There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Arizona cardinals

^^ I know
Looks like they may sign Larry Foote and Joey Porter.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Bring it.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by NattoNiner:
Originally posted by WINiner:
If we don't win the division this year then we never will. (dont actually mean never )

If we don't win the division this year, I want Scott, Sing, and the rest of our coaches/personale folks fired. Dennis Erickson/Terry Dumbahue style.

I like Singletary a lot, and think he is a good coach. But Shanahan was there. I would have killed to have shanahan back here.

Why do you think he's a good coach? Because he can motivate? Haha, tell me something else....

I like how Singletary can identify when things aren't working. Benching JTO, making Martz be more conservative, then benching Hill knowing he wouldn't be good enough, implementing a spread offense.

In 2008 we were 2-5, considering he was named coach on Tuesday i find it hard to count the game that Sunday as him being HC (Seattle game). After the bye week we went 5-3, 1 of those losses was to Arizona (lost by 1 measly yard) another loss was to Miami and we were very very close in that game despite not having our best offensive player in Gore. Arizona went on to the Superbowl and Miami were 11-5.

Last year we were 8-8 (last time we had a better record was 2002), lost to Minnesota on a last second hail mary pass, refs and the players threw away the Seattle game and were very close with teams like Indy and Green Bay.

Point is this team isn't even that good. QB is maybe mediocre and thats a stretch, o-line is trash, WR's are way overrated and extremely inexperienced, worst returners in the NFL. Defense is good enough but the offense is a joke.

We were very close to a 10-6 season and with some offensive improvements i foresee a 10-6 season this year barring major injuries. Singletary is a good coach, not a great one but he is good.

You can be ignorant if you want and say any coach could have done as well as Singletary did and come so very close to playoffs, but I recognize that considering it was his 1st full year as a coach he did a good job. He'll get better, with a good draft we should be playoff bound and you never know what can happen come playoffs.

But you would have killed to have Shanahan?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

They will now be known as Jarry Poote and Loey Forter.
If we don't win the division this year then we never will. (dont actually mean never )

If we don't win the division this year, I want Scott, Sing, and the rest of our coaches/personale folks fired. Dennis Erickson/Terry Dumbahue style.

I like Singletary a lot, and think he is a good coach. But Shanahan was there. I would have killed to have shanahan back here.

Why do you think he's a good coach? Because he can motivate? Haha, tell me something else....

I like how Singletary can identify when things aren't working. Benching JTO, making Martz be more conservative, then benching Hill knowing he wouldn't be good enough, implementing a spread offense.

In 2008 we were 2-5, considering he was named coach on Tuesday i find it hard to count the game that Sunday as him being HC (Seattle game). After the bye week we went 5-3, 1 of those losses was to Arizona (lost by 1 measly yard) another loss was to Miami and we were very very close in that game despite not having our best offensive player in Gore. Arizona went on to the Superbowl and Miami were 11-5.

Last year we were 8-8 (last time we had a better record was 2002), lost to Minnesota on a last second hail mary pass, refs and the players threw away the Seattle game and were very close with teams like Indy and Green Bay.

Point is this team isn't even that good. QB is maybe mediocre and thats a stretch, o-line is trash, WR's are way overrated and extremely inexperienced, worst returners in the NFL. Defense is good enough but the offense is a joke.

We were very close to a 10-6 season and with some offensive improvements i foresee a 10-6 season this year barring major injuries. Singletary is a good coach, not a great one but he is good.

You can be ignorant if you want and say any coach could have done as well as Singletary did and come so very close to playoffs, but I recognize that considering it was his 1st full year as a coach he did a good job. He'll get better, with a good draft we should be playoff bound and you never know what can happen come playoffs.

You forgot Frank Gore and Vernon Davis! How can an offense be a joke when you have a pro bowl, arguably the best all around HB in the league. The fastest, most explosive young talented pro bowl TE in the league., and A HIGHLY talented rookie WR in Crabtree.. Maybe a RT and G away from being a contender, and if Alex can put it all together, or we find another QB.. we are alot closer than alot of people think..
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

You forgot Frank Gore and Vernon Davis! How can an offense be a joke when you have a pro bowl, arguably the best all around HB in the league. The fastest, most explosive young talented pro bowl TE in the league., and A HIGHLY talented rookie WR in Crabtree.. Maybe a RT and G away from being a contender, and if Alex can put it all together, or we find another QB.. we are alot closer than alot of people think..

Gore is not the best all around RB in the league. When you have a s**tty o-line and your QB is maybe mediocre, along with major inexperience and lack of talent (besides Crabtree) at WR, then your offense is a joke.

With 2 good picks on the line and a nice addition like a Spiller or Dez Bryant will get this offense going. Heck im hugely in favor of bringing TO back for a year to kick start the offense.
Quote:
Arizona is far from convinced that Matt Leinart is its short- or long-term answer at quarterback. His work ethic and commitment continue to be questioned, I’m told by sources in the Cardinals building. It would surprise me if Leinart is the starter on opening day, especially if the team is able to sign Charlie Whitehurst from the Chargers. Whitehurst is a hard worker, dedicated teammate and willing to pay the price to be a starter in the NFL.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html
Ex-Lion Larry Foote set to rejoin Steelers

Of course. Shanahan does have 2 Superbowls and his record as a HC is excellent.
Now that Joey Porter has signed with the Cards, do you guys think he will be a major facotr?
[ Edited by WillisOnThree on Mar 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by WillisOnThree:
Now that Joey Porter has signed with the Cards, do you guys think he will be a major facotr?

Dansby > porter
VD pwns Joey Porter, nuff said....
f*ck man.

''Mcnabb to Fitzgerald for six.''

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
f*ck man.

''Mcnabb to Fitzgerald for six.''

not going to happen, at least not this season