There are 133 users in the forums

Current players fantasy draft (Lock me up)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
I am going to say this as nice as possible. You must have a pea brain if this is really too confusing. I swear people on this board can't type and chew bubble gum at the same time.

This concept of picking ahead is not that difficult to grasp. Amazing how much mass confusion it caused though.

Due to limitations of the particpants I suggest we go back to the old format, the one where there could be 2-3 days between picks. Sounds EPIC. But hey, at least everything will be in order right.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "confusing". I think the correct term is "f**king retarded".

The idea of having anybody making their pick at any time is absurd. Say you have 10 guys make their selection ahead of somebody...then that guy comes back and chooses a player that was chosen by someone ahead of him. It would f**k everything up, and those 10 guys would have to choose again. In reality, it makes the process longer instead of speeding it up.

Just start this s**t over.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I am going to say this as nice as possible. You must have a pea brain if this is really too confusing. I swear people on this board can't type and chew bubble gum at the same time.

This concept of picking ahead is not that difficult to grasp. Amazing how much mass confusion it caused though.

Due to limitations of the particpants I suggest we go back to the old format, the one where there could be 2-3 days between picks. Sounds EPIC. But hey, at least everything will be in order right.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "confusing". I think the correct term is "f**king retarded".

The idea of having anybody making their pick at any time is absurd. Say you have 10 guys make their selection ahead of somebody...then that guy comes back and chooses a player that was chosen by someone ahead of him. It would f**k everything up, and those 10 guys would have to choose again. In reality, it makes the process longer instead of speeding it up.

retarded? As opposed to what? Opposed to Chief being on the clock for several hours while the person waiting is online, only to have him post "Rex Grossman"!!!

I think you and I have 2 very different views on what retarded is.

Because I think it is pretty f**king retarded when a person is online ready to make their pick, but they have to wait for an indefinite amount of time. And a day later when the person who had been on the clock finally posts, they post something other than their pick. Yeah, that is BRILLIANT. And now guess who is not online anymore, the person who has been f**king ready to for a day and counting.

At least my plan fixed this issue. At least I offer solutions and not just complaints like everyone else.
I get what Danimal is saying.

But

I think the problem with this is it should be in the parking lot or even the other sports forum, thats where a majority of the posters usually are.

Also only people who post regularly should do it.

the drafts do work, just see the NBA one or even the soccer one.

retarded? As opposed to what? Opposed to Chief being on the clock for several hours while the person waiting is online, only to have him post "Rex Grossman"!!!

Because I think it is pretty f**king retarded when a person is online ready to make their pick, but they have to wait for an indefinite amount of time. And a day later when the person who had been on the clock finally posts, they post something other than their pick. Yeah, that is BRILLIANT. And now guess who is not online anymore, the person who has been f**king ready to for a day and counting.

At least my plan fixed this issue. At least I offer solutions and not just complaints like everyone else.

Going in order has worked just fine for every other fantasy draft on this site. Why this draft didn't work out, I have no idea.

And your plan didn't fix the issue, it just made everyone not wanna play anymore. So well done
Originally posted by valrod33:

But

I think the problem with this is it should be in the parking lot or even the other sports forum, thats where a majority of the posters usually are.

Yeah, it really should not be just open to anyone. And you gotta kick people out too. Chief definitely needed to get the boot. We were waiting on him and then he picked Grossman.

Also the person who is running the draft needs to be the one who posts the most frequent in it. I don't think the OP knew what he was getting into.
Originally posted by valrod33:

But

Yeah, it really should not be just open to anyone. And you gotta kick people out too. Chief definitely needed to get the boot. We were waiting on him and then he picked Grossman.

Also the person who is running the draft needs to be the one who posts the most frequent in it. I don't think the OP knew what he was getting into.

Then start a new one, do it in the Parking Lot, I wanna play this thing.

Going in order has worked just fine for every other fantasy draft on this site. Why this draft didn't work out, I have no idea.

And your plan didn't fix the issue, it just made everyone not wanna play anymore. So well done

Bull. Pg 9. Things were going relatively fine, but really slow. Chief had been on the clock for about 15+ hours. He Posts typical jest about not getting his man Willis, then disappears!!!! later he picks Grossman. People waited for the punchline, nothing happened. He is joking or basically quitting or jacking us up. Then someone decides to quit.

It fell apart on pg 9 man, that wasn't me.

[ Edited by danimal on Mar 2, 2010 at 13:22:32 ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
You guys crack me up
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

Maybe you should show us how to make this work even though you can't handle simple concepts.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Lol, this is stupid. I ran an entire band draft that worked pretty well and so what you had to wait a couple hours when it was my turn? I was only up for maybe 3 hours before I made my pick.

You all are far to impatient, you don't have to kick me out cause I quit!

Ha! Haha!

Nipples!

Muhahahahaha!!!
Originally posted by 23zack80:

Maybe you should show us how to make this work even though you can't handle simple concepts.

Its because negative posters rile each other up. Do you realize we had 3 picks in a row in less than 1 hour today. I call that progress. But for some weird reason people started jawing again even though things were looking good.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

Its because negative posters rile each other up. Do you realize we had 3 picks in a row in less than 1 hour today. I call that progress. But for some weird reason people started jawing again even though things were looking good.

We nearly had ten picks in a day and that's too fast for some people I guess.

It's easy to get a lot of picks in if we're letting people pick at random.

There's no problem with going in order, this one just didn't work out because of the people; let's get better people and start over.

Or we could just continue this piece of s**t and do it randomly. So f**k it, here's my 2nd and 3rd picks:

2nd: RB Maurice Jones Drew

3rd: WR Reggie Wayne

It's easy to get a lot of picks in if we're letting people pick at random.

There's no problem with going in order, this one just didn't work out because of the people; let's get better people and start over.

Or we could just continue this piece of s**t and do it randomly. So f**k it, here's my 2nd and 3rd picks:

2nd: RB Maurice Jones Drew

3rd: WR Reggie Wayne

stop being an ass, dude. even tho danimal did take over, his idea worked, and you should only be able to pick if you are 5-10 picks after the current person picking
Share 49ersWebzone