There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rumor: per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks about McNNabb.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Does McNabb have a no-trade clause??

no, just a "Santa Clause".

Much rather have him as a Ram than a Cardinal.

The Cards have a pretty good line, great WRs, an emerging RB, and a stable defense. The rams would get him murdered after the first two games.

Here's to hoping McNabb goes to StL and the Zona Defense regresses w/out Dansby and Rolle
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Does McNabb have a no-trade clause??

no, just a "Santa Clause".


not to forget that special clause he has where he does not play in over time.
stupid move if they do it. McNabb is injury prone behind a good O-line.... he'd get slaughtered behind the Rams O-Line.

by they time their supporting cast would be ready, mcnabb's gonna be done.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
stupid move if they do it. McNabb is injury prone behind a good O-line.... he'd get slaughtered behind the Rams O-Line.

by they time their supporting cast would be ready, mcnabb's gonna be done.

feel bad for him having to meet Patrick Willis twice with the O-Line and Recievers they have.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
LOL

McRibbs as a Ram wouldn't last past week 4.

This...

Any injuries McNabb had in the past would pale in comparison to the kind of beating he would take behind the Rams o-line.
No reason to laugh, he willl make their team better, even if they don't compete
So just to clarify:

The 49ers shouldn't go after McNabb because of what? Is it more of a belief in Smith or the other backups or because you believe McNabb really wouldn't be an upgrade from what we currently have?

I keep seeing the "he sucks' and "he's overrated" posts, but that isn't really a reason to not go after him especially when he is clearly better than what you currently have. And the same goes for "overrated". Just because one is considered overrated doesn't mean they cant help your team when what you now have under center is not even close to his talent. Just wondering.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
So just to clarify:

The 49ers shouldn't go after McNabb because of what? Is it more of a belief in Smith or the other backups or because you believe McNabb really wouldn't be an upgrade from what we currently have?

I keep seeing the "he sucks' and "he's overrated" posts, but that isn't really a reason to not go after him especially when he is clearly better than what you currently have. And the same goes for "overrated". Just because one is considered overrated doesn't mean they cant help your team when what you now have under center is not even close to his talent. Just wondering.

Are you trying to use logic around here?

Good luck with that
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
So just to clarify:

The 49ers shouldn't go after McNabb because of what? Is it more of a belief in Smith or the other backups or because you believe McNabb really wouldn't be an upgrade from what we currently have?

I keep seeing the "he sucks' and "he's overrated" posts, but that isn't really a reason to not go after him especially when he is clearly better than what you currently have. And the same goes for "overrated". Just because one is considered overrated doesn't mean they cant help your team when what you now have under center is not even close to his talent. Just wondering.

Because he doesn't run the same offense as we do. And we've had enough changes, we need to be consistent for once.

Also because he's only got 2-3 years left in him, so it's not worth trading away a 1st round pick.

I don't think he'd work out here at all.
Sorry but the Rams need a hell of a lot more than McNabb to do much
Originally posted by Youngone:
Sorry but the Rams need a hell of a lot more than McNabb to do much

It would help them a lot though.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Sorry but the Rams need a hell of a lot more than McNabb to do much

It would help them a lot though.

Maybe, maybe it wouldn't. I don't think he'll do much without some weapons on offense. And the only weapon the Rams have is Jackson.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
McNabb to the Rams ? LMAO, we'll kick his ace twice a year now. He doesn't have that line to back him up now.

St.Louis surrendered 25 sacks last year while the beaten up and injury riddled Philly OL surrendered 44.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by GEEK:
They lack reliable weapons at WR and they are awful along the offensive line. With no legit TE weapon as well, I don't think McNabb will prosper in Stl.

In addition, learning a different playbook may lower his performance level. Factor all of that together, and I don't think it would be a wise move.

Most of the consistent playoff teams have drafted their franchise QB or signed him in free agency. I don't see McNabb has the fix to their problems.


yeah depending on how they improve that line and weapons I don't think I'd be too worried for next year

how he adapts to a new playbook will be crucial

The Rams run a WCO. Pat Shurmur is the OC, he was the QB's coach in Philly and was mentored by Andy Reid. Seamless transition.