There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Possible benefit to teams during uncapped year

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
It was just reported on NFL Network that one of the benefits that teams will have during the expected uncapped year is that they can dump the salaries of players who don't live up to their contact, (Vernon Gholston, Jake Delhomme, etc) without the penalties they would normally face. Look for a lot of draft busts with time left on their contracts to be available this off season.
What are the consequences of that then?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:

Well usually teams would have to pay massive penalties for release players early on in a contract period, not including the guaranteed money that is owed. Now they can release these guys without the added cap penalties. This means more teams will likely get rid of dead weight instead of holding on to them for salary cap concerns.
Balmer?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Balmer?

NO
Not sure if this was correct but i thought I heard the new Union leader say that each team will pretty much save 10 million dollars b/c performance incentives don't hvae to be payed in an uncapped year.
Originally posted by teeohh:

I believe that when a team cuts a player who has guaranteed $s, the whole guaranteed money that is left is counted against the cap in the current year instead the hit being spread out over the duration of the contract.

-9fA
There will be no football in 2011..

none.

Oh there's champagne in the champagne room.....
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
There will be no football in 2011..

none.

Oh there's champagne in the champagne room.....

There's no way Carolina doesn't use this to dump Delhomme.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
There's no way Carolina doesn't use this to dump Delhomme.

and the rams with mark bulger
i wonder how this is going to effect madden?

also...

matt hasselback
bob sanders???
anyone else you can think of?
Ted Ginn Jr.
heyward-bey/
Well the ''plan'' is ..........

that NFL teams are going to keep the new free agent contracts low...but with assd*cks like Al Davis and Jerry Jones, they're just going to go overboard and start an NFL lockout for 2011.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home