There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL might ban the 3-point stance

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
It makes a big difference.

What if Olympic sprinters weren't allowed to get into the starting position?? You get more thrust coming out of a 3 point stance.

And if you can get away with it, you hit them right in the face mask with your helmet. I used to do it all the time in HS.

I knew I knew you from somewhere

Hope they don't, it would be just crazy.
they better not or I'll call the cops
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Why don't we just put everyone in a giant inflatable sumo suit and watch them go at it. This is dumb.

Football is a VIOLENT sport. You want to protect your athletes? Tell them to go run track or some other non-contact sport.

Deal with the fact that people are going to get hurt because you are giving incentives (money) to bigger, faster, stronger, VIOLENT people.
Originally posted by HailJerry:
Here's a dumb question re: these proposed rule changes that seem to come out every year in order to make the game safer:

At what point do we draw the line and determine that choosing the play football is a personal choice which means that in addition to the rewards he might reap (i.e. large contracts, sports immortality, financial security, etc.), the player is also accepting the risks associated with the game?

I don't have an answer...I'm just curious.

Don't you know that Americans are not allowed to live their lives as THEY choose anymore? I mean we are all morons and don't understand that if we play a game with other 300+lb guys smashing into us we might get hurt.

The powers that be slowly remove our freedom of choice. If I want to bash my freaking head into some other guy and live the end of my life as a physical and mental midget, in return for a life of security for my family, then so be it.
If they keep hanging the NFL in this direction then that's awesome because that means...

...I have a chance.

Pretty soon, it will be so PC that both teams in the Superbowl will be winners.
Originally posted by Joecool:
If they keep hanging the NFL in this direction then that's awesome because that means...

...I have a chance.

Pretty soon, it will be so PC that both teams in the Superbowl will be winners.

ya, Lombardi trophies for everyone