Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by King49er:
f**k Arizona
Adam Shefter was just on ESPN and said Porter and Foote both wanted to play together and would like to do it in AZ.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
It's our division to lose, time to take the next step.
Ah, back to being mediocre again.
I'm more scared of the seahawks. Forsett is a beast
Not even his coach has faith in Matt Leinart, cause he sucks balls
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I am to. I said that before.
  • flow
  • Veteran

Quote:
Though Whisenhunt said he has a "great deal" of confidence in Leinart, Whisenhunt also said that he won't hand the job to the tenth overall pick in the 2006 draft until he "goes to three Pro Bowls" and the Super Bowl.

So, in other words, the job will never be handed to Leinart.

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I am to. I said that before.

They have had the injury bug but I still think it's a 3 man race to win the West. I'm definitely not writing the Seahawks off, they could have a good draft and be a lot better than they were this year. But it will still be interesting to see how players respond to Carroll.
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:

Quote:
Though Whisenhunt said he has a "great deal" of confidence in Leinart, Whisenhunt also said that he won't hand the job to the tenth overall pick in the 2006 draft until he "goes to three Pro Bowls" and the Super Bowl.

So, in other words, the job will never be handed to Leinart.

At least he didn't say "Til he's nominated to the HOF" so there "IS" a chance he'll start.
After being overly optimistic each of the past 3 years, I am not ready to say that the niners are better than an 8-8 team, which is something I have done and have been continuously let down.

Maybe Arizona does regress, but maybe they don't, maybe the Seahawks get better, maybe they won't. We can't place our hope that the other teams in the division suck more than they did last year, because teams will always come out of the woodworks and surprise the NFL with a quality of play that is unexpected. Until the 49ers can find a way to stop being so mediocre every year and finally get their s**t together, we will most likely not win the division IMHO.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
After being overly optimistic each of the past 3 years, I am not ready to say that the niners are better than an 8-8 team, which is something I have done and have been continuously let down.

Maybe Arizona does regress, but maybe they don't, maybe the Seahawks get better, maybe they won't. We can't place our hope that the other teams in the division suck more than they did last year, because teams will always come out of the woodworks and surprise the NFL with a quality of play that is unexpected. Until the 49ers can find a way to stop being so mediocre every year and finally get their s**t together, we will most likely not win the division IMHO.

Why cant that be us though? I cant believe how far we fell in 04-05 that it has taken 6 years to rebuild. I agree though, I've been predicting 10 wins since 06 and i've been let down every year... I"m just gonna believe it when I see it.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
If we don't win the division this year then we never will. (dont actually mean never )
Share 49ersWebzone