LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 310 users in the forums

Cardinals got Rhodes with 4th and 7th rd.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
who cares
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Seriously guys...? You would have traded a 4th rounder for Kerry Rhodes? He was good 2-3 years ago and has been average at best but gets paid like a top safety. Rolle got over-paid, but at least he is a player who is improving at his position. I rather over-pay someone like that, instead of someone who is in decline.

Not to mention...he is a STRONG safety, just like Wilson. Neither of these guys can play FS effectively. The Cards FO just let go of Dansby and Rolle (with nothin' to show for it) and Boldin for a 3rd rounder, but they will be paying close to 11-12 million dollars to two strong safeties this year. I don't know what the Cardinals are doing.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Seriously guys...? You would have traded a 4th rounder for Kerry Rhodes? He was good 2-3 years ago and has been average at best but gets paid like a top safety. Rolle got over-paid, but at least he is a player who is improving at his position. I rather over-pay someone like that, instead of someone who is in decline.

Not to mention...he is a STRONG safety, just like Wilson. Neither of these guys can play FS effectively. The Cards FO just let go of Dansby and Rolle (with nothin' to show for it) and Boldin for a 3rd rounder, but they will be paying close to 11-12 million dollars to two strong safeties this year. I don't know what the Cardinals are doing.

They're trying to stop the bleeding. Unfortunately for the Cards, Rolle and Dansby were pretty much the cream of the crop in this weak FA class. They didn't really stand a chance resigning them.

Rhodes is a good stop-gap, but compared to Rolle, they're going lose a lot in deep coverage. Still, I think he's very capable of handling the FS spot.

As for Dansby, that's a big loss too, but ILBs in the 3-4 aren't very difficult to find. He'll be replaced. Boldin's trade doesn't really hurt them either, IMO. They didn't miss a beat without him. Warner is the kicker. They are nothing without him.
[ Edited by strickac on Mar 7, 2010 at 6:56 AM ]
who cares
Originally posted by English:
who cares
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Welcome to Arizona Kerry.

Expect to not see the bench much since your offence won't be able to move the ball. Courtesy of your QB Matt Leinart.

They will likely focus on being much more smashmouth with the 2 talented RB's in Chris Wells and Tim Hightower and to alleviate some of the pressure on Leinart.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Yes they would have. Being an all pro 3 years means 49er fans desperately want you, just like the same who got pissed we didn't get Cromartie. So in essence Scot sucks, he is McClueless. If we do get those guys and they don't play like they did 3 years ago, Scot sucks and he is McClueless and our position coaches suck too.

Don't ever blame the player, blame the GM and coaches.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Is Bill Davis still the Defensive Co. of the team?
Didn't the Cards allow +130 points in the playoffs?

I'm snoring on this move and wake me up when Arizona hires a real defensive guru.
[ Edited by lazy on Mar 7, 2010 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I'm not familiar with Rhodes. 4th and 7th sounds good if he's going to be a starter

That is what I am saying only a 4th and a 7th for a proven vet. While the 49ers are busy scrubbing David Carr's mediocre balls. .

This is what always p**s me off. Good deals are out there to be had. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hilarious - ROFL Large measure of truth.

What are we going to do with our lower picks? Probably draft a middle linebacker and try to convert him into a FB.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Mar 7, 2010 at 10:13 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Rhodes is not very good, my best friend being a Jets fan keeps telling me how he messes up. Then again for a 4th and 7th its not like they are giving up much.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:

I'm snoring on this move and wake me up when Arizona hires a real defensive guru.

No 90.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by English:
who cares
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by lazy:

No 90.
Vernon Davis.
Zzzzzzzz..Ahem...I said wake me up when Arizona hires a real defensive guru.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Upgrade over Rolle.

yea because Rolle went to the Pro Bowl while Rhodes got benched last year.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
lol I'm surprised the Jets even got this much for this scrub. With his crappy contract and not living up to it, I'm surprised they didn't just cut him. To get a 4th rounder for him is a blessing IMO.

He's a prima donna and was bad for the Jets locker room. Got benched for his bad play early in the year and blamed everyone else but himself. Got into shouting matches with coaches and never bought into Rex Ryans system.

As someone that likes the Jets as well, I'm very happy he's coming to the 49ers division. We'll see first hand that he's very weak tackler(scared is probably a better word) and likes to free lance to pad his stats. Good riddance.

At least now Leinart will have somehow to go clubbin with.

^this guy watches football
Share 49ersWebzone