LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

New England Patriots, Team of the 00's

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
PATRIOTS?!?!?

They won super bowls with sub par talent...How? Remember the cheating the Bellichek did? How about the Tuck Rule? How about the Brady rule this year? Yeah Goodell and Kraft are buddies.

Imagine you run the industry and your best pal in the same business as you. If you busted him for cheating you would let em slide. Bellichek should have been BANNED from the league for doing that. It is a intentional, blatent violation of the rules where winning and losing means millions of dollars. Thas some sneaky ass s**t he was doing!

Players lives change when they win the super bowl. Imagine how many hard working players would be more sucessful if they weren't cheated out of a super bowl win or a chance at the win.

Patriots? No way. Give me the Colts. Good clean football.

what's funny is he posted this AFTER the colts loss. i mean you either go with the patriots or the steelers. but imo its the patriots. they were the greatest throughout the decade, and imo had the best quarterback.
Originally posted by 49ers1:
PATRIOTS?!?!?

They won super bowls with sub par talent...How? Remember the cheating the Bellichek did? How about the Tuck Rule? How about the Brady rule this year? Yeah Goodell and Kraft are buddies.

Imagine you run the industry and your best pal in the same business as you. If you busted him for cheating you would let em slide. Bellichek should have been BANNED from the league for doing that. It is a intentional, blatent violation of the rules where winning and losing means millions of dollars. Thas some sneaky ass s**t he was doing!

Players lives change when they win the super bowl. Imagine how many hard working players would be more successful if they weren't cheated out of a super bowl win or a chance at the win.

what's funny is he posted this AFTER the colts loss. i mean you either go with the patriots or the steelers. but imo its the patriots. they were the greatest throughout the decade, and imo had the best quarterback.

If Manning had the defensive signals for the other teams he would have won more super bowls. Did you even read my post or just the last sentence? Brady was on a CHEATING team...how hard is that to understand? If you want to give props to a cheater cause he's from San Mateo then go ahead. I'll take Manning all day.

And the Steelers got lucky for one of their rings by knee bashing Carson Palmer on the first play and then getting lucky on a missed FG by the colts (Remember the Bettis fumble?). Steelers won the super bowl but were never given props because it was widely believed around the league that they were NOT the best team that year. Then the Steelers barely beat the tards on a last minute pass and because of Harrisons' pick six at the end of the half. There was nothing dominant about that performance.

Do you guys even watch football of just read the stats and watch highlights the next day? There is more to it then just super bowl crowns.

People like you guys are the reason why Lynn Swann, terry Bradshaw and other talentless clowns like Joe Namath are in the hall of fame. You see them as super bowl champs instead of what they really are....

Just because the Steelers and Pats have won rings this decade does not make them the best.

Look how they won. You want to crown luck and cheating then go for it.
PATRIOTS?!?!?

Players lives change when they win the super bowl. Imagine how many hard working players would be more successful if they weren't cheated out of a super bowl win or a chance at the win.

If Manning had the defensive signals for the other teams he would have won more super bowls. Did you even read my post or just the last sentence? Brady was on a CHEATING team...how hard is that to understand? If you want to give props to a cheater cause he's from San Mateo then go ahead. I'll take Manning all day.

And the Steelers got lucky for one of their rings by knee bashing Carson Palmer on the first play and then getting lucky on a missed FG by the colts (Remember the Bettis fumble?). Steelers won the super bowl but were never given props because it was widely believed around the league that they were NOT the best team that year. Then the Steelers barely beat the tards on a last minute pass and because of Harrisons' pick six at the end of the half. There was nothing dominant about that performance.

Do you guys even watch football of just read the stats and watch highlights the next day? There is more to it then just super bowl crowns.

People like you guys are the reason why Lynn Swann, terry Bradshaw and other talentless clowns like Joe Namath are in the hall of fame. You see them as super bowl champs instead of what they really are....

Just because the Steelers and Pats have won rings this decade does not make them the best.

Young2Rice. I think you are missing a staple of being an NFL fan. There is always something to argue. So you can either argue all day or enter an agreement. The agreement is that the Super Bowl winner be proclaimed the BEST team that season. Period end of story.

in 3 seasons the Patriots were the best team
in 2 seasons the Steelers were the best team
in 1 season the Colts were the best team
PATRIOTS?!?!?

You know what's really lucky? This:

You know what else was lucky? The Catch. Even more lucky? The Cowboys almost scored on the following drive.

And you should really learn more about the Patriots "cheating" before you spout s**t you don't know about and sound like a buffoon.

Fact: there was no tape from the Rams Super Bowl walkthrough practice. These were the tapes that were discovered:

* One tape from the Miami Dolphins game on September 24, 2000
* Two tapes, one offensive signals and one defensive signals, from the Dolphins game on October 7, 2001
* One tape from the Buffalo Bills game on November 11, 2001
* One tape from the Cleveland Browns game on December 9, 2001
* Two tapes from the January 27, 2002, AFC Championship Game against the Pittsburgh Steelers
* One tape, from a "third camera", from the San Diego Chargers game on September 29, 2002

By all means, explain how that would help you win a Super Bowl. Jimmy Johnson said that he was told to film like the Patriots were, but he tried it and it didn't help.

If you really think that the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls only because they filmed a few games, or that the Steelers won 2 Super Bowls based purely on luck, you're the one who knows nothing about football.

By the way, who do you think is the team of the 00's?
Originally posted by danimal:
PATRIOTS?!?!?

Young2Rice. I think you are missing a staple of being an NFL fan. There is always something to argue. So you can either argue all day or enter an agreement. The agreement is that the Super Bowl winner be proclaimed the BEST team that season. Period end of story.

"Missing a staple of being an NFL fan." What does that even mean?

You are right, there is always something to argue...that is what forums are for. And what agreement says that the super bowl winner is the BEST team of the season?

Do you think when the Falcons beat us and went on to make it to the super bowl they were better then us? Do you remember ALL PRO Hearst getting hurt on the first drive?

Do you think when the Pats beat the Rams, who were highly favored, they didn't have any knowledge of the Rams' defense? And do you think the Rams were better?

I'm not that stubborn so I'll accept the Steelers at #1. But the Patriots? I can't stand that whole cheating s**t. There were tons of vids destroyed by Goodell. I guarantee Bellichek had everyone's signals locked in.

Otherwise, you can believe Pats won the super bowl legit with Troy Brown, David Patton, Antwon Smith, over Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce. Rams D was just as good as Pats D so don't use that argument.

The only season the Pats were the best IMO was when they went 16-0 after they stopped cheating and got some talent. But without cheating, Pats with Moss, Welker, and the ridiculous D couldn't beat Eli, Strahan, Burress and co. That should tell you something.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 10, 2010 at 9:18 AM ]
PATRIOTS?!?!?

You are right, there is always something to argue...that is what forums are for. And what agreement says that the super bowl winner is the BEST team of the season?

Do you think when the Falcons beat us and went on to win the super bowl they were better then us? Do you remember ALL PRO Hearst getting hurt on the first drive?

Do you think when the Pats beat the Rams, who were highly favored, they didn't have any knowledge of the Rams' defense? And do you think the Rams were better?

I'm not that stubborn so I'll accept the Steelers at #1. But the Patriots? I can't stand that whole cheating s**t. There were tons of vids destroyed by Goodell. I guarantee Bellichek had everyone's signals locked in.

Otherwise, you can believe Pats won the super bowl legit with Troy Brown, David Patton, Antwon Smith, over Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce. Rams D was just as good as Pats D so don't use that argument.

The only season the Pats were the best IMO was when they went 16-0 after they stopped cheating and got some talent. But without cheating, Pats with Moss, Welker, and the ridiculous D couldn't beat Eli, Strahan, Burress and co. That should tell you something.

Falcons didn't win the Super Bowl.

You're so smart, how did you learn so much about football?
PATRIOTS?!?!?

Do you think when the Falcons beat us and went on to win the super bowl they were better then us? Do you remember ALL PRO Hearst getting hurt on the first drive?

It is a unwritten agreement that most fans follow, even on this forum. It means you agree to acknowledge the Super Bowl winner as the Champion of the season. Otherwise we would have complete anarchy. The Super Bowl is suppose to be the end all to arguments, not just when it fits who YOU think is the best team.

debates are fun. Endless debates are not.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
PATRIOTS?!?!?

You know what else was lucky? The Catch. Even more lucky? The Cowboys almost scored on the following drive.

And you should really learn more about the Patriots "cheating" before you spout s**t you don't know about and sound like a buffoon.

Fact: there was no tape from the Rams Super Bowl walkthrough practice. These were the tapes that were discovered:

* Two tapes, one offensive signals and one defensive signals, from the Dolphins game on October 7, 2001
* Two tapes from the January 27, 2002, AFC Championship Game against the Pittsburgh Steelers
* One tape, from a "third camera", from the San Diego Chargers game on September 29, 2002

By all means, explain how that would help you win a Super Bowl. Jimmy Johnson said that he was told to film like the Patriots were, but he tried it and it didn't help.

If you really think that the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls only because they filmed a few games, or that the Steelers won 2 Super Bowls based purely on luck, you're the one who knows nothing about football.

You are taking what i said out of context. I was arguing that the super bowl winner is not necessarily the best team of the season. If you watch the game you can tell what happened.

Ok, a drop int and Clark's catch is not comparable to a missed gimmie FG by a HOF kicker and cheating.

How do you know those were the only tapes discovered? Goodell and Kraft are good friends you know? Wouldn't you help your friend out of a pickle? Did YOU know there were more tapes destroyed that were never shown. THat is the controversy around the league...whether the destroyed tapes had the Rams super bowl walkthrough.

As I said before I think the colts were the team of the 00's and then I compromised and said Steelers. But Patriots...NO!
PATRIOTS?!?!?

It is a unwritten agreement that most fans follow, even on this forum. It means you agree to acknowledge the Super Bowl winner as the Champion of the season. Otherwise we would have complete anarchy. The Super Bowl is suppose to be the end all to arguments, not just when it fits who YOU think is the best team.

Then what the hell is the point of this thread? You can just go back every decade and count the number of super bowls per decade won and ignore everything else. I'm out.
PATRIOTS?!?!?

Falcons didn't win the Super Bowl.

You're so smart, how did you learn so much about football?

My bad player. "went on to make it to the super bowl."

PATRIOTS?!?!?

You are taking what i said out of context. I was arguing that the super bowl winner is not necessarily the best team of the season. If you watch the game you can tell what happened.

Ok, a drop int and Clark's catch is not comparable to a missed gimmie FG by a HOF kicker and cheating.

How do you know those were the only tapes discovered? Goodell and Kraft are good friends you know? Wouldn't you help your friend out of a pickle? Did YOU know there were more tapes destroyed that were never shown. THat is the controversy around the league...whether the destroyed tapes had the Rams super bowl walkthrough.

As I said before I think the colts were the team of the 00's and then I compromised and said Steelers. But Patriots...NO!

Yes, if I watch the games, I can tell what happened: The Patriots won the games they needed to, beating the Rams, Eagles, and Panthers in the Super Bowl. The Steelers won the games they needed to, beating the Seahawks and Cardinals.

Also, a 46-yrd field goal to win a playoff game isn't a gimme field goal.

And no, if I was the commissioner of the NFL, and my "buddy" was in the middle of a controversy, I'd be doing my job...which is exactly what Goodell did: Belichick was fined half a million dollars, and the Patriots had to give up a 1st round draft pick. And by the way, I'm sure Goodell is friends with most of the owners, seeing as he is commissioner and all.

It doesn't even matter. There's cheating and luck in every game. And the fact that you think the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls just by filming a few meaningless games shows that you know don't know s**t about football.

Patriots are clearly the team of the decade.
PATRIOTS?!?!?

Then what the hell is the point of this thread? You can just go back every decade and count the number of super bowls per decade won and ignore everything else. I'm out.

How can you argue that the Colts, a team who went 9-9 in the playoffs this decade, be the best team?

Please, be out. Your argument sucks.
Great Posts on SpyGate Huck, very few people get just how minimal that advantage was.

There is a little something called signal rotation, because after the invention of a little something called the camera professional signal callers considered their signals compromised over a certain amount of time. Strangely they did not depend on the Rule of illegal taping to protect them.

The bottom line is you NEVER KNOW. What a signal means one day can mean something completely different the next. Hell, what a signal means one half can mean something completely different the next half.

So you're the HC, and you are advised that MAYBE this signal means such and such, you have moments to decide, how does a MAYBE really help you?

Do you guys even watch football of just read the stats and watch highlights the next day?

That's a good question for yourself. Do you realize that every team steals signals? Do you realize that Steve Young himself admitted to stealing signals and called it a part of the game?

So I ask you, do you know what's actually happening on a sideline of an NFL game, or do you just watch your TV for Cletus the robot to start breakdancing?
Share 49ersWebzone