There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cardinals got Rhodes with 4th and 7th rd.

I'd rather grab Earl Thomas in the draft.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the New York Jets have traded Rhodes to the Arizona Cardinals for a fourth-round pick this year and a seventh-round pick next year.

For the Cardinals, they pick up a safety a day after Antrel Rolle signed with the New York Giants. For the Jets, they get rid of a safety who was unhappy with his role in the defense in 2009.

The trade comes just a day after Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum told reporters that Rhodes will receive his $2 million roster bonus on March 12 and be on the team for the 2010 season. General managers don't always tell the truth.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
who cares

Exactly, he hasn't done s**t since 2006.

Jets had the best pass defence in the league last year....

they also only played 4 teams that were good at passing the ball.
How good is Rhodes? Cause a 4th and a 7th is pretty small price to pay for a starting safety.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=138746&page=1
i always tought rhodes was good but he got benched last year?
Not a big deal, their version of our Roman.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'd rather grab Earl Thomas in the draft.

Originally posted by steiber:

Wrong again. Rhodes is a very good safety that did not fit Ryan's scheme. And he played much better after being benched.

PFF consistently has him rated as one of the best safeties in the league.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I'm not familiar with Rhodes. 4th and 7th sounds good if he's going to be a starter

That is what I am saying only a 4th and a 7th for a proven vet. While the 49ers are busy scrubbing David Carr's mediocre balls. BTW Rhodes is pretty good safety before Rex Ryan got there. He probably just don't fit with their style main reason his production fell.

this is only bc mc clueless likes to hold onto his picks only to fuk them up and torture us more

I wonder what the hell could we get with our 4th and 7th rd. Another practice squad scrubs.

There's actually some nice looking safety prospects that could be there in the 4th round.

And we got Goldson in the 4th.....
Rhodes is actually a good safety that is good in run support and plays well against the pass. Last year he was inconsistent but the guy has played at a high level before and i just hope he doesn't with the cards.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
lol I'm surprised the Jets even got this much for this scrub. With his crappy contract and not living up to it, I'm surprised they didn't just cut him. To get a 4th rounder for him is a blessing IMO.

He's a prima donna and was bad for the Jets locker room. Got benched for his bad play early in the year and blamed everyone else but himself. Got into shouting matches with coaches and never bought into Rex Ryans system.

As someone that likes the Jets as well, I'm very happy he's coming to the 49ers division. We'll see first hand that he's very weak tackler(scared is probably a better word) and likes to free lance to pad his stats. Good riddance.

At least now Leinart will have somehow to go clubbin with.

I can recall reading on multiple occassions that Rhodes is horrible in the locker room.
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Totally bummed.... Really wanted this guy.. Posted that in this forum last month!! And i feel that we could have given those picks to..Just my opinion but damn!!
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by steiber:

Wrong again. Rhodes is a very good safety that did not fit Ryan's scheme. And he played much better after being benched.

PFF consistently has him rated as one of the best safeties in the league.
You and I will just have to differ, the games I watched when he played didn't impress me. He's an average safety, I didn't see anything special about him.
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Well the Rex ryan D pefers safties that are real rangy ... He is a SS that was told to play FS last yr..
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home