There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SD trades Cromartie to the Jets (pg 8)

Originally posted by GEEK:
Spencer is a solid #2, and Brown is a good #2/#3 option - as is Bly.

Clements is supposed to be our #1 CB. Cromartie, in my opinion, is not an upgrade for Clements or Spencer.

Cromartie's biggest year came when Merriman was roiding up. Trust me, you get a dominate pass rusher, and Clements and Spencer will look like Pro-Bowlers.

exactly
i saw it it Coffee & a pick for Cromartie! I'd give them a 2nd rounder & Coffee for Cromartie! SEXY!
Coffee and a 4th for Cromartie.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by miked1978:

Im not even sure about that, maybe Coffee and a 5th.
I'd give up Coffee and a 4th but I doubt San Diego will make a trade like that. Let's be honest here you can find equivilant backs to Coffee on the streets.

He averaged a whopping 2.7 ypc this season.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 17, 2010 at 08:59:20 ]
SD is not going to trade ANYONE for Glen Coffee, much less Cromartie.
LOL...Glen Coffee for Cromartie...
Cro is a big name but his play has been suspect at best for the past 2 seasons. He wouldnt even start on SD and possibly not on the Niners either. I trust Clements and Spenser more than a declining Cromartie. Yes clements is on the decline as well but atleast we dont have to give anything up to get him. I would only consider Coffee for Cro straight up. I worry about players that make a name for themselves with 1 good season and then fall off the map and get by by the name on the back of thier jerseys
  • Mustangstud49
  • Info N/A
I think we should do think, Trade Glen coffee for Cromartie then draft Spiller with our 1st rd pick, Then we can take then best Olineman with our other 1st rd pick, that solves our KR/RB position, OL positon and DB positon. Maybe they think Coffee as a poor man's Gore. I would throw in a 6rd pick with coffee maybe.
Is it just me or has Cromartie been very average the last year or two? People wanna give up the 16th overall pick for him? Nahh i'll pass. I would prefer Brandon Marshall.

He is average imo. He just had that one year with a lot of int's. And that's how he got overrated.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Is it just me or has Cromartie been very average the last year or two? People wanna give up the 16th overall pick for him? Nahh i'll pass. I would prefer Brandon Marshall.

He is average imo. He just had that one year with a lot of int's. And that's how he got overrated.

Afraid to tackle and has now become average in coverage. I agree with that one year made him a "top" CB and make him one of the most overrated players in the NFL
Originally posted by northshore:
Cro is a big name but his play has been suspect at best for the past 2 seasons. He wouldnt even start on SD and possibly not on the Niners either. I trust Clements and Spenser more than a declining Cromartie. Yes clements is on the decline as well but atleast we dont have to give anything up to get him. I would only consider Coffee for Cro straight up. I worry about players that make a name for themselves with 1 good season and then fall off the map and get by by the name on the back of thier jerseys

All understandable concerns, but sometimes a player who was once good can resurrect his career with a new team. Just look at guys like Garrison Hearst and Randy Moss. I'm not saying Cro is close to their level, but he provides big-play ability and can really be utilized if we can pressure QBs into making poor decisions.

I'd trade Coffee (who has very little value) and a pick, maybe as high as a 3rd. That would help us move on from Coffee, who is far from a change-of-pace back to Gore, which is what we actually need.

Antonio Cromartie had one really good year.

His cousin Rodgers-Cromartie of Arizona is the stud of the family.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Antonio Cromartie had one really good year.

His cousin Rodgers-Cromartie of Arizona is the stud of the family.

Aaron Rodgers is the best player in that family and its not close