LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

SD trades Cromartie to the Jets (pg 8)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This guy is worth signing if you don't have to give up too much. Having said that it is clear here in SD that his play has dropped off slightly when the pass rush of the Chargers went down. Like when Merriman got hurt. He was less effective as any DB would be with a less effective pass rush.

Corner that doesnt tackle? hows that worth signing? especially on this team theyre gung-ho about stopping the run.

He tackles ok. You can't get caught up in 1 GIF play... His greatest value is in coverage where he is as good or better than any CB we have. Nate Clements is a real good tackler but has struggled some in coverage as of late. Our tackling machine is at LB. It would help if our CB's could cover better.
cromartie for thomas clayton and M. Rob straight up
Looks like he won't be going to the lions http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/01/lions-unlikely-to-trade-for-cromartie/
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
This guy is worth signing if you don't have to give up too much. Having said that it is clear here in SD that his play has dropped off slightly when the pass rush of the Chargers went down. Like when Merriman got hurt. He was less effective as any DB would be with a less effective pass rush.

Corner that doesnt tackle? hows that worth signing? especially on this team theyre gung-ho about stopping the run.

He tackles ok. You can't get caught up in 1 GIF play... His greatest value is in coverage where he is as good or better than any CB we have. Nate Clements is a real good tackler but has struggled some in coverage as of late. Our tackling machine is at LB. It would help if our CB's could cover better.

come on SD why you gotta treat me like a noob? I never mentioned his GIF did i? Ive seen him play enough to see Diego fans moan about his contactitis and that he definitely doesn't tackle ok. He takes way to many risks and while hes better than say Brown and Clements, in coverage, i wouldn't take him over Spencer no way no how. I think Bly/Clements can handle the other CB spot. To top it off our Corners are way too important in the run game to take him.

Id rather draft a good prospect and watch him come up through our system.
The San Diego Chargers have traded Antonio Cromartie to the New York Jets for a 2011 third-round draft pick that could turn into a second-round pick, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Cromartie has one year left on his contract and there are no plans for his deal to be redone now.

Cromartie was an All-Pro in 2007 and will team with Darrelle Revis in the Jets' secondary, making them possibly the best cornerback tandem in the NFL. Cromartie replaces Lito Sheppard, who was released earlier in the day after one disappointing season.

Despite 15 interceptions in four seasons, the Chargers were dissatisfied with Cromartie's performance late last season and in the playoffs. General manager A.J. Smith made it clear he would try to trade him.

Link

I guess we could merge this thread.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Mar 4, 2010 at 21:54:29 ]
  • BenQ
  • Veteran

too easy
Jets probably used are tampering pick for this trade.....
The Jets are the perfect team for him. He could really be a ballhawk for them behind that pass rush.
I hate that the Jets have so much money to blow!
Share 49ersWebzone