Not a member? Register Now!

*Official Super Bowl XLIV Thread: New Orleans Saints vs Indianapolis Colts*

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Now it's even for the Manning family.

Saints, Colts, and Giants
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by jrg:
I picked the Saints..and are thrilled they won (won me $1,000)..but Jesus Christ..keep this about FOOTBALL and the TEAM..quit mentioning the city of New Orleans and Katrina.

you're joking right James?

Not at all.

I agree with what they're saying..this is awesome for the city of New Orleans.

It just seems they're overlooking the Saints as a football team and focusing more on the city.
I picked the Saints..and are thrilled they won (won me $1,000)..but Jesus Christ..keep this about FOOTBALL and the TEAM..quit mentioning the city of New Orleans and Katrina.

Not at all.

It just seems they're overlooking the Saints as a football team and focusing more on the city.

It's one of those moment that is actually a good thing, IMO... After what NO went through the last few years, it's a welcome diversion much needed for the area...

Originally posted by GEEK:
Now it's even for the Manning family.

Saints, Colts, and Giants

No,why should Archie get credit for something he wasn't a part of (well maybe for providing half of the QB who won it for for them). Love that it was a Manning who won the game for NO, just not the way anyone expected.
[ Edited by linkboy on Feb 7, 2010 at 9:13 PM ]
Originally posted by kidash:

Not at all.

It's one of those moment that is actually a good thing, IMO... After what NO went through the last few years, it's a welcome diversion much needed for the area...

Agreed. Please don't think I'm saying this isn't great for that city.

It truly is and New Orleans deserves this.

I just have a feeling the media will overlook what the SAINTS actually did and look at the city first and the players won't get the proper recognition they deserve.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So my buddy that is in a bunch of commercials and small time stuff is in another SB one this year. He's a cop in the Audi commercial. He comes in at like 30 seconds, or something.

The guy is a total crack up. I die laughing everytime I see him on TV. You've all seen him at one time or another. He was in a Capitol One commercial that ran all season a couple years ago.

Not sure if you guys caught it. My buddy was the eco-cop pouring the bottles out at 32 seconds saying "What do you guys think of plastic bottles now?" and the eco-cop at the last 5 seconds of the commercial that pulled over the cops for foam cups. Looks like he put on a few pounds since I last saw him.

And what's up with the ^^^anteater sniffer animal in that still frame above?
As a San Francisco born, NFC West kickin' Saints azz Niner fan, moved to New Orleans for work, displaced back to SF by Katrina I have to say that tonight was a good night for so many people that NEED it in South Louisiana!

And the bottom line: everyone can put to bed all the Peyton is better than Montana garbage. Manning is a 500 post season QB!
to new orleans saints
I was so pumped for the win...all but 1 person with me werew rooting for the colts...no I!!!!

now I can go back and hate them
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
As a San Francisco born, NFC West kickin' Saints azz Niner fan, moved to New Orleans for work, displaced back to SF by Katrina I have to say that tonight was a good night for so many people that NEED it in South Louisiana!

And the bottom line: everyone can put to bed all the Peyton is better than Montana garbage. Manning is a 500 post season QB!

Does Manning's 9-9 record in the post season mean he has the same winning percentage of Alex Smith's 0-0 record?
out of about 20 people, 3 were colts fans.
me as a Saints fan. (For Today)

felt so good to have people with me and i was going crazy after Tracy Porter did his thing.
I cannot wait until one day we are the ones celebrating a super bowl win.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Imagine the Zone when that happens
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Imagine the Zone when that happens

I'll cry
Originally posted by global_nomad:

This pic says it all.

This one says more...