LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Arizona cardinals

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
If we don't win the division this year then we never will. (dont actually mean never )

If we don't win the division this year, I want Scott, Sing, and the rest of our coaches/personnel folks fired. Dennis Erickson/Terry Dumbahue style.
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:28 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
If we don't win the division this year then we never will. (dont actually mean never )

If we don't win the division this year, I want Scott, Sing, and the rest of our coaches/personale folks fired. Dennis Erickson/Terry Dumbahue style.

I like Singletary a lot, and think he is a good coach. But Shanahan was there. I would have killed to have shanahan back here.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
After being overly optimistic each of the past 3 years, I am not ready to say that the niners are better than an 8-8 team, which is something I have done and have been continuously let down.

Maybe Arizona does regress, but maybe they don't, maybe the Seahawks get better, maybe they won't. We can't place our hope that the other teams in the division suck more than they did last year, because teams will always come out of the woodworks and surprise the NFL with a quality of play that is unexpected. Until the 49ers can find a way to stop being so mediocre every year and finally get their s**t together, we will most likely not win the division IMHO.

Why cant that be us though? I cant believe how far we fell in 04-05 that it has taken 6 years to rebuild. I agree though, I've been predicting 10 wins since 06 and i've been let down every year... I"m just gonna believe it when I see it.

Oh it absolutely can be us, no doubt about it. But I thought it was going to be us last year, the year before that and the year before that, and so did alot of people. This team has been running in place despite many improvements and have not been able to take the next step. I'm optimistic, but I'm not going to declare us division winners anymore until I see results on the field.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
After being overly optimistic each of the past 3 years, I am not ready to say that the niners are better than an 8-8 team, which is something I have done and have been continuously let down.

Maybe Arizona does regress, but maybe they don't, maybe the Seahawks get better, maybe they won't. We can't place our hope that the other teams in the division suck more than they did last year, because teams will always come out of the woodworks and surprise the NFL with a quality of play that is unexpected. Until the 49ers can find a way to stop being so mediocre every year and finally get their s**t together, we will most likely not win the division IMHO.

Why cant that be us though? I cant believe how far we fell in 04-05 that it has taken 6 years to rebuild. I agree though, I've been predicting 10 wins since 06 and i've been let down every year... I"m just gonna believe it when I see it.

Oh it absolutely can be us, no doubt about it. But I thought it was going to be us last year, the year before that and the year before that, and so did alot of people. This team has been running in place despite many improvements and have not been able to take the next step. I'm optimistic, but I'm not going to declare us division winners anymore until I see results on the field.

Lack of QB play..everyone knows this. This season will all depend on Smith and the OL, if either of those suck ass then we will not be in the playoffs. Our D right now is good enough to be in the playoffs, sure we still need a few key positions filled but the D isn't the issue.

If Smith does end up sucking then we will continue to suck until we find a franchise QB. It's that simple. At least we are a lot closer than we were before

If we don't win the division this year, I want Scott, Sing, and the rest of our coaches/personale folks fired. Dennis Erickson/Terry Dumbahue style.

I like Singletary a lot, and think he is a good coach. But Shanahan was there. I would have killed to have shanahan back here.

Why do you think he's a good coach? Because he can motivate? Haha, tell me something else....
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NattoNiner:

Why do you think he's a good coach? Because he can motivate? Haha, tell me something else....

I like how Singletary can identify when things aren't working. Benching JTO, making Martz be more conservative, then benching Hill knowing he wouldn't be good enough, implementing a spread offense.

In 2008 we were 2-5, considering he was named coach on Tuesday i find it hard to count the game that Sunday as him being HC (Seattle game). After the bye week we went 5-3, 1 of those losses was to Arizona (lost by 1 measly yard) another loss was to Miami and we were very very close in that game despite not having our best offensive player in Gore. Arizona went on to the Superbowl and Miami were 11-5.

Last year we were 8-8 (last time we had a better record was 2002), lost to Minnesota on a last second hail mary pass, refs and the players threw away the Seattle game and were very close with teams like Indy and Green Bay.

Point is this team isn't even that good. QB is maybe mediocre and thats a stretch, o-line is trash, WR's are way overrated and extremely inexperienced, worst returners in the NFL. Defense is good enough but the offense is a joke.

We were very close to a 10-6 season and with some offensive improvements i foresee a 10-6 season this year barring major injuries. Singletary is a good coach, not a great one but he is good.

You can be ignorant if you want and say any coach could have done as well as Singletary did and come so very close to playoffs, but I recognize that considering it was his 1st full year as a coach he did a good job. He'll get better, with a good draft we should be playoff bound and you never know what can happen come playoffs.

I like how Singletary can identify when things aren't working. Benching JTO, making Martz be more conservative, then benching Hill knowing he wouldn't be good enough, implementing a spread offense.

In 2008 we were 2-5, considering he was named coach on Tuesday i find it hard to count the game that Sunday as him being HC (Seattle game). After the bye week we went 5-3, 1 of those losses was to Arizona (lost by 1 measly yard) another loss was to Miami and we were very very close in that game despite not having our best offensive player in Gore. Arizona went on to the Superbowl and Miami were 11-5.

Last year we were 8-8 (last time we had a better record was 2002), lost to Minnesota on a last second hail mary pass, refs and the players threw away the Seattle game and were very close with teams like Indy and Green Bay.

Point is this team isn't even that good. QB is maybe mediocre and thats a stretch, o-line is trash, WR's are way overrated and extremely inexperienced, worst returners in the NFL. Defense is good enough but the offense is a joke.

We were very close to a 10-6 season and with some offensive improvements i foresee a 10-6 season this year barring major injuries. Singletary is a good coach, not a great one but he is good.

You can be ignorant if you want and say any coach could have done as well as Singletary did and come so very close to playoffs, but I recognize that considering it was his 1st full year as a coach he did a good job. He'll get better, with a good draft we should be playoff bound and you never know what can happen come playoffs.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

• flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by pelos21:

Quote:
My friends are calling me crazy for predicting that the Cards will go 10-6 despite losing Warner, Boldin, Dansby.

I'm just really confident in Leinarts ability and I am confident in this front office.

I was born in SF and was a huge Niners fan all of my life(even when i lived in Arizona) but I got tired of them sucking and not rooting for where I lived so I became a Cards fan at the beginning of the year they went to the superbowl. I did not have season tickets that year, this last year but I am signing up for them this year.

I am confident!

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?p=673031&posted=1#post673031

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 11, 2010 at 11:45 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Quote:
My friends are calling me crazy for predicting that the Cards will go 10-6 despite losing Warner, Boldin, Dansby.

I'm just really confident in Leinarts ability and I am confident in this front office.

I was born in SF and was a huge Niners fan all of my life(even when i lived in Arizona) but I got tired of them sucking and not rooting for where I lived so I became a Cards fan at the beginning of the year they went to the superbowl. I did not have season tickets that year, this last year but I am signing up for them this year.

I am confident!

haha pretty much sums up their fanbase right there
Quote:

I am confident!

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Quote:

I am confident!

-9fA

Quote:
Haha so you're a bandwagon fan..nice! lol
Quote:

If he gets season tickets and shows up in Cardinal red, then who cares?
Quote:

It doesn't matter what people call me haha.

All I know is that before that year I was rooting for both the Cards and the 49ers(except when they played each other than I was rooting for the Cards). but that year I completely stopped rooting for the 49ers, watched every Cardinal game, paid money to go to the NFC championship game, watched every game last year and am now buying season tickets this year whereas most Cardinal "fans" are down and depressed saying "same old cardinals" and are considering abandoning ship.
Quote:

Yea but if things don't go well for us this year I bet you're right back off the bandwagon. Good thing nobody will miss you
Quote:

I'll take that bet. What are the terms?
Quote:

wasn't a bet it was a fact.
Quote:

edit: damn I f**ked up the quotes lol...everything there is from the forum if anyone gets confused lol
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Quote:

I am confident!

-9fA

Quote:
Haha so you're a bandwagon fan..nice! lol
Quote:

If he gets season tickets and shows up in Cardinal red, then who cares?
Quote:

It doesn't matter what people call me haha.

All I know is that before that year I was rooting for both the Cards and the 49ers(except when they played each other than I was rooting for the Cards). but that year I completely stopped rooting for the 49ers, watched every Cardinal game, paid money to go to the NFC championship game, watched every game last year and am now buying season tickets this year whereas most Cardinal "fans" are down and depressed saying "same old cardinals" and are considering abandoning ship.
Quote:

Yea but if things don't go well for us this year I bet you're right back off the bandwagon. Good thing nobody will miss you
Quote:

I'll take that bet. What are the terms?
Quote:

wasn't a bet it was a fact.
Quote:

edit: damn I f**ked up the quotes lol...everything there is from the forum if anyone gets confused lol
LOL his handle is KerryRhodes26
Share 49ersWebzone