There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rumor: per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks about McNNabb.

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Mcnabb sucks now, hes not what he used to be, yes he was on teams that beat our ass, but the Eagles have better players than the f**king Rams

you dont know football.

lol, neither do you if you really think adding McNabb is suddenly going to turn the Rams around.

i was joking with val........

I would go out on a limb and say they would compete for the division.

Are you out of your mind? They would NOT be competing for the division.

I agree, anyone who thinks McNabb won't help the rams does NOT know football. Will he make them a contender? No. But he most certainly would upgrade them, OL or not. For those that say he's used to having Djax and Celek, think of this: Who the hell has McNabb had to work with prior to those 2? TO for a season... that sums it up. And that one season he went to the Super Bowl.

Point is, McNabb has spent his whole career surrounded by nobodies at the WR position and he's still been very successful.

I don't know if people on the west coast don't get to watch him as much or what, but McNabb is still a great player. He won't "turn the Rams around", but he'd definitely be an upgrade over (Keith Null?!)
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
who the hell does mcnabb have to throw to in stl?? last time i checked hes not peyton in which he can make any wr look serviceable. mcnabb whos older will be running for his life, i wont be worried

He managed to help lead his team to the NFC Championship with the likes of Todd Pinkston, James Thrash and Fred-Ex.

...with one of the best defenses, best OLs, and best RBs in the league.

20th ranked D in 2003 and they went to the NFC Championship game. The Rams already have a top flight RB, who can run and catch and run right through 1st, 2nd and 3rd level defenders.

The Rams OL again played a heavy portion of the year without the #2 overall pick and can continue to address that line (which again was better than ours last year) and can continue to build the defense as well. They also have a guy in Donnie Avery who could really use a good QB to find him and get the ball in his hands.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by crzy:
Why would people be laughing. Are you kidding me?

Donovan McNabb >>>>> Matt Lienart, Alex Smith, and Matt Hasselbeck combined

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

Yes, McNabb is overrated.

But Donovan McNabb is judged by a different, higher standard because he is on a completely different level than the s**tty quarterbacks of the NFC West.

McNabb is a competent quarterback who has actually proven that he can lead a football team to the playoffs. Something that Matt Leinart and Alex Smith have never ever shown they can do.

Anyone who doesn't want McNabb is just crazy.
My thinking too. If the rams do get him, it is no joke. Say goodbye to two "easy" wins against them. I'm not saying they'll win the division, but to totally dismiss him making a difference is completely retarded. I think I a lot of you underrate how much difference a QB can make, with pieces there or not, and especially when it comes to McNabb.

This. Huckleberry, you really seem to not want to give McNabb his due. The guy is a six time pro bowl selection. You think he made it to Hawaii because of his OL and Westbrook? Get real man.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

But Donovan McNabb is judged by a different, higher standard because he is on a completely different level than the s**tty quarterbacks of the NFC West.

McNabb is a competent quarterback who has actually proven that he can lead a football team to the playoffs. Something that Matt Leinart and Alex Smith have never ever shown they can do.

My thinking too. If the rams do get him, it is no joke. Say goodbye to two "easy" wins against them. I'm not saying they'll win the division, but to totally dismiss him making a difference is completely retarded. I think I a lot of you underrate how much difference a QB can make, with pieces there or not, and especially when it comes to McNabb.

This. Huckleberry, you really seem to not want to give McNabb his due. The guy is a six time pro bowl selection. You think he made it to Hawaii because of his OL and Westbrook? Get real man.

I've seen him play enough, I think he mostly succeeds because of the people around him and because Andy Reid knows how to use him.

I wouldn't be worried one bit if the Rams got McNabb, I'd be laughing my ass off that they traded a 1st rounder for him as they go 4-12.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Yes, McNabb is a choker.

I've seen him play enough, I think he mostly succeeds because of the people around him and because Andy Reid knows how to use him.

I wouldn't be worried one bit if the Rams got McNabb, I'd be laughing my ass off that they traded a 1st rounder for him as they go 4-12.

Pat Shurmur has been McNabb's QB coach and was mentored by Reid so I'd bet he knows how to use him as well.
McNabb to the Rams ? LMAO, we'll kick his ace twice a year now. He doesn't have that line to back him up now.
I don't know if McNabb will make the Rams contender for our division...though that's not such a crazy thought. It's not like we have a really good team in our division that has been winning 10-12 games a year consistently. But, he makes their team tough to sweep...and he will have decent weapons around him. Jackson is one of the best RB, and he alone can catch 80-90 balls on the season. Avery has all the potential in the World to become a pretty damn good Wr and they do have couple of other young WRs and having a QB like McNabb will help them immensely.
i hope he does go to the Rams.
Until I see a link, I'm not believing that anything is happening between the Eagles and the Rams.

On another hand, I do think that McNabb will help with the Rams. I just don't think that it will make them into division contenders overnight though. There are some legit concerns regarding McNabb and if it does happen, I'll be interested to see how it fairs.

-9fA
Jason Avant is better than any of the Rams' receivers. The Rams' O-Line is horrible and McNabb will not turn them around. He would provide them with leadership, however, and they would at least be competitive.

Interesting how people on this board are saying this "he can't do s**t behind their o-line" a bunch yet want to bring in some Veteran to OUR team, where we have a s**t O-Line and it wouldn't help us lol. Sorry, I'm not trying to turn this into an A. Smith thread -- just making an observation.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Jason Avant is better than any of the Rams' receivers. The Rams' O-Line is horrible and McNabb will not turn them around. He would provide them with leadership, however, and they would at least be competitive.

Interesting how people on this board are saying this "he can't do s**t behind their o-line" a bunch yet want to bring in some Veteran to OUR team, where we have a s**t O-Line and it wouldn't help us lol. Sorry, I'm not trying to turn this into an A. Smith thread -- just making an observation.

I would take Donnie Avery over Avant.
McNasty needs to go to Arizona
McNabb would scare me more on the cards than on the rams. The rams would kill his career.
Does McNabb have a no-trade clause??
Originally posted by GEEK:
They lack reliable weapons at WR and they are awful along the offensive line. With no legit TE weapon as well, I don't think McNabb will prosper in Stl.

In addition, learning a different playbook may lower his performance level. Factor all of that together, and I don't think it would be a wise move.

Most of the consistent playoff teams have drafted their franchise QB or signed him in free agency. I don't see McNabb has the fix to their problems.

yeah depending on how they improve that line and weapons I don't think I'd be too worried for next year

how he adapts to a new playbook will be crucial