LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

NFL might ban the 3-point stance

Shop 49ers game tickets
Roger Goodell said for safety issues they might have to ban the 3 point stance.
might as well just cancel f**king football.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-superbowl-goodell&prov=ap&type=lgns

let the chants begin! Bullllllls**t! Bulllllls**t! Bullllllls**t!
I've never played football, so I don't know how much of an effect the 3-point stance has on concussions.

Would this really make a difference?
On a related note, I heard Goodell will ban Patrick Willis from the league because he hits too hard.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I've never played football, so I don't know how much of an effect the 3-point stance has on concussions.

Would this really make a difference?

ive played football, and honestly it makes no difference.
even when ur in a 3 point stance u hit the guy wiith ur shoulder not ur head.
why don't they just have a stricter steroids testing policy so guys aren't so fast.
this guy wants to change every f**king thing
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Roger Goodell is a F'n moron, hes trying to change all this crap in the league just so he can put his stamp on it.

When are they gonna let these guys play football??
It makes a big difference.

What if Olympic sprinters weren't allowed to get into the starting position?? You get more thrust coming out of a 3 point stance.

And if you can get away with it, you hit them right in the face mask with your helmet. I used to do it all the time in HS.
This is f*cking ridiculous.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
This is f*cking ridiculous.

Yah they should change it to flag football.

Here's a dumb question re: these proposed rule changes that seem to come out every year in order to make the game safer:

At what point do we draw the line and determine that choosing the play football is a personal choice which means that in addition to the rewards he might reap (i.e. large contracts, sports immortality, financial security, etc.), the player is also accepting the risks associated with the game?

I don't have an answer...I'm just curious.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
LMFAO I can't imagine having the offensive and defensive linemen in two-point stances. Everybody standing up at the line of scrimmage.

It would be so weird.

That's not football.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
This is total BS. These guys are getting paid millions and millions to play football. Not some pansy ass s**t.
WTF....the NFL's going down the f**king toilet.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
What a f**king p***y, dude wants to ruin football.

f**k that s**t stick.
Share 49ersWebzone