident.

Didn't he EARN his starting role back?
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

probably in the playoff game they lost. :) For the cardnials this looks lke a cheap ass move. their entire offseason has been 10x's worse then ours. They let Dansby walk which is stupid, they let Rolle go because they didnt want to give him a roster bonus I believe, not smart , they give Boldin away for a so so deal . Then they grab this dude as a replacement for Rolle.

Exactly. After the Jets traded for Cromartie the Jets GM stated they weren't going to trade Rhodes. He was "excited" to have Rhodes behind Revis and Cromartie and said positive things about him. Now with this trade it was clearly a ploy to get something for him. The Cardinals bit and the Jets were happy to oblige.

IMO Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is one of the best in the business. Not quite as well known as some of the other "elite" GM's around the league, Tannenbaum has worked brilliantly in the draft, FA and trades since taking over as GM for the Jets. IMO this team is on the rise and he deserves a great deal of credit.

Also, Rhodes was due a $2 million roster bonus on March 12th. IMO there was no way he was ever going to see that money. Very disliked in the locker room because all he cared about was himself. Now that he's in Arizona, he'll be able to pursue his hollywood acting career. Since that's all he seems to care about. He didn't get the Kerry "Hollywood" Rhodes moniker for nothing.

Originally posted by Dajanksta:

lol he "earned" his starting job back from Eric Smith..... exactly.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Lol well you cant say hes no better than Roman
now Ryan Clark I believe If we was really worried about Michael Lewis not being able to play next season he'd be our target. So Im glad we didnt get took for Rhodes.

Lol well you cant say hes no better than Roman

yeah i did, i beleive he's a younger Roman thats not good but not a total waste . But definately Az looks the fool in terms of their offseason thus far.
Quote:
Atlanta is on verge of trading CB Chris Houston to Detroit for a 2010 sixth-round pick and a switch of draft positions in fifth round.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/10145234460
Share 49ersWebzone