LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

SD trades Cromartie to the Jets (pg 8)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by ninjaniner420:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Sacramento49er:
I read on ESPN that the Chargers were shopping antonio for a rb and that one of the main possibilities was the niners trading coffee for cromartie, imo this would be ideal for the team, allowing us to draft spiller for a complimentary back, addressing out secondary with the trade, and the second first could be used on a rt.

I don't see any way that we move ourselves back into the end of the 1st round when we have a shot at getting Bulaga, Iupati, Spiller, Haden, McClain and Eric Berry. I don't think we should give up on Coffee just yet. He looked good when he had some decent blocking. Give the guy at least a second year to show us what he's made of...he admitted that he wasn't ready when he had to replace Gore, which is not a great excuse, but it's probably true. If Gore goes down again, we will still need a powerful north sound gap runner in addition to our potential scat back.[/

he never said we'd be trading one of our 1st round picks.

I'm already familiar with the terms of the rumored trade. They said that we would trade one of our mid round picks for the Chargers pick AND Coffee for Cromartie. It's a deep draft, but there's a big drop in talent from 13-17 to where the Chargers are picking. I don't think it's worth the risk, especially if Gore gets injured. Then suddenly we're stuck with just a scat back instead of having Coffee to semi-fill Gore's place.
Good point, but we could pick up another coffee type prolly in round 3-5.
If we draft spiller then do it.
You can pick up decent RB left and right, but its hard to find a CB who gets INT's.

DO THE TRADE!

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Feb 17, 2010 at 21:24:12 ]
Why would SD trade a good CB for a RB that hasn't proven anything?
gore for cromartie and rivers
Originally posted by Adman:
Coffee and a 5th rounder for Cromartie...

We put Thomas Clayton on the 53 man roster.
Draft C.J. Spiller.

RB Depth Chart for season:

Gore
Spiller
Clayton

CB Depth Chart for season:

Spencer
Cromartie
Clements
Bly
Brown

I doubt Clayton is coming back. He blew out his knee and I dont think the coaches give up someone like Robinson for Clayton. With Robinson, you know what you get. Clayton is a huge question mark. I am all for Spiller though.
Originally posted by AC49er:
Why would SD trade a good CB for a RB that hasn't proven anything?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I'm glad someone also sees how overrated Cromartie is. Cromartie, like his idol Deion and his cousin DRC, don't tackle or hit anybody.

Look at our starting secondary: Spencer, Clements, Lewis, Goldson - all these guys can tackle and hit with the best of them. Cromartie does not fit this mold at all.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
gore for cromartie and rivers

this. Marshalls a f**kING genious

why not trade Coffee for Peyton?
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I'm glad someone also sees how overrated Cromartie is. Cromartie, like his idol Deion and his cousin DRC, don't tackle or hit anybody.

Look at our starting secondary: Spencer, Clements, Lewis, Goldson - all these guys can tackle and hit with the best of them. Cromartie does not fit this mold at all.

Eh we got guys who can tackle, having a ballhawk would help significantly more considering the teams we play in the NFC such as NO, AZ, Philly, etc.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
after seeing those gif's of him against the jets, no thanks!

We need corners who can tackle if we want to keep up that #6 run defense. Those gifs should be sent to whatever team is interested in him to lower the price. That was the playoffs for pete's sake, talk about no desire.
Quote:
Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie is past due on about $25,000 in child support after missing his Feb. 1 payment due date for several of his children, an attorney for the mother of one of his children says.

Cromartie, 25, has at least seven children with six different women in five states

Link

He's soft and he has too much baggage . . . he's not coming here.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
after seeing those gif's of him against the jets, no thanks!

We need corners who can tackle if we want to keep up that #6 run defense. Those gifs should be sent to whatever team is interested in him to lower the price. That was the playoffs for pete's sake, talk about no desire.

And that 4th and 1 play was the deciding play of the game. That was the nail in the coffin for the Chargers and Cromartie didnt even try. No thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone