There are 312 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who do you think is the best Blocking Tight End?

Who do you think is the best Blocking Tight End?

I was in a argument last night with a raiders fan, trying to convince me that Zach Miller is the best blocker if not better than Vernon Davis.

I thought this guy was smokin crack, because i personally thing that Vernon Davis is the better if not the best blocking TE in the league. I don't think any Tight End has his strength or power like Vernon .

What do you guys think?

[ Edited by NinerDreamer11 on Feb 13, 2010 at 16:37:15 ]
You should have told him, "Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. I know it must be hard having to overhype anyone over there. "

Personally, I say Vernon is the best blocking TE right now.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
After seeing Vernon Davis pretty much locking down Joey Porter in 2008, I'd have to go with him.
Todd Heap, Witten, Kleinssaser, Fasson, VD...in no particular order
Vernon was an alternate 2 seasons ago for the Pro Bowl off of strictly his blocking skill. He didn't quite have the year receiving like this past year, so that definitely wasn't why he got alternate.
Out of those guys you have listed i would have to go with Vernon Davis. Jason Witten is also a pretty underrated blocker IMO but Davis is probably better.

Best blocking TE in the NFL however is probably Brandon Manumaleuna from the Chargers.
Heath Miller is a pretty good blocker and a solid receiving threat.
There is no debate.. Vernon is absolutely the best inline blocking TE in the NFL, it's not even close. I suspect he could do a better job at RT than Snyder, even playing at 255.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Vernon was an alternate 2 seasons ago for the Pro Bowl off of strictly his blocking skill. He didn't quite have the year receiving like this past year, so that definitely wasn't why he got alternate.

exactly
Billy Bajema
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Billy Bajema

lol just about to post this.

But maybe Heath Miller or Tod Heap out of some of the bigger named TEs
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
There is no debate.. Vernon is absolutely the best inline blocking TE in the NFL, it's not even close. I suspect he could do a better job at RT than Snyder, even playing at 255.
Vernon. He got a little lazy this year though since he was more involved in the passing game.
VD.

Dallas Clark should be nowhere near this poll.
Jed Weaver