There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Caldwell

Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
= The Jim Caldwell smiley

Absolutely not. That's the George Seifert smiley.

No, that's the ''nose wiggle -sniff'' smiley.
Jim Caldwell is a very good coach. He was Peyton Manning's quarterback coach for the better part of Manning's career. So many people forget that Peyton was not always great, he was one dimensional in that he threw to Marvin Harrison all the time. Manning does not coach himself and to say so is ridiculous and I think some of the criticism of Caldwell is not related to his job but something else and I think Deion Sander's criticism of Manning is not related to Manning's performance but something else. The facts are that Caldwell and Manning are on a team that won 16 games and they are on a team that got to the Superbowl. The fact is that Manning was one completion shy of a Superbowl record and he completed 70 percent of his passes and as a coach Caldwell has his team up 10 - 0 after a quarter and if not for a dropped pass or two the Colts could have been up 13 - 3 at the least. I do feel like Caldwell was outcoached,however, in that he probably should have punted instead of kicking a 50 yard field goal and he never adjusted to Brees taking one-step or three-step drops but then the Saints have the number one offense and Sean Payton knew he couldn't beat the Colts straight up. The Colts starters won every game they played in entirety except the Superbowl so you have to give the coach some credit. If you win 16 games in the NFL you have outcoached a whole lot of people and the Colts were a better team this year than last year. Guess what, I predict they will win at least 11 games next season because that's what they do. Brees outplayed Manning,this time, and Sean Payton outcoached Caldwell this time and I just wish people could see that more than the faces of Manning and Caldwell.
Originally posted by Archie:
Jim Caldwell is a very good coach. He was Peyton Manning's quarterback coach for the better part of Manning's career. So many people forget that Peyton was not always great, he was one dimensional in that he threw to Marvin Harrison all the time. Manning does not coach himself and to say so is ridiculous and I think some of the criticism of Caldwell is not related to his job but something else and I think Deion Sander's criticism of Manning is not related to Manning's performance but something else. The facts are that Caldwell and Manning are on a team that won 16 games and they are on a team that got to the Superbowl. The fact is that Manning was one completion shy of a Superbowl record and he completed 70 percent of his passes and as a coach Caldwell has his team up 10 - 0 after a quarter and if not for a dropped pass or two the Colts could have been up 13 - 3 at the least. I do feel like Caldwell was outcoached,however, in that he probably should have punted instead of kicking a 50 yard field goal and he never adjusted to Brees taking one-step or three-step drops but then the Saints have the number one offense and Sean Payton knew he couldn't beat the Colts straight up. The Colts starters won every game they played in entirety except the Superbowl so you have to give the coach some credit. If you win 16 games in the NFL you have outcoached a whole lot of people and the Colts were a better team this year than last year. Guess what, I predict they will win at least 11 games next season because that's what they do. Brees outplayed Manning,this time, and Sean Payton outcoached Caldwell this time and I just wish people could see that more than the faces of Manning and Caldwell.

I am sure Caldwell is very good quarterback coach. The issue is him being a head coach. It is obvious that Peyton manning hardly ever talks to Caldwell during a game, only to Tom Moore, the OC. They are running the offense and managing the game. Caldwell makes few decisions if any on that side of the ball.
And of course he would have no input on defense.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Feb 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM ]
How do you know that? That makes no logical sense. Manning hardly spoke to Dungy but the truth is Dungy was a part of the game plan as for the defense Larry Coyer was the guy Caldwell wanted. You don't win 16 games without talent and knowing how to get the best out of your players. Fans always exceed the level of stupidity I expect.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

I am sure Caldwell is very good quarterback coach. The issue is him being a head coach. It is obvious that Peyton manning hardly ever talks to Caldwell during a game, only to Tom Moore, the OC. They are running the offense and managing the game. Caldwell makes few decisions if any on that side of the ball.
How do you know that? That makes no logical sense. Manning hardly spoke to Dungy but the truth is Dungy was a part of the game plan as for the defense Larry Coyer was the guy Caldwell wanted. You don't win 16 games without talent and knowing how to get the best out of your players. Fans always exceed the level of stupidity I expect.

Ok Mr. Archie Manning, you can protect your son's team, we remember this when the Colts don't win their division next year.
I hear you dude(laughing)!!!! I just hope the 49ers win the division and I can even have this debate next year about the 49ers. In other words, I hope the 49ers make it to the superbowl!!!

Ok Mr. Archie Manning, you can protect your son's team, we remember this when the Colts don't win their division next year.
Who is Jim Caldwell?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
we all know Manning is the real HC. Caldwell is just a figure head.

True, Manning has alot of power, probably more than Calwell imo.

you two have ZERO idea of what you're talking about....and trust me, I'm putting it nicely.

any other person who doesn't want to give Caldwell credit for what he has done as a rookie head coach....you fall in the same boat.

there was a reason why he was hired as their head coach in the first place...and lead them to the SuperBowl in his first year.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

you two have ZERO idea of what your talking about....and trust me, I'm putting it nicely.

any other person who doesn't want to give Caldwell credit for what he has done as a rookie head coach....you fall in the same boat.

there is a reason why he was hired as their head coach in the first place...and lead them to the SuperBowl in his first year.

I could have taken them to the SB with Manning at QB, belluuuhh dat
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

you two have ZERO idea of what your talking about....and trust me, I'm putting it nicely.

there is a reason why he was hired as their head coach in the first place...and lead them to the SuperBowl in his first year.

I could have taken them to the SB with Manning at QB, belluuuhh dat

Doesn't everyone know how easy it is to coach an NFL team???
who?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
within a couple years I don't even see Caldwell coaching there. His expressions during the game were pretty hilarious. The Colts will be in such disaster once Manning retires
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
within a couple years I don't even see Caldwell coaching there. His expressions during the game were pretty hilarious. The Colts will be in such disaster once Manning retires

Who has funnier expressions during games, Tom Coughlin, Wade Philips or Jim Caldwell?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
Who is Jim Caldwell?

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Icedawg316:

Who has funnier expressions during games, Tom Coughlin, Wade Philips or Jim Caldwell?