LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault (suspended 6 games)

Shop 49ers game tickets
6 game suspension.

What a bunch of bulls**t.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
6 game suspension.

6 game suspension.

get your ass the the mlb draft current players
6 game suspension.

Why does it affect you so?
6 game suspension.

no way he serves all 6 games, unless he's hopelessly stupid. He'll serve 4 and be back after the bye. The league did Pitt a favor with the scheduling.
mattbarrows- I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't see Jed bringing in someone with BR's poor reputation. @matthews2285 chances Big Ben is 49er?
6 game suspension.

lol No, I told you what happened and you ignored it and just pretend its bulls**t. But if you read the police report, you'd realize that it's not that he's definitively not guilty, it's that the investigation was botched.
Why is he suspended? He didn't do anything. Big Ben seems like a standup guy to me. He should play from game #1 with no deduction in pay.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why is he suspended? He didn't do anything. Big Ben seems like a standup guy to me. He should play from game #1 with no deduction in pay.

it must be jealousy.
Originally posted by danimal:

it must be jealousy.

What did he do wrong to be suspended? He's been a standup guy all his life. He's never been arrested in his life. He's never had any charges filed against him for anything. He's never been convicted of anything in his life. Big Ben is as squeaky clean as they come.

it must be jealousy.

What did he do wrong to be suspended? He's been a standup guy all his life. He's never been arrested in his life. He's never had any charges filed against him for anything. He's never been convicted of anything in his life. Big Ben is as squeaky clean as they come.

Dont start this again. go to NFL.com or ESPN.com find one of the articles about it and it explains why he was suspended

it must be jealousy.

I am serious. They must be jealous of him. I mean cmon, his nickname is "BIG" Ben. If you are lucky enough to get tapped on the shoulder by his bodyguard you get to have sex in a dirty bathroom with "BIG" Ben. Thats pimp man. Who would not be jealous.

Why do you think he was suspended?
Originally posted by valrod33:

it must be jealousy.

Dont start this again. go to NFL.com or ESPN.com find one of the articles about it and it explains why he was suspended

Start what? He hasn't done anything. For all we know he is as squeaky clean as a choir boy. He's just been conviced in the court of public opinion and the court of the 49ersWebzone. But he's never done anything wrong in his life.

I don't see anything that warrants a suspension. Your taking away a mans right to work. It's just wrong and uncalled for.
On the day Big Ben gets suspended, a DT from the Colts gets nothing for almost the same situation.

LINK

Santonio Holmes broke the law and got suspended. Roethlisberger didn't break any laws and wasn't convicted of anything, yet his suspension is worse than the guy's who actually broke the law.

On top of that, the day Big Ben gets his suspension the Colts announce they won't be disciplining their player for his sexual assault accusations. Why not? Because the police investigated and found that there wasn't enough for a conviction. Sound familiar?

I'm not saying Ben is a Saint but a 6 game suspension seems over-the-top.
[ Edited by foreign49er on Apr 21, 2010 at 2:40 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

it must be jealousy.

Start what? He hasn't done anything. For all we know he is as squeaky clean as a choir boy. He's just been conviced in the court of public opinion and the court of the 49ersWebzone. But he's never done anything wrong in his life.

I don't see anything that warrants a suspension. Your taking away a mans right to work. It's just wrong and uncalled for.

"The Personal Conduct Policy makes clear that I may impose discipline 'even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime' as, for example, where the conduct 'imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person,'" Goodell stated in his letter to Roethlisberger.

"As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The Personal Conduct Policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that 'undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.' By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard."

More excerpts from Goodell's letter to the Steelers quarterback:

• "I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

• "Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare."

• "I believe it is essential that you take full advantage of the resources available to you. My ultimate disposition in this matter will be influenced by the extent to which you do so, what you learn as a result, and a demonstrated commitment to making positive change in your life."

• "In your six years in the NFL, you have first thrilled and now disappointed a great many people. I urge you to take full advantage of this opportunity to get your life and career back on track."
Share 49ersWebzone