LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Cards player calls Leinart a B%*&$#

Shop 49ers game tickets
Arizona quarterback Matt Leinart will have much to prove as he enters his fifth season in the NFL and replaces Kurt Warner as the Cardinals starter. One teammate recently gave Leinart little chance to become a successful player or even a good leader. “A complete [soft guy],” one Cardinals player said. Ouch.
Yahoo Sports

Not that we didn't know that. But its pretty bad (for him) that there is this feeling around the locker room. I wonder if this was an offensive or defensive player who said that.

Either way I guess that's what he gets for traveling to LA to party on his Tuesday day offs, and doing beer bongs in his hot tube with teens
You gotta wonder who that was...a starter or some unknown bench warmer. Either way, doesn't matter because they're correct. I look forward to destroying the Cards w/ him as their starting QB. Leinart couldn't even throw a TD pass last season, but he's good at throwing several INTs. When you can't put up decent #s w/ Boldin/Fitz are your primary WRs, you know you suck!

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Feb 23, 2010 at 07:55:23 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
You gotta wonder who that was...a starter or some unknown bench warmer. Either way, doesn't matter because they're correct. I look forward to destroying the Cards w/ him as their starting QB. Leinart couldn't even throw a TD pass last season, but he's good at throwing several INTs. When you can't put up decent #s w/ Boldin/Fitz are your primary WRs, you know you suck!

Leinart did not play much last year but in the few chances he got he did a decent job of making his reads and finding his open targets. He never really has had much of a chance to play since his rookie year so it's kind of unfair to say he sucks because he isn't putting up decent numbers. It's hard to improve when you are the backup QB and are not getting significant game reps. Truth of the matter is his completion % was good and was on par with Alex Smith who certainly hasn't fared any better as a pro to date.

Leinart's future in the NFL as a starter will ride heavily on this season and I'd bet Whiz starts to run the ball a lot more to take pressure off of Leinart. The offense will also be a little different seeing as Leinart's skill set is different than Warner's.

I don't think ML will be great but he can be serviceable starter in the meantime for them and I would not count them out of the NFC West title race. It is still there division to lose.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Leinart did not play much last year but in the few chances he got he did a decent job of making his reads and finding his open targets. He never really has had much of a chance to play since his rookie year so it's kind of unfair to say he sucks because he isn't putting up decent numbers. It's hard to improve when you are the backup QB and are not getting significant game reps. Truth of the matter is his completion % was good and was on par with Alex Smith who certainly hasn't fared any better as a pro to date.

Leinart's future in the NFL as a starter will ride heavily on this season and I'd bet Whiz starts to run the ball a lot more to take pressure off of Leinart. The offense will also be a little different seeing as Leinart's skill set is different than Warner's.

I don't think ML will be great but he can be serviceable starter in the meantime for them and I would not count them out of the NFC West title race. It is still there division to lose.

I dunno, I think even S. Hill is a better QB than Leinart. True he played the back up role to Warner, but he's been there for several yrs now. I'm not much of a Smith supporter, but he's the better of the two QBs in comparison. Yeah, he's serviceable, but the Cards won't be airing it out next season. To change offensive scheme to a more run-oriented style makes it easier to plan against them. It'll force Leinart to throw to beat us when they're behind in pts. and I don't think he's got the drive or skill to defeat us through the air.

So, since the Cards won the last two yrs, it is their division to lose...and lose it they will since they're no longer a passing threat type of team. I like our chances to win the NFC West and we should finish w/ at least 5 wins in our division alone.
Smith is a b***h of sorts as well. He needs to grow a pair and become a leader.
I read "[soft guy]" as "p***y," not "b***h," but that's just me.
NVM.

[ Edited by YourHuckleberry on Mar 5, 2010 at 09:00:50 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I read "[soft guy]" as "p***y," not "b***h," but that's just me.

I read it as "NineFourNiner", but whatevah!
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

But dood! He already IS a leader! Let me remind you about that one game in 2006 against the Seahawks. Now, in that game...

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I dunno, I think even S. Hill is a better QB than Leinart. True he played the back up role to Warner, but he's been there for several yrs now. I'm not much of a Smith supporter, but he's the better of the two QBs in comparison. Yeah, he's serviceable, but the Cards won't be airing it out next season. To change offensive scheme to a more run-oriented style makes it easier to plan against them. It'll force Leinart to throw to beat us when they're behind in pts. and I don't think he's got the drive or skill to defeat us through the air.

So, since the Cards won the last two yrs, it is their division to lose...and lose it they will since they're no longer a passing threat type of team. I like our chances to win the NFC West and we should finish w/ at least 5 wins in our division alone.

The argument that he has been there for several years can be applied to Smith as well and judging by the way I've seen them both play it's hard to tell if Smith is truly better than Leinart. Smith definitely played better this year but Leinart has had a few good outings and a few bad ones.

Being a more run oriented team doesn't make them any less of a threat or easier to beat. Not even easier to gameplan against because if you stack the box they have the advantage of having Fitz in single coverage on the outside, albeit Leinart is nowhere near the level of Warner, he can still find ways to try and exploit that matchup. They have 2 good RB's and if they can run the ball effectively they will still be tough to beat. You don't need to be a major threat though the air to be a good team, especially in this division right now. Don't get me wrong I like our chances but I won't write off the defending NFC West champs so easily.
probably dockett lmao

leinart IS a b!tch and i don't see the cards competing with us until they find a quality qb
This could backfire.

Maybe Lienfart will step up his game.

I don't think it's a guarantee we beat them. He has much better weapons than we do. Our best WR Crabtree isn't even in the same league as Larry Fitzgerald.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
This could backfire.

Maybe Lienfart will step up his game.

No, He is a b***h.
Share 49ersWebzone