There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sproles to be UFA

• BobS
  • Veteran
He average 3.7 yards a carry last year, wants to be an every down back, and made 7 million last year, NO THANKS!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
If dumb McCloughan doesn't make this happen he's a moron. This guy could get us in the playoffs with big plays on o and special teams field position. If we don't make a serious run at him we are just stupid.

This.

Is he really the reason they made the playoffs? I would think the Defense and Rivers would have something to say about that. Not getting this guy would, without a doubt, prove McC is a moron? How many years GM'ing do you have? How many SB rings have you won?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize a good football player.

Even the great MM thinks its good move.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/02/why-sproles-would-be-a-good-fit-for-49ers.html

not anymore
MM

I swear MM is a total flip flopper. Sometimes I wonder if he is on the niner payroll.

I bet after he wrote that article yesterday about the 49ers should sign Sproles, he probably got a call from the 49ers and they told him hey we dont wonna spend the money on Sproles so go ahead a write a story about us not wanting him. So the fans dont get to upset when he is not signed by us.

[ Edited by susweel on Feb 27, 2010 at 11:17:42 ]
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I guess the Chargers don't need a running game.

seriously, who the hell do they have in mind ?

a rookie
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I guess the Chargers don't need a running game.

seriously, who the hell do they have in mind ?

a rookie

fresno state guy ? is he really that good ? all i know is that he looks like donald brown
Originally posted by BobS:
He average 3.7 yards a carry last year, wants to be an every down back, and made 7 million last year, NO THANKS!

I would not want to pay him near 7 mil, maybe 4 mil but shoot I don't know s**t about contracts
If dumb McCloughan doesn't make this happen he's a moron. This guy could get us in the playoffs with big plays on o and special teams field position. If we don't make a serious run at him we are just stupid.

This.

Is he really the reason they made the playoffs? I would think the Defense and Rivers would have something to say about that. Not getting this guy would, without a doubt, prove McC is a moron? How many years GM'ing do you have? How many SB rings have you won?

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/02/why-sproles-would-be-a-good-fit-for-49ers.html

not anymore
MM

I swear MM is a total flip flopper. Sometimes I wonder if he is on the niner payroll.

I bet after he wrote that article yesterday about the 49ers should sign Sproles, he probably got a call from the 49ers and they told him hey we dont wonna spend the money on Sproles so go ahead a write a story about us not wanting him. So the fans dont get to upset when he is not signed by us.

How is that flip-flopping?

The first article talked about how Sproles would be a good fit on the team because he fills two needs.

The second article talks about how he probably won't come here because the front office 1. won't pay the high price, and 2. needs to spend the money resigning the players on our own team that are set to become FA's.
Don't kid yourself. MM is a tool for the niners. MB keeps it real and is not afraid to hurt feelings.
Don't kid yourself. MM is a tool for the niners. MB keeps it real and is not afraid to hurt feelings.
I wouldn't mind a Sproles signing.

But not for alot.

We still need a fu*kin OLINE!

How do you figure?

You're just saying things like he's a flip-flopper, when he's not.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

This.

not anymore
MM

The first article talked about how Sproles would be a good fit on the team because he fills two needs.

The second article talks about how he probably won't come here because the front office 1. won't pay the high price, and 2. needs to spend the money resigning the players on our own team that are set to become FA's.

Wrong.

MM obviously found out something in between the time he wrote the first article and when he wrote the second.

He clearly states in the first article that he "thinks it is a realistic possibility" that Sproles comes here. It even mentions how Sproles would fit into the 49ers "budget".

The second article says the opposite.

If that's not flip-flopping I'm not sure what is.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Feb 27, 2010 at 15:47:18 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

This.

not anymore
MM

Wrong.

MM obviously found out something in between the time he wrote the first article and when he wrote the second.

He clearly states in the first article that he "thinks it is a realistic possibility" that Sproles comes here. It even mentions how Sproles would fit into the 49ers "budget".

I think Maiocco went with the scientific method in the two articles:

- He formulated a hypothesis that Sproles would be an ideal fit for the 49ers

- Conducted his research - aka asking NFL and 49er Insiders

- Found out that he was flat out wrong

- Reported his findings

The main problem...you aren't supposed to publish your hypothesis lol.

That was some poor ass reporting by Maiocco.
Originally posted by GEEK:

This.

not anymore
MM

Wrong.

Agreed

[ Edited by GMniner805 on Mar 1, 2010 at 04:00:07 ]