There are 212 users in the forums

SD trades Cromartie to the Jets (pg 8)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Per espn:

Senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen had word on Tuesday night that the San Diego Chargers are in the midst of trade talks involving starting cornerback Antonio Cromartie. According to Mort's sources, the Chargers are looking to acquire a running back, not too surprising given the fact that LaDainian Tomlinson is on his way out of town, and Darren Sproles -- who is not a proven commodity as a traditional back -- could hit free agency.

You'll remember a few weeks back, when Dallas Cowboys RB Tashard Choice openly claimed that he was happy in Dallas; the reason why he clarified this was that there was a rumor going around that a Cromartie-Choice trade was in the works. That option has to be considered as still active. Mort also lists the Packers as in need of a CB upgrade, but we'll also throw the Ravens, Giants, Eagles, Falcons and 49ers in that mix. Of those teams, the Ravens, Giants and 49ers could probably offer the best RB coming back in trade: Willis McGahee is believed to be on the block, the Giants can choose between Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw, and the 49ers have Glen Coffee, who is more a poor man's version of Frank Gore than a proper complement.

This one should pick up steam fast, even though prospective Cro buyers have all seen this footage.

Wrong forum...sorry
I used to think Cro was a beast but his play has really fallen off the last 2 seasons. WTF! I dont care where he goes as long as its not dallas.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

what do you guys think? would it be worth trading out 2nd first rounder for him and move Nate to safety?
We are not moving Nate to safety, singletary has said so, but Cromartie would be a nice addition to the team

[ Edited by LBCniner on Feb 17, 2010 at 07:15:36 ]
Originally posted by NASTYNATE22:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

what do you guys think? would it be worth trading out 2nd first rounder for him and move Nate to safety?

Nate has already said he does not want to move to safety. Get those plans outta yer head.
i was about to post this.
but it said they wanted a runningback in exchange

i was thinking, maybe draft cj spiller with our 16th pick..and trade for cromartie?

cromartie has some good special teams skills too.
Originally posted by momoney925:

i was thinking, maybe draft cj spiller with our 16th pick..and trade for cromartie?

This isn't Madden
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:

This isn't Madden

So there is no hope of trading Gore, Alex Smith & Clements for Sproles, Rivers and Cromartie ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:

This isn't Madden

So there is no hope of trading Gore, Alex Smith & Clements for Sproles, Rivers and Cromartie ?

Flick on the PS3 and you can still do it

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Is it just me or has Cromartie been very average the last year or two? People wanna give up the 16th overall pick for him? Nahh i'll pass. I would prefer Brandon Marshall.

[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Feb 17, 2010 at 08:09:04 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

This isn't Madden

I don't want it to happen on my PS3. I just want a QB who doesn't have small hands, is that too much to ask for ?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

This isn't Madden

I don't want it to happen on my PS3. I just want a QB who doesn't have small hands, is that too much to ask for ?

Dang even if Alex was like half way decent that trade could go down.

Gore > Sproles
Clements > Cromartie
Rivers >>>>>> Smith

[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Feb 17, 2010 at 08:16:41 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Spencer is a solid #2, and Brown is a good #2/#3 option - as is Bly.

Clements is supposed to be our #1 CB. Cromartie, in my opinion, is not an upgrade for Clements or Spencer.

Cromartie's biggest year came when Merriman was roiding up. Trust me, you get a dominate pass rusher, and Clements and Spencer will look like Pro-Bowlers.
after seeing those gif's of him against the jets, no thanks!
Share 49ersWebzone