There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sources: Lions to Acquire Williams

Lions are making moves.

They have reached an agreement on a 5-year deal with Nate Burleson.

Busy Friday morning for that front office.
Solid start for Detroit. A D-Line with; Suh, Corey Williams, KVB and Cliff Avril would be pretty decent
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Solid start for Detroit. A D-Line with; Suh, Corey Williams, KVB and Cliff Avril would be pretty decent

Avril may still only play on passing downs but yeah that would be a real bonus for Suh to be able to play with some good talent up front from the onset and take a little pressure off of him as a rookie.
I am rooting for the Lions. I have liked the Lions since Barry Sanders and I hope they have some success. I like how they are getting some decent veteran talent to fill up some holes on that porous defense. I see them possibly taking Okung now if they can't trade down.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Avril may still only play on passing downs but yeah that would be a real bonus for Suh to be able to play with some good talent up front from the onset and take a little pressure off of him as a rookie.

Thats true, if I'm Detroit I'm thinking, lets add Suh at #2 in the draft and then go CB in early round 2 like a Kyle Wilson. They would then have some ok talent on defense when you factor in Ernie Sims, Julian Peterson and Louis Delmas as well as the other guys we mentioned.
The Lions...

were players go to die
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
The Lions...

were players go to die

LOL no sir that would be the RAIDERS
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
The Lions...

were players go to die

LOL no sir that would be the RAIDERS

And the Bears
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If we get Trent Williams with the 13th pick, the 49ers should seriously consider trading down with a team like the Lions. Love it or hate it, most of our starters are locked into place:

QB: Smith
RB: Gore
TE: Davis
WR: Crabtree, Morgan

OT: Staley (And then Williams)
OG: Baas - Rachal (Could Upgrade)
C: Heitmann

DE: Smith, Sopoaga (could upgrade)
NT: Franklin

LB: Lawson, Haralson, Willis, Spikes (could upgrade)
DB: Clements, Spencer, Goldson, Lewis (need depth)

With a draft that's deep with defensive players, and an expected run on OTs early, we could trade our 17th for the Lions 2nd and 3rd round draft picks. They get a blue-chip OT prospect in Charles Brown, Bryan Bulaga, or Anthony Davis, and we get additional flexibility to secure depth for our need positions and special teams players.
Nice pickup for the Lions along with Vanden Bosh.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice pickup for the Lions along with Vanden Bosh.

And they could still upgrade by drafting...

A man named Suh

or

The Real McCoy

Both play the three technique, thered be no nose to take up blockers. Rarely are both of your DT's penetration guys.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Both play the three technique, thered be no nose to take up blockers. Rarely are both of your DT's penetration guys.

Does McCoy play 3-technique? Suh could very well go to St.Louis