There are 364 users in the forums

Cards player calls Leinart a B%*&$#

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Yes.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Either way I guess that's what he gets for traveling to LA to party on his Tuesday day offs, and doing beer bongs in his hot tube with teens

You've got to be sh!tting me. If there was a single reason to like the guy, it would be for the reason you stated above.
  • lazy
  • Veteran

What?
If the Cards were smart they'd put the cheerleading squad next to the field of play next to him all season. That should motivate him to do something right during plays to impress the females!
Leinart's going to shart in his pants the first time he gets under center against our defense. He's witnessed what we did to his HOF counterpart last year.
Originally posted by lazy:

What?

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
You gotta wonder who that was...a starter or some unknown bench warmer. Either way, doesn't matter because they're correct. I look forward to destroying the Cards w/ him as their starting QB. Leinart couldn't even throw a TD pass last season, but he's good at throwing several INTs. When you can't put up decent #s w/ Boldin/Fitz are your primary WRs, you know you suck!

Leinart did not play much last year but in the few chances he got he did a decent job of making his reads and finding his open targets. He never really has had much of a chance to play since his rookie year so it's kind of unfair to say he sucks because he isn't putting up decent numbers. It's hard to improve when you are the backup QB and are not getting significant game reps. Truth of the matter is his completion % was good and was on par with Alex Smith who certainly hasn't fared any better as a pro to date.

Leinart's future in the NFL as a starter will ride heavily on this season and I'd bet Whiz starts to run the ball a lot more to take pressure off of Leinart. The offense will also be a little different seeing as Leinart's skill set is different than Warner's.

I don't think ML will be great but he can be serviceable starter in the meantime for them and I would not count them out of the NFC West title race. It is still there division to lose.
i WOULD swap Leinart for Smith in a heartbeat
Originally posted by lazy:

What?

oh god, LOL does not have the gravity to express what an awesome comeback this is. Been keeping an eye on you for a while Huck, and this might be your best moment.
Originally posted by Overkill:

Yes.

Originally posted by Shifter:
You gotta wonder who that was...a starter or some unknown bench warmer. Either way, doesn't matter because they're correct. I look forward to destroying the Cards w/ him as their starting QB. Leinart couldn't even throw a TD pass last season, but he's good at throwing several INTs. When you can't put up decent #s w/ Boldin/Fitz are your primary WRs, you know you suck!

Leinart did not play much last year but in the few chances he got he did a decent job of making his reads and finding his open targets. He never really has had much of a chance to play since his rookie year so it's kind of unfair to say he sucks because he isn't putting up decent numbers. It's hard to improve when you are the backup QB and are not getting significant game reps. Truth of the matter is his completion % was good and was on par with Alex Smith who certainly hasn't fared any better as a pro to date.

Leinart's future in the NFL as a starter will ride heavily on this season and I'd bet Whiz starts to run the ball a lot more to take pressure off of Leinart. The offense will also be a little different seeing as Leinart's skill set is different than Warner's.

I don't think ML will be great but he can be serviceable starter in the meantime for them and I would not count them out of the NFC West title race. It is still there division to lose.

18 TDs 12 INTs vs 0 TDs and like 3 INTs despite throwing to Fitz, Breaston, and boldin... I feel freaking sorry for you man.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

18 TDs 12 INTs vs 0 TDs and like 3 INTs despite throwing to Fitz, Breaston, and boldin... I feel freaking sorry for you man.

Yeah, that's got to be the most ridiculous statement that I've read.

-9fA
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I don't think it's a guarantee we beat them. He has much better weapons than we do. Our best WR Crabtree isn't even in the same league as Larry Fitzgerald.

With them and a better qb, we've swept them this year and almost did last year.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Comparing stats from a guy who started multiple games vs a guy who started 2 games and played in a 3rd due to injury is really proving nothing.

Why don't we compare rookie stats then...

Alex Smith

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD
 9   7  84 165 50.9 875 5.3 1 11 
Matt Leinart
 12   11  214 377 56.8 2,547 6.8 11 12

I wouldn't make the trade straight up, or even trade for ML altogether, but your comparison is beyond ridiculous.

Comparing stats from a guy who started multiple games vs a guy who started 2 games and played in a 3rd due to injury is really proving nothing.

Why don't we compare rookie stats then...

Alex Smith

9   7  84 165 50.9 875 5.3 1 11 
Matt Leinart
 12   11  214 377 56.8 2,547 6.8 11 12

I wouldn't make the trade straight up, or even trade for ML altogether, but your comparison is beyond ridiculous.

Umm...I could say your post is ridiculous, too, when you bring up rookie seasons in '05/'06. At least I can agree that I wouldn't trade for him at all. Why don't we just post up total career #s, I think that's a more fair comparison.

Leinart
Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
340 595 57.1 3,893 6.5 14 20 29 212 70.8 46 90 2.0 2 11 3

Smith
Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
660 1,172 56.3 7,029 6.0 37 43 103 642 69.2 111 390 3.5 2 30 14

I reiterate, I'm not much of a Smith supporter, but even I would rather have him leading our team than Leinart. BTW, neither are impressive overall, but Smith is finally showing progress while Leinart isn't. In any case, both will have a full season to prove their worth and Smith is my favorite to continue showing progression and who is more talented of the two.
Share 49ersWebzone